- Over 8+ years of experience in Information Technology in system analysis, design, development, Data Warehouse, implementation and maintenance of client server applications, providing Business Intelligence and OLAP solutions to Financial, Telecom and Retail Sectors.
- Extensive Experience in Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server in various versions of Tableau 7.0, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2,9.3, as a Developer and Administrator.
- Deep experience with design and development of complex Tableau visualization solutions.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Created business driven dashboards using different chart types like Crosstab’s, Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Gantt charts, Bubble charts, Scatter Plots, Trend lines, Bullets, Bullet Graphs, Highlight tables and Histograms in Tableau Desktop.
- Proficient in design and development of various Dashboards, Reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie - charts, Geographic’s and other making use of actions, local and global filters according to the end user requirements.
- Over 3+ years of Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment and experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Tableau Server in a multi-server and multi-tier environment.
- Good Knowledge in relational/multidimensional databases and data modeling for OLAP/ROLAP.
- Good experience in Migration of Reports and Packages.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Proficient in Tableau data visualization tool to analyze and obtain insights into large datasets, create visually compelling and actionable interactive reports and dashboards.
- Deployed tableau server in clustered environment by adding worker machines.
- In-depth knowledge on SQL queries and working with Oracle 11G/8i, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MySQL.
- Excellent understanding of Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) on concepts like Star-schema, Snowflake schema using fact and dimension tables and relational databases (Oracle), MS Access and client/server applications.
- Extensive technical knowledge and work experience in SQL & PL/SQL with Oracle.
- Very Good Understanding and Experienced in Informatica Powercenter 8.6.1 and above .
- Good interaction with clients, understanding Business Applications, Business Data Flow and Data Relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable verbal and written communications to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Strong commitment to organizational work ethics, value based decision-making and managerial skills.
BI Tools: Tableau Desktop, Informatica Powercenter, Crystal Reports, MS Excel 2007Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS SQL server, MS Access, MS Excel, MySQL.
Database Tools: TOAD, PL/SQL Developer.
Data Modeling: Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, HTML, SAS.
OS: Windows 2000, Server 2003, 2012, VISTA, Windows NT 4.0, Unix.
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office.
- Oversee the performance of design to develop technical solutions from Analysis documents.
- Created relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both Tableau and Excel.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like, text tables, bar, pie, tree maps, heat maps, line charts, pivot tables, combination charts in excel and Tableau.
- Involved in creating views, stored procedures, and custom SQL queries to import data from SQL server to Tableau.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Created Data Connections, Published on Tableau Server for usage with Operational or Monitoring Dashboards.
- Tableau Logs - Reviewing the Server logs for any errors or security issues that are unexpected.
- Performance Logs - Reviewing the performance metrics to determine if the baseline exceeded or for the slow points during the day that need to be reviewed.
- Tested reports and uploaded Tableau dashboards on to server and provided production support for Tableau users.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Worked on Performance tuning of report with huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance of report.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand, needed information.
- Oracle Backups - Checking/Verifying all the backups to validate that they were successfully created.
Environment: : Tableau Desktop 8.2 & 9.3, Tableau Server, Oracle SQL Server R2, MS Excel, T-SQL.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of client requirements.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Designed and implemented proof of concept solutions and created advanced BI visualizations using Tableau platform.
- Responsible for upgrading the Tableau 7.0 to Tableau 8.2.
- Installing and configuring of tableau worker servers.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that was published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Worked closely with business power users to create reports/complex dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, and hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Projected and forecasted future growth in terms of number of customers indeveloping Area Maps to show details on which states were connected the most.
- Tableau server maintenance, Tableau server backup activity.
- Created users using Tableau Admin and assigning privileges to create report/publishing reports to server.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Enabled the data security filters for the users/groups in an AD.
- Tuned the reports performance using Cache options / Timely refreshes of data.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Responsible for creating /delivering monthly reports to business users.
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Analyzed the source systems and created Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Responsible for creating reports using Tableau desktop and publishing reports to Tableau server
- Configured different data sources using Tableau Desktop.
- Created best visualizations reports as per the business requirements using Tableau desktop professional edition.
- Created different views in workbook to visually analyze data.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Created External filter, internal filter and Context filter to improve performance.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Used dimension on Page shelf for a detailed analysis of the view by members of the dimension.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Enabled tableau Actions to drill down from Dashboard to worksheet.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Extensive experience on creating trend reports including forecast and trend lines.
- Prepared BI Interactive Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Develop, organize, manage and maintain graph, table, slide and document templates that will allow for efficient creation of reports.
- Responsible for authorizing the users based on their privileges.
- Involved in migration activities related to Tableau across the environments.
- Designed filters, power prompts, and complex financial calculations for various analytical reports.
- Expertise in connecting to Oracle and SQL databases and troubleshooting.
Environment: Tableau 7/8.0, Tableau 7 Desktop, Tableau server, Oracle 11i, Informatica 8.x, SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Windows 2003/ XP, UNIX.