- Dedicated, self - motivated IT professional with more than 20 years’ experience in the information technology field
- Able to utilize technical skills and problem-solving abilities to assess end-user needs, develop solutions and track progress.
- Experience in administrative support, documentation management and resolution of complex issues; demonstrate professionalism, attention to detail and collaborative nature.
- Strong communicator exhibited by skill in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems; ability to convey technical concept to nontechnical audiences.
O/S: Windows 2008 R2/2012, Windows 7/8/10, Linux
Software: Office 2010/2013 Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point, Visio), VMware, Acronis, Symantec, SolarWinds (NPM, NTA, NCM, FSM, IPAM, SAM, LEM, WHD), Cisco CLI, ASDM, Service Now, SAP (Operator), Nagios
Networking: TCP/IP, IPv4, VLSM, VLAN, Trunking, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, NAT, PAT, ACLs, SNMP (v1-3), TFTP, Windows AD, DFS
Equipment: Cisco Router (2500, 2600), Cisco Switch (2900 Catalyst XL, SG Series), Cisco ASA (5505, 5512), Cisco Wireless Controller 2504, SonicWALL TZ-210
- Audit existing SolarWinds implementation and suggest areas for improvement in addition to training and directing client personal in the configuration, management, and use of NPM, NTA, SAM, and WPM.
- Design Custom Properties solution to allow for more granular monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Design Groups and Dependencies to streamline monitoring and alerting.
- Configure standard SAM based monitoring in support of clients Linux based e-Commerce system.
- Develop custom SAM templates using PowerShell and SQL queries to implement monitoring of non-standard systems. Including 3rd party databases, internal and COTS based applications, and Windows based operating systems.
- Configure NTA Application and Service Ports, IP Address Groups, and refine deployment of NETFLOW collectors to provide a more granular view of NETFLOW traffic across network infrastructure. In addition to creating circuit level NETFLOW monitoring of all L2 Site-to-Site VPN connections.
- Design and develop APE (Additional Polling Engine) monitoring solutions to anticipate client scalability needs.
- Organize, standardize, and coordinate the design of custom desktop and NOC based views encompassing multiple e-Commerce sites.
- Develop and plan proof of concept for the correlation of data between external EAL (Enterprise Application Log) and multiple On-Call databases. The solutions entailed replication of external database tables into a customized version of the Orion/NetPerfMon database. Client requirements included the need to reduce the complexity and increase the efficiency of their current requisite notification process.
- Review, update, and create network monitoring policies and procedural documentation.
- Manage SolarWinds NPM, WPM and IPMon monitoring services and nodes.
- Design SQL/MS Access DB analysis system to analyze and rectify discrepancies between Altiris, CMDB, HPNA, and SolarWinds databases records and production systems.
- Design and automate custom reports for distribution.
- Review existing network infrastructure documentation and topologies across twenty-nine sites.
- Audit current security posture of routers, switches, and firewalls between Enterprise, DMZ, and Manufacturing zones according to ISA/IEC 62443 standards across all sites.
- Define recommendations for improvements regarding additional equipment and configuration changes to ensure Federal standards and regulations are met.
- Configure and implement required changes across production networks while minimizing service interruption.
Field Systems Engineer
- Perform installation, configuration, customization and training for SolarWinds products on-site and remotely with clients globally.
- Primary areas of expertise included implementation of NPM, NTA, NCM, FSM, and IPAM to manage and monitor network infrastructure; including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Design custom pollers via MIB OID’s to monitor specific Router, Switch, and Firewall functions.
- Secondary areas of expertise included implementation of SAM, LEM, and Virtual Manager to manage and monitor system servers and applications; including Windows Servers (AD), Linux Servers, SQL Servers, Exchange Servers, and IIS Servers.
- Design application and system monitors for uncommon 3rd party application software and non-standard configurations using SAM.
- Design custom alerts to streamline alerting process, reduce redundant alerts, and augment out of the box alerting configurations.
- Assist clients in network audits, data analysis, and assessments to determine overall areas for improvement, and assist in selecting SolarWinds modules best suited to handling client needs.
IT Director/Systems Engineer
- Designed and implemented data center based on Windows 2008 R2 cluster server environment to ensure minimal to no down-time in the event of hardware failure.
- Devised AD User and Computer structure to compliment corporate GPO management and security requirements.
- Planed and implemented standardized multi-VLAN IP scheme to ensure segregation of secure compartmental information and core network functionality from general user network traffic for existing and future sites.
- Implemented edge based security using Cisco ASA 5512, including but not limited to, Extended ACL management, VPN tunneling to 3rd party vendors, and PAT to allow necessary MS Remote Desktop Connections. In addition to troubleshooting end-to-end connectivity issues of the above technologies.
- Created standardized plan to minimize troubleshooting requirements in execution of the migration of existing remote single-site domains to the newly implemented data center network to facilitate central management of existing sites over a metro-fiber network. This included the transition from SonicWALL TZ-210s to ASA-5512s for existing sites to cover routing and security. Based on the OSPF routing protocol for multi-vendor interoperability. In addition to the migration from non-managed switches to managed Cisco SG series switches to allow VLAN implementation.
- Configured multi-VLAN WLAN using Cisco WLC-2504s and Cisco APs to ensure comprehensive coverage of all medical facilities and to facilitate the segregation of core network and patient management functions from public based wireless traffic.
- Designed and configured SolarWinds based NOC management and help desk ticketing system to facilitate monitoring and management of mission critical infrastructure components. Including, but not limited to, NetFlow monitoring, SNMP trap logging, IP address management, firewall security management, and the support of user concerns, expectations, and needs in a timely manner.
- Accountable for all governmental regulatory requirements and internal audits pursuant to industry compliance; including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH and PCI.
- Coordinated and/or managed all departmental equipment purchases, consultations, and service provider contract negotiations.
- Researched, evaluated, and implemented all 3rd party vendor hardware and software in support of operational needs.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluation, and management of IT Department.
Network Operations Center Technician
- Responsible for proactive monitoring of remote networks and Tier I problem resolution of more than one-thousand networks nation-wide.