- EDI Consultant with more than ten years of diverse experience in EDI, mapping, business process development, business analysis, HIPAA and Application integration in healthcare, shipping and retail domain. Have extensive experience with Analysis and Review of Software and Business Requirement Documents.
- Over ten years of experience in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) domain.
- Full life cycle Software Development experience: Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- Expertise in mapping, BPML and XSLT’s.
- Extensive experience with installation and administration of IBM B2B/MFT products (SI, SFG and SSP).
- Well versed with ANSI and EDIFACT EDI standards.
- Well versed with configuring services/adapters and creating business processes in GIS.
- Experience in Business Requirement and System Specifications Analysis.
- Strong Project Management, Interpersonal and Programming skills.
Languages: C++, C, SQL, PL/SQL, TSL, HTML
RDBMS: Oracle, MS Access, DB2, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/ME, Windows NT, UNIX (Solaris 2.6 and AIX), OS/390.
Utilities: Rapid SQL, TOAD, Sybase SQL Advantage, XML Spy.
EAI Tools: Sterling B2B Integrator, Sterling File Gateway, Sterling Secure Proxy, Gentran Integration Suite (GIS), GXS AI, IBM MQ Series
EDI Utilities: EDISIM, EDIFECS
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest.
Web Server: Microsoft IIS, WebLogic
- Support existing interfaces in 1EDISource.
- Configure and setup EDI interfaces in 1EDISource.
- Develop SQL scripts to load XML files into SQLServer tables.
- Write SQL scripts to test and validate data.
- Participate in enhancements involving .NET coding.
- Provide on call production support as needed.
Environment: 1EDISource, SQL Server, .NET.
Confidential, Peapack, NJ
- Install and setup Sterling Integrator 5.0/Sterling File Gateway.
- Setup single node Dev and clustered (two node) TEST and PROD environments.
- Create maps for IDOC to flat file, EDI to IDOC and IDOC to EDI mapping (850, 810, 820, 824, 831,944, 945, 947, 856…).
- Install and setup Sap Suite adapter to support both ALE and File based connections.
- Design managed file transfer (MFT) solution using Sterling File Gateway(SFG) to support data exchange in AS2, PGP, SNMP/SMTP, FTP, SFTP, JDBC, FSA, SAP ALE and SAP File based protocols.
- Develop business process to handle complex set of communication requirements (pick multiple files using SFTP, handle files without extension, handle both push/pull scenarios, process files in arrival sequence, archiving on source system on demand).
- Setup producer polling logic, custom protocols and custom events in SFG.
- Customize MFT solution to handle file transfers involving complex file transformations.
- Develop custom events/processes to publish detailed transformation details (including translation errors) into SFG.
- Develop web services in SI to accept SOAP messages via HTTP and send acknowledgements back.
- Develop business processes to integrate with the remote web service calls and parse and capture the web service responses.
- Write processes to monitor status of file transfers and generate HTML report showing transfers in error or in progress for a long time.
- Write business processes for monitoring DB and file system usage and generate alerts if the usage exceeds the specified threshold.
- Build maps to handle complex transformation scenarios (XML, positional, flat file, ODBC and IDOC) and build logic to bypass data in case the bypass condition is satisfied.
- Create style sheets (XSLT’s) to generate custom formatted email alerts.
- Provide production support for Axway AS2 transfers.
- Develop error notification process to trigger email alerts and include detailed error information and links to the document and business process in SI.
- Integrate the error notifications with HP Service Desk(part of HP Operations Manager Suite).
- Upgrade SI environment from 5.0(build 5008) to 5.2 in a clustered environment.
- Responsible for performance tuning and ensuring high availability in the clustered SI environment.
Environment: Gentran:Windows, Sterling Integrator 5.0/5.2, GIS 4.3, Sterling File Gateway(SFG), EDIFECS, Perl, Axway Cyclone, PGP, Oracle ERP.
Senior EDI Analyst
- Define the mapping spec for mapping 837/835/270/271 and 834 transactions.
- Conduct meetings with trading partners to discuss and gather their EDI specs.
- Identify key elements required by internal applications (Carrier, Account, Group…) and ensure data is being received in EDI.
- Upgrade HIPAA 4010 maps to HIPAA 5010 version.
- Interact with partner, payers, TPA’s to define and create test schedule and transition plan for 5010 migration.
- Setup templates and routing channels in Sterling File Gateway.
- Work with QA teams in defining scenarios for extensively testing 834 transactions.
- Create SQL validation scripts to verify data integrity.
- Resolve complex issues associated with multi carrier 834 transactions.
- Provide day to day production support as needed.
- Prepare status reports and keep management updated with progress of the project.
Environment: Claredi, EDIFECS, Sterling Integrator, Sterling File Gateway, PL/SQL, Java
Senior EDI Consultant
Confidential, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Configure and maintain GIS 4.3 on Solaris platform.
- Design and implement EDI error management solution to trigger alerts via email for all business process failures.
- Setup communication between GIS and SAP system using SAP Suite adapter.
- Create maps to translate inbound EDI 850 messages into ORDERS IDOC format and outbound INVOICE IDOC into EDI 810 message.
- Develop maps for integrating chargeback EDI messages 844, 845 and 849.
- Integrate 820, 831, 824 and 997 transactions with banks.
- Enhance existing SFTP business process to support SFTP with PGP encryption for supporting bank requirements for EFT transfers.
- Create reusable templates in Sterling File Gateway for on boarding new partners.
- Setup rule based processing and define business processes to effectively utilize Sterling File Gateway.
- Configure and maintain communities in Axway to support SFTP/AS2 file transfers.
- Provide production support for both GIS and Axway Cyclone as needed.
- Setup alerts/processes to effectively monitor health of the system.
Environment: GIS (Gentran Integration Suite), Axway Cyclone, Sterling File Gateway, BPML, XML, CARS, SAP ECC, SQL Server, Solaris.
Senior EDI Consultant
Confidential, Vernon Hills, IL
- Configure and upgrade GIS from version 4.1 to 4.3 on Windows platform.
- Gather requirements from customers in detail (EDI format, communication protocol, and other special requirements.)
- Develop generic business processes which can be used to integrate new customer coming on board using SFTP, HTTP or AS2 protocols.
- Develop maps to translate incoming orders in EDI (850) or cXML format into internal Confidential XML format.
- Process the incoming orders in the backend AS400 I - Series application.
- Generate invoices for the customer as per the test cases.
- Develop maps to translate the internal Confidential XML format invoices/order confirmations into EDI (810/855) or cXML format.
- Develop Java programs to handle special customer requirements and integrate them into GIS either as user exits or adapters.
- Provide production support as needed.
Environment: GIS (Gentran Integration Suite), BPML, XML, AS400 I-Series, SQL Developer, QPasa, MQExplorer, Windows.
Confidential, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Implement a complete FTP framework including setting up schedules, archival process and triggering alerts.
- Configure services (Typing, DocExtraction and Translation) to meet client requirements.
- Use various Adapters in GIS such as Light Weight JDBC Adapter, SMTP Adapter, File System Adapters based on message processing requirements.
- Set up envelopes/trading partner profiles in GIS.
- Generate EDI mapping specifications from sample test files in cases where limited requirements are available.
- Analyze partner requirements and create paper maps (mapping specification).
- Develop maps for EDI to XML, EDI to ODBC, XML to XML and flatfile to XML transformation.
- Implement user exits and invoke them from maps to retrieve data from external databases.
- Develop business process for dynamically updating GIS code lists using Lightweight JDBC adapter.
- Develop business process to incoming bypass messages based on specific bypass criteria.
- Develop business process flow to capture errors in GIS business process flow and pass the error information and original input message to incident management system.
- Develop generic business process interface to handle emails with message in body/message in attachment and emails with multiple attachments.
- Develop Java programs to split large flat messages into smaller transactions and integrate them into the GIS flow using command line adapter.
- Write Perl scripts to prepare large volumes of EDI data for GIS performance testing.
- Generate EDI data to test the mapping logic in detail (looping, repeat counts, mandatory/conditional checks).
- Run unit/end of end tests to validate the end-to-end business process flow.
- Monitor the flow of messages through data communications platforms (Connect:Direct & Connect: Enterprise).
- Develop maps in AI to translate EDIFACT vendor messages (CODECO, COPRAR, COARRI) into application flat file formats.
- Create stylesheets (XSLT) to transform and format XML data.
- Check in all objects to be deployed into Clearcase and log deployment requests to get the objects deployed.
- Update service calls with complete details of the fixes being deployed.
- Provide on call support in case of any production issues.
- Create/update system documentation as required.
Environment: GIS (Gentran Integration Suite), BPML, GXS AI, XML, SAP XI, Perl, Java, Clearcase, EDISIM, Oracle, TOAD, QPasa, MQExplorer, Solaris, Linux, Shell scripting (Korn shell), HP ServiceDesk (ITIL flow).
Senior EDI Consultant
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Involved in Business Analysis for Inbound and Outbound Transactions.
- Provide day-to-day EDI translator support.
- Full development life cycle support included: analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of EDI transactions.
- Review partner MIG’s and translate them into mapping specifications.
- Serve as primary point of contact to bring new trading partner onboard.
- Perform gap analysis between partner specs and internal system requirements.
- Experience with healthcare revenue cycle operational processes
- Created new maps & layouts for the HIPAA EDI transactions 837 (I and P), 835, 270, 271 transactions.
- Analyze and identify gaps/issues in claims, encounters and remittance advice process flow.
- Monitor revenue cycle processes.
- Work closely with billing and accounts receivable departments.
- Use claim/encounter form generator to generate EDI transactions from paper based claims.
- Convert X12 data to XML (using DI) and verify the data by performing schema validations.
- Monitor the queues using MQ Explorer to verify the flat files are being correctly to the application.
- Verify that the application can process the flat files (transactions) by submitting the jobs using TSOB on Mainframe.
- Monitor FTP log files for GIS and Sterling Value Added Network (VANs).
- Set up Trading Partner relationship in the Production, Testing, and Development environments.
- Setup Kerberized FTP session with external vendors.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
Environment: GIS, Java, XML, HL7, BPML, Windows NT, AIX, DB2, IBM Mainframe, TSO, HIPAA Validator, Claredi tools
EDI QA Consultant
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Created test cases for the various HIPAA EDI transactions.
- Developed mapping specifications to convert non-compliant data formats to ANSI HIPAA compliant formats.
- Tested EDI files for valid segments and segment orders, element attributes, testing for the numeric values in the numeric data elements, validation of the X12 syntax, and compliance with the X12 rules.
- Testing of the EDI transactions for balanced field totals, record or segment counts, financial balancing of claims or remittance advice, and balancing of summary fields.
- Tested valid implementation-guide-specific code set values.
- Wrote User Acceptance test cases and performed UAT to validate the business scenarios.
- Performed EDI transaction testing using Claredi test tool for the inbound and outbound HIPPA transactions.
- Extensively tested the HIPAA Administrative Simplification X12 standards and Implementation Guides.
- Tested the various code sets used in HIPAA standards.
- Tested the implementation of 837 Institutional and Professional HIPAA standard transactions with Mercator System.
- Worked closely with Product Instructors, Software Developers, Customer Care staff, Implementation Consultants, Document Designers, and other subject matter experts to obtain a thorough understanding of MedForms
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge of Confidential product suite as well as industry knowledge of E-Commerce and E-Business.
- Maintain and manage electronic filing system.
- Used Foresight and Ultra Edit testing tools for Transaction generation and verification.
Environment: C++, Java, Tandem, VB, Pascal, NT, UNIX, Oracle, EDI, HIPAA Standards.