- Programming professional with over 15 years’ experience in every aspect of software including development life cycle, testing and maintenance, quality management and Java/C++ programming languages.
- Career achievements include developing and implementing a Rate Capping Initiative for Confidential monitoring rates to adhere to a tight 15% range as mandated by the state.
- Modified and implemented an Electronic Medical Record software system, driving millions of dollar savings over the previous system.
- Academic background with an emphasis on Project Management and Application Development.
- Java Hibernate Framework Multithreading JDBC
- REST Java Server Faces SOAP JSON
- JQuery Microsoft Visual Studio NetBeans Eclipse
- C++ Code:Blocks Dev - C++ HTTP
- Cobol/Cobol II CICS JCL Fortran
- Assembler UNIX Cerner Millennium Suite
- ADS Plus DCL CSP
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
- Produced 20 clinical documentation notes in PowerNotes that would be used by 30 Neurology Physicians allowing for a quicker response to critical patient initiatives.
- Developed 30 clinical documents that nursing implemented to document I/O for clinic patients, reducing wait time and increasing efficiencies by a significant percentage which saved thousands of dollars a quarter.
- Fashioned documents that increased physician’s time with patients by 20%, allowing for more one on one patient care to take place.
- Established synergies with clinical staff by analyzing requirements to streamline processes within the clinical documentation, which resulted in a reduction of 20% in time spent documenting.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Designed and built user interface used by over 500 physicians and clinicians utilizing PowerChart resulting in millions of dollar savings annually over the previous system.
- Trained over 200 physicians on functionalities of the new software system, eliminating the need for outside training and reducing the implementation to weeks versus months.
- Created more than 50 clinical documents used by the clinician’s and 10 illness specific PowerNotes that were utilized by the Oncology Physicians, which increased the staff’s ability to respond to the patient’s care more quickly and reduce waste in the process.
- Spear-headed project management tasks for a 5-member team responsible for the support of the hospital physicians that drove constant cost reductions through the use of PMP and CAPM principles.
Application System Developer
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Designed, built and implemented the Computerized Physician Order Entry process used by physicians and outpatients used while developing training material to support staff which resulted in savings annually.
- Provided continuity to physicians and clinic staff after go-live by resolving issues and supporting new features through immediate training and feedback.
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Designed and coded a rate-capping initiative utilizing CSP/Cobol programming with a laser focus on rates remaining within specified tolerances creating new savings in the millions that were previously untapped.
- Drove maintenance processing through research, design, coding and implementation of changes to the production environment, which kept MBT high and down time to a minimum.
- Led all programmers as “subject matter expert” for the Confidential team.
Confidential, Lombard, IL
- Analyzed and identified training opportunities on mainframe tools like “File-aid, Abend-aid, and Xpeditor” that were driving issue resolution inefficiencies and developed and held training classes to address the team’s deficiencies resulting in a double-digit percentage increase in productivity to the team.
- Defined PM processes and participated in defining internal business operations and skill requirements for quality assurance and skill inventory utilizing PMP and CAMP principles to ensure employees success.
- Managed four teams in completing three large Y2K projects to ensure all functionality was accurate, and ensuring no service disruption during the cutover event.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Performed as the “Subject Matter Expert” on claims processing and resolution for the National Claims Department making sure processing times and completion of claims remained above the standard 99%.
- Designed and coded utilizing CICS programming an application to handle claim payments for the finance department, by removing ambiguity which resulted in 10% increase in efficiency for the department.
- Led new employee orientation after being voted by peers as “Most Personable” and most knowledgeable in the training of claim processing the tools used to maintain the system.
- Facilitated claim processing for six states and delegated work to the team ensuring all coding was processed accurately.
Confidential, Park Ridge, IL
- Designed and coded an application utilizing CICS programming to handle managed care contracts.
- Acted as the primary contact person for the pharmacy department to ensure all programming updates, functionalities and maintenance were processed in a timely manner.
- Designed an Online PCS ADSPlus application to be used by nursing which housed the institutions guidelines and protocols.
- Conducted maintenance processing through research, design, coding and implementation of changes to the production environment.