- 8+ Years of experience in the IT Industry with strong emphasis on developing Reporting solutions, Business Intelligence tools, Network administration, Quality Assurance, and Troubleshooting in a variety of challenging environments and multiple domains.
- 6 Years of BI experience in all the latest BI Tools focusing on Tableau and Qlikview Dashboards in latest Design, Presentation and solving client's reporting needs.
- Experience in IT and Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and implementation of Data warehouse and Business Objects/Crystal Reports Reporting,Cognos 10.x and Tableau 8.x Applications.
- Exposure to Business Objects XI Enterprise suite using Desktop Intelligence, CMC, Designer, Web Intelligence reporting and SAP Lumira.
- Expertise in working with all the modules of Business Objects like Supervisor, Designer, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Info view, Broadcast Agent, EPM, Import Wizard, Report Conversion, Migration from 6.5.1 to BOXI R2/R3, Crystal Xcelsius/Xcelsius 2008, Live Office. CMC and Crystal Reports XI .
- Substantial experience in Business Objects Migration (5.1, 6.5 to
- Experience in complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Project Management, Change/Incident Management, Maintenance, upgrade, Fix pack/Service pack installations, and Root cause analysis, Resolution Methods Time/ Cost/Budget Management.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards. Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data. Act as a Point of Contact in Data Interoperability, Analytics and BI and Production Support issue resolution.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, Involved in Debugging and monitoring, and troubleshooting issues/tickets. Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non - geographic data.
- Transformed Tableau into a managed service offering for consumption across Corporate Treasury and Corporate Investments.
- Experience in Developing Performance Dashboards with relational and multi-dimensional databases including SQL, MS Access, and SAP BW, Score cards, Metrics, What if analysis, Prompts, Drills, Search (using Add-ons),Reports/Dashboards for all the functional areas including Finance, Order Management, Pricing, Purchasing, Demand Planning, Discrete Manufacturing, Quality, Inventory Warehouse Management, Supply Chain, Variable Objects with formulas.
- Implemented Data Blending, importing data from multiple data sources (File based/Server based) to tableau desktop and blending them together to produce meaningful records/Views for the customer.
- Involved in migration projects from Tableau 7 to Tableau 8.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Knowledgeable on Developing hive scripts and connecting them to oozie for automation.
- Experience providing Tableau desktop training for clients and end users.
- Experience in Database design and development of applications using SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MDX queries, OLAP Cubes and Dimensional Modeling.
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
Business Intelligence tool: QlikView 11/10,Tableau 8.2/8.1/8.0/7.0, WebFOCUS 7.7.3/7.6.4
Database Tools: BI/DW Databases - Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Sybase, MySQL, Toad, MS AccessMS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2013
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, HTML, XML, C, PERL
Data modeling tools: MS Visio 2003/2007, Erwin data modeler
Servers: Windows 2000/2003/2008
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX, SUN SOLARIS, LINUX.
Methodologies: Use Case, diagrams, data modeling, Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum.
Other Programming Languages: J2SE, C/C++, Matlab, Verilog
Document Methodologies: BR100, BP80, MD.070, MD.120, TE.020, CV.040
Other: Microsoft Visual Source Safe, TFS, SQL*Developer, SQL*LoaderBI Publisher, Autosys, TOAD for OracleTOAD for SQL Server, SQL*PLUSForms & Reports 11g/10g/9i/6i, Oracle Discoverer10g, XML PublisherWorkflow Builder, ADI & EDI Gateway.
BI Web Development: Dash boarding
Analytical Skills: Systems Analysis and design, Quantitative Analytical skills
ETL: Informatica, Data Migrator, SSIS, ODI
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Effectively interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Worked in creating Tableau Dashboards for the Net Investment and Interest to analyze the investment return. Created CMB-CTI dashboards using Xcelsius .Extensively used QAAWS and Live Office to get the live data
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Converted metric insight reports to tableau reports.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop.
- See a comprehensive view of your sales pipeline and results.
- Access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Involved in installation of Tableau desktop 7.0, Tableau server Application software
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau 8.1. Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards.
- Involved in creating ad hoc analysis and reporting requests in a timely manner for BML Risk related to fraud Approval's, Declines daily, monthly and yearly
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps,
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's
- Created organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries highly recommended
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.2/8.1/8.0, Tableau server / Administrator, SQL Developer, SQL 2008
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Gathered Business Requirements, Interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Worked with DBAs to design and implement Conceptual data model, Physical Data Model, SSIS mappings and workflows to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for creating ETL mapping documents to define data flow from source system to target database.
- Worked with Source system Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped.
- Worked on the backend SSAS cube development which was the source data for the tableau.
- Identified Facts, Dimensions, Levels / Hierarchies of Dimensional Modeling.
- Deployment of tableau by laying the architecture and using suitable deployment model and creating security levels for users, looking after the system administration, ensuring the best practices for optimal use of the system.
- Drew upon full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Prepared dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Created sheet selector to accommodate multiple chart types like Panel charts, Bullet charts and Stack bars etc. In a single dashboard by using parameters.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Extensively used calculated fields for different logics for Trend, Extended price calculations for the different cost types.
- Found efficient ways to make tables and graphs which were visually easy to understand and at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content.
- Used Sql Queries at the custom Sql level to pull the data in tableau desktop and validated the results in Tableau by running Sql queries in Sql developer and Google Big-Query.
- Attended daily standup meetings to update scrum master with what is achieved, what is being done and is there any impediment.
- Conducted user acceptance testing and mentored business users how to slice and dice data using filters and parameters.
- Created and maintained issue log where business users enter their feedback by working on dashboard in test environment. Implemented the feedback and incorporated the necessary changes.
- Published the developed dashboards into production and ensured the data was up to date by scheduling extract refreshes, performed performance tuning of the dashboard and created tableau functional design document.
- Participated in the retrospective meetings and next sprint planning meetings.
Environment: Tableau desktop 8.1/8.2, tableau server 8.1/8.2, OBIEE 11g, Microsoft SQl Server, Google Big-Query, SSIS,SSAS, Salesforce, Talend.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Analyzed requirements and gathered data for designing QlikView applications.
- Dealt with many data sources such as QVD files, Excel & Oracle in developing the QlikView Data Models.
- Proposed and created new business analysis for data, which has no prior reports.
- Have an experience in creation of QVD's for the QlikView applications following two-tier architecture.
- Wrote, Edited and Debugged ETL Scripts for data cleansing, resolving synthetic keys & circular loops.
- Monitoring of the QVS, QVW's and user accounts for the usage of the applications.
- Created User-friendly Interactive Sheets & Reports as per the business needs and requirements.
- Designed and developed different types of charts Bar charts, Straight Tables, Pivot Tables, Pie charts and Radar chart etc.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Installed and upgraded of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Used different functions such as Calculated Condition, Show and Hide, Set-Analysis etc.
- Created different types of sheet objects like List boxes, Buttons, Multibox etc.
- Have a sound knowledge of various functions of QlikView technology.
- Installed IE plugins and trained the end users to use the reports effectively, to build and customize their ad-hoc reports.
- Assisted the end users if there were any problems very effectively and efficiently.
Environment:: Tableau 8.1/8.0, Tableau Server, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, QlikView 10, Oracle 10g, MS Excel, CSV Files, Windows XP.
Confidential, Long Island, NY
TABLEAU Report Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering/analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects
- Analysis the metric dashboard reports and identified the formulas and functionality of the dashboard reports and digitizing the metric dashboards to Tableau application.
- Published the dashboard reports to Tableau Server for navigating the developed dashboards in web.
- Scheduled the published dashboards from Tableau Server on weekly basis.
- Sending the dashboards to users by emails with the help of admin team with subscriptions.
- Performance tuning of Reports by creating Linked Universes, Joins, Contexts, Aliases for resolving loops and checked the integrity of the universes using Business Objects Designer module during development.
- Given training/demos to users on Tableau Desktop for development.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Created Data Connections, published on Tableau Server for usage with Operational/Monitoring Dashboards.
- Administered user groups and scheduled instances for reports in tableau.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Resolved various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects.
Environment:: Tableau Server 6, Tableau Desktop 6, MYSQL Server, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, Excel, UNIX, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g, Toad, MS Office, Visual Studio 2010
- Collecting and analyzing the user requirements and preparing the user requirements documents.
- Involved in the creation of database schema, roles, table spaces, rollback segments.
- Extensively created packages, database triggers, stored procedure and other code modules using PL/SQL in support of business requirements.
- Engrossed in setting the integrity constraints.
- Involved in the migration of data from different source to Oracle using SQL Loader and from Oracle to Oracle using PL/SQL.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts to run database jobs on server side and scripts for automating daily load processes.
- Developed user screens, reports and menu using Forms 6i, Reports 6i.
- Monitored database using Oracle Enterprise Manager and TOAD (Table spaces, Data files, Jobs, Users, Sessions and Processes).
- Created Complex Dynamic / Static / parameterized reports and Charts using Report 6i.
- Check statements and alert statements were also designed using triggers, procedures and functions.
- Involved in tuning SQL code and loading process tuning.
- Involved in user acceptance testing of the application.
- Used Sybase and SQL navigator extensively.
Environment:: Oracle 6i, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Server, SQL Navigator, SQL*Plus, Windows, Forms 6i, Reports 6i, HTML, Sybase.
- Worked as research analyst in equity research projects for a leading U.S. based brokerage firm. Worked on various stocks in the U.S. market in sectors such as retail, telecom, food and beverages, automotive, IT, industrials, materials and energy by building end to end financial and business models.
- Developed an advanced stock screening tool using statistical tools to rank stocks across various sectors listed in both NYSE and NASDAQ.
- Developed a model for a startup asset management firm to determine the optimum asset allocation to maximize return for a given risk profile in the current phase of the business cycle. The asset allocation was based on the evaluation of historical risk-return profiles of U.S. fixed income and equity assets during various phases of the business cycle.
- Built advanced automated models to perform cross elasticity analysis w.r.t competitors to provide pricing recommendations at a SKU and customer level for a candy manufacturing company. In addition, built various other flexible models in order to determine the margin growth opportunities across business lines.
- Built an integrated demand forecasting and S&OP processes model for a U.S. yogurt manufacturing company. The model helped sales and operations team to effectively make S&OP decisions.
- Built an inventory model for a pet food manufacturing company to analyze the current inventory position and to estimate safety stock for the forecasted period.
- Determined the expected likely capacity constraints of a company by building a capacity model using expected demand forecasts at various manufacturing processes of a pet food manufacturing company.
Environment:: R programming Language, Mathematica, C programming language, SPSS, Microsoft Office.