- Project Management - Capital Markets - System Architecture - Compliance - Finance
- Multifaceted Technology executive with significant experienced in developing, re-engineering and delivering complex mission critical systems.
- Consistently demonstrates innovative leadership.
- He exhibits exceptional guidance of application development from requirements to road-maps and on to implementation.
- Insightful identification of technology, support strategies and business cases for new businesses and products.
TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS SKILLS:
Project Management: MS Project, Agile, Visio. MS Office Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
Development: SDLC, UML, Rational Software. OS UNIX, Linux, Solaris, Microsoft Server.
Environment: s .Net Framework. Languages SQL, C, C++, C#, Java, VB, Bourne shell, Csh, Ksh, Perl.
Web: WebS phere, Apache Server, Front Page. Defect Tracking Jira
SOA/ Middle-ware: Tibco TIB, Confidential MQ Series. Shareware Lotus Notes, MS SharePoint.
DB: Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Access, DB2, Data Warehouse. Source Control PVCS, SourceSafe, GitHub
Reporting and Business Intelligence: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos, Hyperion.
Compliance: SOX, SAS 70, BASEL I&II, IFRS 9, AML, KYC, BSA, Actimize SAM and UDM.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Upgrade from Actimize SAM 3.0 to 8.5 . Defined mapping rules from source systems to Actimize UDM data store. Updated functional specifications to account for changes from current system. Presentations to compliance management to gain consensus with changes.
- Validated detection logic by from functional specifications to production system. Uncovered several documentation and coding errors. Presented results to IT compliance and AML compliance management.
- Evaluated the accuracy of Mantas surveillance scenarios by modeling alert generation using standalone SQL based on Functional Specification Documents. Documented changes required and identified ways to improve the process.
- Reviewed and upgraded all test cases for ETL between the banks Data Mart and Actimize staging and UDM data mirror. Wrote test scripts new version of data mapping required by updated SWIFT message format .
- Defined mapping rules between FEDWIRE and corresponding Actimize transaction fields. Updated ETL for SAM V8 d ocumentation to include FEDWIRE. Created QA test scripts and managed the test plan.
- Coordinated testing of SWIFT 2015 messaging and data flow between SWIFT wires, SWIFT payments and the bank’s AML data warehouse. Developed tests to exercise new SWIFT tags as well as regression testing .
Confidential, Teaneck, NJ
President, Management Consultant
- Consulted via a large professional services firm on the remediation of KYC, AML/BSA aspects of on-boarding its corporate client files in response to a cease and desist Orders by the Federal Reserve and OCC. Remediation expert assisting analysts and quality assurance reviewers on details of capital markets products, corporate structure, M&A, regulations and compliance issues. delivery manager for program to re-engineer communications with Confidential for security settlement, SWIFT for FX settlement and custom client interfaces to improve confirmation/affirmation processes. Managed teams in NJ, NY, PA and India. wrote comprehensive RFP to implement production portal. RFP used a working prototype of the application, original business requirements and interviews with co-founders.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Global Insurance Company - led migration of employee trading compliance from iTrade to Web Based Confidential system. Led team to cleanse data existing system then load into Confidential . Designed new real-time data store which implemented real-time pre-trade checking, in addition to extracting and loading of employee data for conversion.
- Internet FX Trading Firm - managed business development followed by an in depth review of the technology platform and development environment. Defined future state including greater use of commodity products, such as messaging, adding control and flexibility to their outsourced development model, increases to peak capacity, service reliability and a framework to rapidly respond to changing market conditions, technology advances, such as iPad, and internal management needs, such as business intelligence.
- Major custodian bank - managed business development, writing and evaluation of an RFP for high frequency FX trading front office and back office. Business analyst team expanded client’s RFI questionnaire through interviews with technology sponsors, business sponsors and business users. Technology developed suite of performance tests to certify vendor’s ability to process 1MM trades per day with peaks of 500 trades per second.
Confidential, New York, NY
Premier money manager
- Set strategic direction, defined architecture for implementation of major transformation of firm’s financial accounting and reporting systems. Delivered a financial data warehouse for data management, data tagging, reporting, analytics and as source of data for other finance systems. Designed and implemented strategy for data quality, control and correction with operations department.
- Implemented ADP payroll system resulting in yearly saving of $200k along with increased functionality for payroll department and “paperless” pay stubs for employees through ADP portal.
- Delivered Confidential client billing system. This global roll-out replaced several home grown and Excel based systems with single rule based, thin client application. This fully SOX compliant application reduced time to produce invoices from 3 - 6 weeks to one week.
- Member IT SOX steering committee. Worked with internal auditors and external consultants to define IT standards including password management, software control, and required documentation.
- Implemented new Asset Under Management system replacing several legacy applications clearing way for shutting down firm’s mainframe system. New AUM system institutes data quality management which allows greater flexibility in business intelligence, reporting and analysis.
- Delivered single general ledger system worldwide replacing seven stand-along systems outside US. Daily rather than monthly reporting of overseas financials has been main benefit in addition to yearly cost savings of $100k.
- Managed delivery of WEB based purchase to payment system to reduce cost of purchase orders and associated approvals by using work-flow system to assure that corporate guidelines are followed, budgets adhered to and invoices are processed in a timely fashion ensuring contracted discounts.
Confidential, New York, NY
- For a Confidential, created a conceptual data model for a new security master database. Worked closely with back-office users and IT to create an investment type tree map and associated data dictionary defined all tables and data elements.
- Managed project to update web based user interface for Confidential PaineWebber’s retail equity and fixed income brokers. Novel user interface was embraced by both technology and business sponsors for is integration of pre-trade analytics, trade entry and client support functionality.
- Lead a team at Confidential, a global asset management firm, which unraveled the source of disparate end of day pricing between back office and portfolio managers.
- Developed and delivered new operational procedures that reduced data error rate from 10% to less than 1%. Implemented a reliable data warehouse shared by front and back office equity trading systems.