- Obtain a position with an established company where I can demonstrate my strong leadership abilities while driving results for successful project implementations of quality development for applications based on Business and Technical Requirements.
- I am a professional, loyal employee that enjoys a challenging environment working in a diverse environment.
Experienced Financial and Health Care professional as a Project Manager, Lead Programmer Analyst and Business Systems Analyst for mainframe and distributed applications with proven track record for driving results and demonstrated success
- Team Leadership & Development
- On - Time, On-Budget Delivery
- Problem Analysis & Resolution
- Complex Software Development
- Leverage procedures to target future process
- Documenting existing applications and procedures
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Create, Gather and Collaborate Business Requirements
- Creating documentation for new applications and procedures
- Assembler, C++, CICS, COBOL, DB2, Eztrieve, IMS, JAVA, Confidential, SQL, Stored Procedures, .Net
- MVS, OS/390, UNIX, Windows, OS/2, Oracle, VSAM, IMS/DL1, TSO, RACF, MQ, ClearCase, Endevor, Jobtrac, Changeman, CA-7, Mainframe Batch Scheduling, FTP, NDM, ISPF, FILE AID, IDCAMS, REXX,SDSF,SYNCSORT, Xpediter, Rational Rose, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Adobe, Visio, Websphere Application Systems, Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, ZEKE
MIS Software Application Technical Lead
- Developed new medical management application code from system requirements
- New process includes multiple SQL queries, procs, Confidential, files and program for a new Vendor Process to replace a legacy system FTP Vendor process
- Designed and Coded DB2 imbedded in COBOL program that will replace legacy system code. Eliminated five programs by designing a new flexible program that will allow the application to smoothly add support for new and existing customers with medical management data
- New program accesses a significant number of DB2 tables including Inpatient and Outpatient, Diagnosis, Service Procedure and Provider data
- Provided support for major and minor medical management system application installs
- Provided performance tuning on a large application of more than 50 tables
- Created reorg reports using SQL Queries, to collect the catalog table statistics of the database tables that needed to be reorganized
- Reports are now used on a scheduled basis to identify tables with criteria to alert DBA of tables needing attention Decreased CPU consumption after tables identified in reports were sent to DBA to reorg the database tables resulting in a financial savings
- Analyzed SQL for high performance
- Analyzed business requirements for thoroughness
- Analyzed business needs and organized them from a systems impact
- Created high-level and detailed application design
- Developed and executed unit and integrated test plans
- Adhered to the technical methodology development
- Provided support while working Virtual without any adverse communication issues
- Quickly became a productive team member working with a team of diverse colleagues residing in multiple locations supporting a complex legacy system and a web(Java base) application
- Completed a month of Training in one week Scoring 100% for Secure Coding with a focus on Web Development Security
- Developed Inventory and Sale System for private clients using MS Excel while actively looking for a more stable job.
- Took a time off from the job market to spend some time with her family.
Lead Programmer Analyst
- Provided solutions for complex business requirements, analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing enhanced functionality to online and batch applications, streamlining performance, and increasing revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Led the development of a new application that supported 3,000 international users. Global deliverables included new distributed test and production environments, IMS databases, DB2 tables, programs, webservices and stored procedures.
- Assembled and led cross-functional development team that consistently delivered new, fully functional applications on time and under budget, resulting in millions of dollars of revenue and high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provided technical leadership for migration from Websphere Application Systems version 3.5.6 to version 5.1. (Including the coordination of multiple project teams), delivering stable new environment designed to support thousands of users.
- Moved application from Linux servers to Red Hat servers to support WAS 5.1
- Led the development of a 3 tier credit collection application (Designed security solution, and analyzed programs, interfaces, architecture and backend processes), resulting in a more flexible, easy to use application which significantly reduced training time while increasing productivity and revenue.
- Led and developed a team that successfully tested an application, ensuring disaster recovery stability.
- Identified initiatives that decreased CPU costs by $750K per year.
- Decoupled Mainframe components using Changeman to compile and implement new Confidential, copybooks, DB2, COBOL Online and Batch programs. Decouple project separated shared components and saved time and effort to market with a cost savings of more than 900K per year.
- Partnered with project managers to plan and staff integrated projects ensuring availability of adequate funding and resources for on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Collaborated and negotiated with business partners, business analysts, architects and DBA’s to develop business requirements that drove the delivery of new functionality and consistently exceeded client expectations.
- Established, managed and controlled project scope through a structured scope management process, including forecasting setup and tracking of project financials and time/expense reconciliation.
- Created project documentation as required by the SDLC, including detailed business requirements, use cases, functional specifications, test plans and implementation plans.
- Designed and implemented enhancements that enabled business to apply new marketing campaigns (loans, loan origination, and an increase of line of credits).
- Designed and implemented enhancements that enabled the business users to apply new marketing campaigns for loans, loan origination process and increase of line of credit based on customers financial information.
- Developed strong teams, managed day to day team management, team communication, identifying and leveraging strong skill sets while developing others.
- Ensured timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information. Prepared project status reports and communicated project status and related issues to upper management and business clients.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Designed, Coded, tested, and installed many middle to large projects for Credit and Collections mainframe application.
- Collaborated with project manager, Technical Lead, Business Analyst and business partners to write requirements for new enhancements to the application.
- Wrote business, system design, and technical requirements/functionality Method 1 documents for new and/or existing modules.
- Created business requirements, use cases (Rational Rose), use case scenarios, for a legacy system converting online to .Net and Java.
- Wrote system testing criteria, performed all phases of testing including unit testing, system testing for new and enhanced code. Debugged coding abends, corrected code and retested COBOL software.
- Generated reports, system documentation, end-user training, and implementation plans.
- Wrote and compiled COBOL code adhering to technical requirements for maintenance and enhancements projects for the system.
- Wrote/Modified conversion programs for Data Conversion/Data Cleanup project for new international application. Converted AR system to interface with new Credit and Collections application.
- Provided weekly status reports for the multiple projects supported that week. Provided progress of the projects and next steps to ensure project were delivered on time and within budget.
- Supported/Trained new users for the rollout of new application and provided ongoing support for domestic and international users for new functionality for the application.
- Provided On Call Production Support for Incident Recovery/Resolution
- Coded changes as needed for Maintenance Upgrades and enhancements
- Managed and Tracked Production Issues through resolution
- Implemented and Supported through warranty mainframe changes
- Designed, coded, tested, and installed batch Confidential jobs for international Credit and Collections mainframe application.
- Setup Jobtrac Schedules for Mainframe Batch Stream
- Designed, coded, tested, and installed batch jobs for Credit and Collections dialer data. Aligned with 6 different vendors to support specific software and hardware requirements. Design was reused for international markets.
- Coded and tested banking conversion programs that successfully enabled a smooth, transparent transition.
- Successfully implemented an Early Warning Fraud application for a major Florida bank (Changed batch components to adhere to clients standards. Created and tested new online screens, and designed new program to support vendor package in the clients’ environment) resulting in increased revenue as well as high client satisfaction and retention for new projects.
- Designed, coded and tested program for a “Dead beat Dad” project for the state of Massachusetts.