Senior Product Manager, User Experience Designer, Information Architect, and Business Analyst, with 18 years experience. Performance reviews describe as "tireless", "positive under pressure", and a "key player". Puts technical expertise and sound business sense to the service of great design. Mature, articulate, personable, and relentlessly methodical.
- Client - facing requirements definition and elaboration.
- Business and market analysis and strategic positioning.
- Use-case identification, and functional decomposition.
- Interaction, and interface design.
- Technical diagramming and writing for product specification.
- Presentation, evangelization, and client management.
- Team leadership.
Senior User Experience Designer
- Delivered UX consulting and design deliverables to six product managers. Built story boards, activity flows, walk-throughs, etc., that enabled stakeholders to capture product requirements, and to evaluate proposed designs.
- Conceived unique visualizations of our core renewal sales process, our customer engagement model, our lead-generation performance indicators, and other key aspects of our products and business.
- Conceived a gamified console that enables salespersons to more effectively prioritize their opportunities.
- Developed new user personas, integrating insights from across the product management team, that: help product managers know the unique needs of each type of user of our products, and the work relationships between them that are mediated by our products. let the team speak the same language.
- Mentored team in the utility and techniques of abstract modeling.
Director of Product
- Drove two teams to orchestrate inter-operation of three conflicting Confidential SaaS products, as well as external systems, through paradigm-breaking Confidential technology. (Enterprise Service Bus).
- Defined the Confidential Canonical Data Model (entity relationship diagrams, taxonomy, etc.) to structure data exchange and translation. Created a database of the business objects defined in the model, and mapped the objects to hundreds of product functional requirements which I gathered, specified, and tracked.
- Designed maximally-efficient development path by focusing the teams on objects to be developed, rather than on features, which increased specialization and reduced project switching overhead, rdering development by least-dependent-function first, through root dependency analysis, and clearly defining object interfaces to enable parallel development without risk.
- Wrote the MRD (Market Requirements Doc) for the future-of- Confidential, ESB-enabled digital marketing platform. Defined the problem that our product would solve, and proposed options for market-disrupting business models and pricing strategies.
- Returned to Confidential to technical teams that had been decimated and demoralized following a highly-visible product failure, and re-focused and re-enthused them.
Principal Information Architect
- Developed a crisp, comprehensive articulation of Confidential ’s byzantine business model landscape, and mapped known customer pain-points to previously unrecognized root causes.
- Key participant of cross-departmental effort to define the new Customer Identity Data Model (currently in development) which will enable the delivery of a more coherent, relevant UX to promote deeper engagement, while capturing mission-critical business intelligence.
- Conducted extensive internal interviews, including Product and Program managers, as well as managers of Enterprise Data, Support, Billing, and Fulfillment, and mapped back-office systems and procedures.
- Built story boards, activity flows, and walk-throughs to enable stakeholders to evaluate product design proposals.
- Mentored team in the techniques and utility of abstract modeling.
Product Manager, Senior UX Designer
- Set competitive strategy and roadmap for new enterprise version of a product which had been left for dead for 2 years, and in 6 months turned it into Confidential ’ most sales-lead-generating offering.
- Led a moribund development team, turning it into the best performing dev team in the company, now consistently delivering high-value, high-quality releases on time.
- Led usability lab studies and customer interviews to gain intimate understanding of the needs, processes, goals, and fears of our users.
- Joined with Sales to support key opportunities.
- Engaged customers with top-escalated support issues.
- Led feature definition of Lryis’ top project, bringing together stakeholders, domain experts, and technologists.
- Created UI wireframes, and diagrams of activity flows, entity relationships, info hierarchies, state machines.
- Provided direct assistance to the V.P. of Product on numerous strategic and tactical projects.
- Delivered 5 designs in 4 months, including 2 new product lines under new top-level navigation tabs.
- Designed “My Career”, which introduced “extended network” concept, and drove an immediate up-trend of essential user engagement.
- Designed “Plaxo Pro”, a high-end subscription service that will enable Pro users to locate and communicate with relevant professionals.
- Designed “Company Navigator”, an innovative way for users to discover their “professional reach.”
- Performed detailed competitive and UX analysis of the Plaxo connection model (the “DNA” of a social network). Recommended broad solutions, and specified a complete improved design.
- Created detailed user-experience map of the entire Confidential application.
Senior Interaction Designer
- Led a large, multi-disciplinary creative team in the design and prototyping of a break-through bill-payment service for the one of the world’s biggest banks.
- Managed the day to day product development relationship with Yodlee’s most critical customer.
- Led business analysis and design for an agile, cross-functional team focused on high-value special projects.
- Created suite of tools - templates, style-guide, sitemaps - to increase design discipline and bandwidth.
- Drove business analysis of Yodlee’s end-user engagement challenges, and evangelized resultant strategy.
- Proposed and designed AJAXed interactions for key user tasks that stemmed attrition and increased user engagement by 90%.
- Designed and conducted formal usability studies to validate the effectiveness of new interactions.
- Drove pre-purchase assessment of high-end web analytics services in light of Yodlee’s unique technical and security challenges.
User Experience Manager
- Created the UX team and instituted best-practice design and development processes.
- Drove the analysis to define the Care2 experience, and to differentiate us from competitors.
- Led the definition of demographic targets, and developed an “ecosystem of personas” to guide our designs.
- Designed and delivered first-ever major revision of the home-page - to acclaim from our membership.
- Redesigned Care2’s flagship product, ThePetitionSite.com, dramatically improving usability and viral-ness.
- Led redesign of our “social media” news service, causing a surge in user acceptance and product success.
- Evangelized Care2 UX goals and methods to top social networking CEOs, and to our non-profit clients.
Lead Product Designer
- Led product ideation and functional requirements analysis using ultra-rapid paper prototyping.
- Conducted competitive analysis and identified ideal demographic targets for each competitor.
- Crafted storyboards and wireframes to enable e-commerce via mobile wireless (WAP) handheld devices.
- Led business requirements elaboration, designed specifications, and guided development, QA, and client acceptance of critical modules of a nation-wide online classifieds e-commerce system:
- Customer Service Module
- Content Administration Module (publishing and deployment)
- Financial and User-Activity Reporting Module
- Ecommerce extension to enable entry, calculation, and display of promotional discounts.
- Maintained and developed (single-handed) a constellation of high-value corporate web sites and extranets hosted in multiple technical environments.
- Proposed comprehensive strategy to re-build traffic, provide coherence across multiple sites, facilitate communication with strategic partners, and re-establish credibility with customers.
- Analyzed marketing and web-communications goals and obstacles relating to information architecture, technical infrastructure, organizational dynamics, and resource allocation.
- As lead architect on major project to restructure Confidential ’s online product catalogue, drove consensus between business stakeholders and IT implementation team.
- Defined, explained, and prioritized business requirements for multiple projects for new internal process tools and customer-facing web services.
- Conducted research and stakeholder interviews supporting end-user task analysis.
- Established and documented complex use-cases.
- Successfully evangelized and defended projects through SDLC milestones on the basis of both tangible and intangible ROI.
- Defined methodology and baselines for user acceptance testing, and customer satisfaction.
- Created rapid mockups and high-fidelity comp-specs to define and analyze proposed page layouts and interaction-designs.
Lead Interface Designer and Programmer
- Designed interface, and interactive flow, of a web-delivered training program for agency managers.
- Designed and programmed ActionScript platform to dynamically serve 500 + content assets.
- Designed overall look and feel, and managed integration of all content.
- Constructed animations and art assets.
- Trained and directed subcontractor contributors, including a team of programmers in India.
Lead Information Architect
- Designed research method and criteria to quickly and inexpensively expose technical and user-experience issues with Confidential 's massive (125,000 page) site.
- Conducted first-ever site-wide survey of Confidential .com to garner core data.
- Built database to correlate data from multiple sources, and conducted extensive data analysis.
- Documented findings in spreadsheets, flow diagrams, charts, and a comprehensive conclusory report.