- Over 15+ as lead product owner/sr. business analyst, managing and supporting programs and projects for various Federal Financial and Market Regulators and Financial Banking Systems, Healthcare and Startups.
- Strong expertise and knowledge in web and mobile (IOS and Andriod) technologies and frameworks, APIs
- Bridged the gaps between business needs, user needs, and technology from conceptualization to implementation by utilizing design and prototyping/wire framing/UX tools
- Strong eye for visual design sense, which helps me to step out of the box and push boundaries
- Self - starter, great learning curve, highly motivated with necessary analytical and organizational skills and with strong ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines while being highly attentive to details.
- Strong in analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making the critical decision.
- Utilized various methodologies such as Agile-Scrum, RUP, CMMI
- Highly recognized for Product Owner, Business Analysis, Business process re-engineering, Business Analytics (statistical forecast/trend analysis and various economic modeling of structured/big data), Business intelligence (data mapping/data transformation) that include but not limited to
- Collaborated with stakeholders/SME, gathered requirements, performed impact & gap analysis
- Provided PMO support such as project coordination, managing resources, Ad-hoc reports to management
- Performed JAD session, documented business requirements, functional specifications, use cases/user stories, UML
- Hands on in technical skills that include but not limited to
- Extensively used SQL and other BI tools to extract/ map/transform data, ad-hoc reports
- Constructed various business messages (XMLs) and tested through defined APIs
- Defect/Requirements tools like Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Confluence
- Extensively used design and prototyping tools like Canva, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, InVision
Product Management: MS Project, Agile Methology, JIRA, Confluence
Java Technologies: JAVA/J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JMS, WebServices, Swing, RMI, EJB, SOAP
Operating Systems: Windows95/98/2000/XP, Windows NT, Confidential AIX, UNIX
Databases: DB2 v8, Oracle 10g, SQL Server, Postgress, MySQL
Application Servers: Confidential WebSphere V5.0, WebSphere Integration Process Server, Critix, Oracle Portal
Change Management Tools: Clear Case, Serena Changeman, Starteam, Sharepoint
Healthcare Applications: Epic - Cadence, Resolute, Prelude, Jpoint Cash Management (Salepoint)
Testing Tools: Mercury Suite - WinRunner, Loadrunner, Quality Center, Test Director Confidential ’s Rational Suite - Robot, Rational Test Manager & Clear Quest
Other: Quick Test Pro, AccVerify, JAWS, ZoomText, SilkPerformer, JIRA
COTS/GOTS/Other: MS Visio 2000, MS Project, Business Objects XI, Toad, Active Directory, Kerberos, PEGA Systems, PRISM, Momentum Financials, SAP 4.6, Edgar
Product Director (Product Owner/Advisor)
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Involved in all aspects of product life cycle from requirements to UX/wire-framing/prototyping that also includes collaborating with developments team
- Collaborated/Communicated with all stakeholders, various business units & executive management on go-to-market/product launch
- Researched various 3rd party APIs such as payments (Apple Pay, Paypal etc) and other 3rd party SaaS product integration and documented integration requirements
- Developed analytics to understand user’s behaviors and suggested changes to business flow as need
- Owned and prioritized new scopes, features, and updated existing roadmaps using agile methodology
- Created functional level user stories, user flows
- Worked closely with designers to create simple and meaningful experiences (UI specs, mock-ups, prototypes, templates)
- Conducted usability studies, user research and user testing and transformed valuable insights to product features based to enhance user satisfaction
- Created structure and strategy for customer relationship management, app push notification, user on-boarding and engagement, presented demos as required
- Partnered and mutli-tasked with marketing team to manage / maintain social and web content for social media and SEO
Environment: /Tools: Native IOS/Android, MySQL, RESTful APIs, Angular 3.0, Ionic HTML5 Framework, Google analytics
Lead Product Owner / Business Analyst
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Lead role for one of the most complex product, supporting member regulation group comprising of 13 products teams
- Responsible for design and requirements of product and overseeing the delivery from inception to deployment, utilizing the agile methodology
- Owned and maintained product roadmap, product backlog of requirements in collaboration with multiple product owners
- Responsible for prioritizing products features based on levels of efforts estimates and end-user needs and assisting in formulating plans for product releases
- Led grooming sessions, sprint planning, backlog review, release planning on by bi-weekly basis.
- Acted as liaison between non-technical stakeholders/senior management and the development teams
- Collaborated with architects, developers, and users to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs from usability to performance needs
- Collaborated with various technical different teams, created sample xml messages and tested across products through various APIs.
- Proactively attended AWS product training and fully involved in AWS migration efforts
- Involved in all aspects of the SDLC as changes and enhancements to the system are implemented
- Conducted/Assisted standups to review progress and evaluate project scope and status
- Recommended improvements to produce more effective solutions
- Conducted high-level usability test with users
- Utilized various tools like InVision to Sketch and created prototypes, wireframes models for users to visualize the end product.
Environment: /Tools: Oracle Portal, Oracle 11g, Postgress, SSO/IDM LDAP, SOAP UI, Java/J2EE technologies, API Documentum, JIRA, Confluence, AWS
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Directed the enhancements of various financial products that generated multi-million dollar revenue by collaborating with cross-functional teams, various stakeholders, external customers, brokers
- Assisted project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track
- Used JIRA for issue tracking and for authoring and maintaining user stories and epics
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings and take the initiative to prepare for and organize other necessary meetings and agile ceremonies such as Sprint Planning
- Advised product owners, scrum masters and teams to improve their ability to create good product backlogs
- Actively assisted in the acceptance and validation of the user stories by testing the delivered user stories
- Gathered requirements and performed data analysis/data mapping and data transformation of paper-based application forms to electronic forms
- Performed detailed integration analysis to identify core data elements of the member profile, preferences, data touch points of Master Data Management (MDM) integration with Exim Online, and 5 other system.
- Performed GAP analysis of required data in source vs target systems. Generated matrix of Source Data Requirements, and Source to Target Mapping document to integrate Master Data Management.
- Created various statistical/trend reports of bank’s customer profiles, exports and shipments
- Validated various data transformation scenarios using SOAP UI tool
- Prioritized mission critical requirements and created detailed requirement documentation that included data transformation rules, business rules, wireframes, and comprehensive user stories.
- Analyzed the risk of COTS integration with Oracle SOA based web services and middleware
- Applied engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents
- Developed various ad-hoc reports using a relational database
- Validated SSO/IDM implemented across various systems.
- Created / Updated various UAT test cases, test plans, meeting agendas, meeting outputs
Environment: /Tools: Oracle Portal, Oracle 11g, SSO/IDM LDAP, SOAP UI, Tivoli, Java/J2EE technologies, Hyperion, Tableau, Documentum, HP ALM, JIRA
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Performed independent assessments on project plans, systems design, test artifacts and other products of a full SDLC enterprise-wide set of systems using IEEE Standards, NIST and other industry best practices.
- Analyzed the risk of COTS integration with Oracle fusion and websphere middlewares.
- Performed data analysis and data mapping of procurement system (PRISM) to the financial system (Momentum Financials).
- Strongly recommended the deficiencies, critical points handshake of an integrated system.
- Created various data sets of quarterly and yearly US GAAP reports using eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) technology, report submissions on Confidential ’s Edgar tool to ensure the transformation of data is based on newly defined business rules
- Responsible for conveying business requirements, functional specifications and draft user acceptance testing (UAT) scenarios utilizing practices with tools such as but not limited to SharePoint, HP Quality Center and ClearQuest.
- Tracked and communicated progress against roadmap across the senior management and cross-functional teams
Environment: /Tools: Oracle 10g, SOAP UI, Java/J2EE technologies, Sharepoint, HP Quality Center
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Assisted project manager participated in JADs and gathered requirements, pointed ideas to clients using mocked idocs
- Identified risk and performed gap analysis and presented reports the team meetings.
- Designed and created test plans/test scripts based on the requirements reported in Requisite Pro.
- Prepared Testing phase project plans to make sure the completion of the testing activity based on the master project plan using the principles of RUP and CMMI methodologies
- Analyzed inbound and outbound xml feeds against the master data plan
- Analyzed rules configured on Confidential process server and Message broker based on business scenarios
- Created security testing matrix plan to test single sign-on features using Kerberos/Active directory technologies
- Actively involved in release management meetings and advised as per testing status.
- Performed data analysis on Bank’s data, created mocked data and performed data transformation testing using DataStage ETL.
- Executed test scripts and reported test results during the weekly team meeting.
- Prepared/presented graphical defects reports and testing activity status to clients
- Tested inbound / outbound feeds by inserting test data xml files through the message broker
- Performed IV&V testing.
- Created BO universes and tested custom Business Objects Web Intelligence XI reports
- Tested data transformation, data stage centers using Confidential ’s WDIS/Ascential ETL tool.
- Automated business functionalities using QTP
- Performed integration testing on value-added networks such as GSX
Environment: /Tools: Oracle Portal, Confidential websphere, Oracle 10g, Quality center, QTP, Silk Performer, Confidential Process server, Message Broker, Kerberos Authentication, Active Directory, AccVerify, JAWS, Java/J2EE technologies, Star Team, Business Objects XI, PEGA, Confidential ’s WDIS - Ascentials, Sharepoint Enterprise
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Prepared project plan determining client and organization needs, rollout requirements, ensuring timely completion of project tasks and deliverables by prioritizing tasks appropriately and communicating issues with project manager
- Drafted 280 + business scenarios to invoke Point of Sale ( cash management application ) integrated with Epic on Critix Server, as well communicating and managing the requirements
- Negotiated with vendors on functional & technical business requirements using GAP analysis during the update process
- Recommended enhancements in vendor’s application improving the performance to load the application on Epic
- Created workflow diagrams using UML modeling
- Created test scripts from business specifications for Cadence, Prelude, Resolute Modules of Epic suite
- Coordinated / upgraded 300 POS at 20 medical facilities in DC Metro Area
- Interacted with the vendor during full life cycle implementation till go-live
- Presented daily the metrics reports of open defects to the senior management and test progress report
- Created a matrix of test members with different insurance coverage benefit combinations to collect copays, charges during check in or check out at different medical centers or providers, inside or outside network
- Created training documentation for production support team and trained them as well
- Developed and managed traceability matrix of business scenarios, testing activities, associated defects
- Completed HIPPA training modules
- Performed data validation of HL7 protocol messages through Interface Broker ( MQ series )
- Tested inbound request (270) and outbound request (271) to test member and client eligibility information
- Tested Point of sale’s global payment server using credit cards, and bank checks
- Created test members, medical appointments with different coverage benefits to collect copays to test 834/837 transactions
- Reconciled Point of sale daily reports of cash registers with Epic’s Workbench reports
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Burlington, VT
- Led a team of 7, implementing a pilot project using RUP methodology
- Pro-actively handled 4 projects simultaneously in a challenging fast-paced environment for 9 full software development lifecycle releases
- Designed functional and technical specifications to meet the business requirements using Rational Requisite Pro
- Understanding & analyzing customer’s ‘As-Is’ Business processes and mapping ‘To-be’ processes during blueprint phases
- Interacted with external vendors to test business messages (EDI) sent and received via electronic exchange gateway system
- Performed risk analysis of the existing system to proposed new enhanced system
- Conducted data mapping of business messages to test/verify business objects
- Prepared technical and business product via presentation, discussions, and product demonstration of e-business applications
- Gathered requirements from users and provided expertise solutions where appropriate
- Authored and established structured testing process using RUP artifacts
- Proactively researched client pain points and provided strategic recommendations, positioning company's EDI and B2B integration
- Performed business analysis and developed correlated, data-driven Web virtual user scripts and Load Runner scenarios
- Defined the performance (load and stress) testing approach. Developed performance requirement templates and established pass/fail criteria
- Assisted in creation of migration strategy and deploying code to production
- Advised management with regard to strategic, technical and business issues
- Attend weekly Business Process team meetings and prepare status reports on application. Conducted cold calling and follow-up
- Managed Order management application integration issues with Demand management, Forecasting, Invoicing
- Developed SAP training materials for order processing, shipping, billing and credit business function for users
- Key player in presenting test results to Confidential ’s internal audit team
- Created and extracted data reports in various formats for billing invoices, shipment, orders etc in SAP
- Setup positive and negative data scenarios
- Tested integration adapters to source and insert data into and out of various applications and databases, including DB2 and SAP R/3
- Tested partner profiles, process codes, Webservices/SOAP XML-based business messages and HTTP connectivity for SAP-B2B EDI system
- Performed real time data load test for web-based applications. Analyzed test results, determined causes of failures, and wrote detailed and executive summary test reports
- Created and executed test cases, verified the actual results against the expected results and documented for UAT
- Created dummy orders, shipment, and invoice reports in a relational database using SQL for positive and negative testing scenarios