- Having 7 years of experience in developing BI applications using Tableau as reporting tool.
- Experience in Tableau Report and Dashboard development.
- Experience in end - to-end Tableau based implementations dashboards & reports.
- Expertise in creating data visualizations like Bar charts, cross tab, Tree Maps, Line charts, Scatter plot, Mapping Visualization etc with Tableau desktop 8.x and also proposed new visualizations to customer.
- Exposure to Tableau server and was also involved in minor admin activities like publishing, adding users, creation of subscriptions etc.
- Good Knowledge on data base concepts.
- Hands on Experience on Tableau Architecture.
- Good knowledge of Tableau BI application creation.
- Data modeling and advanced Reporting experience.
- Experience in Tableau server installation, configuration and administration.
- Experience in Database technologies such as Oracle and ETL tools like Informatica, MS Excel etc
Specialties: Data Visualization, Business Intelligence (BI), Software Management, Data Collection.
BI Tools: Tableau 6.0/7.0/8.1/8.2/9, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Cognos, Crystal Reports, Qlikview
Relational Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014, Oracle 7/8/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, MS Access.
Tools: and Packages: SQL Server Management studio, Toad, Microsoft Visual Studio
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
Office suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, Star Office, Open Office
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003,2008 Server, Windows 95/98/2000/XP/7/8
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Worked as a Data Visualization Engineer.
- Involved in creating and developing reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop 10.1
- Involved in creating data visualizations like Bar charts, cross tab, Tree Maps, Line charts, Scatter plot, Mapping Visualization etc with Tableau desktop 9.1
- Involved in Data Blending.
- Involved in Admin activities like creating users and groups, publishing workbooks to server and end users, assigning permissions, subscriptions etc.
- Managed reporting of the day-to-day activities based on the scope, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Analyzed large volumes of data and develops medium to complex reports/dashboards, insights for clients. Has an in-depth understanding of the tools used for analysis, reporting and developing business insights. Involved in creating reports and dashboards using various charts with Tableau.
- Created different Maps and charts to improve productivity and sales.
- Involved in Creation of Tableau Mobile Reports Development process.
- Prepared Unit Test Cases and Test Plans for the Reports Developed.
- Interacted with the users extensively and gathered the requirements, and analyzed the needs of the end users
- Designed Templates, Filters to generate Reports in grid and graph mode. Auto prompt filter feature gave end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Designed Technical dashboard document using tableau desktop based on the business requirements.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Data blending implemented on Oracle database and generated interactive dashboards.
- Generated tableau dashboards with combination worksheets for clear understanding.
- Performed Tableau Admin related activities like Tableau Server installation, backup, upgrades. performance tuning.
- Created users, groups, security roles and SSL authentications.
- Performance tuning of DB and Tableau Server, data sources, workbooks and extracts.
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Created Test Scripts, Test hierarchy to represent the features and functionality that need to be test in the application.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Installations.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.1, Tableau Server, Oracle 11g.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Gathered Business Requirements, Interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Created the Analytics models, came up with ideas and proposed the solutions to the clients or customers. Created Live, Extract Data Sources and Empty Data Source from Multiple DBs according to the requirements.
- Developed interactive dashboards using multiple charts and used actions, parameters, filters.
- Responsible for creating calculated fields, combine field, bins, sets, geo coding and hierarchies, etc.
- Improved Reports performance in tableau by creating extract, empty extract and filters.
- Developed Dual Axis, Blended Axis charts with Measures.
- Published the dashboards into server and provided the permissions to the customers, scheduled and ensured the data was up to date.
- Created SQL Queries at the custom level to pull the data in tableau desktop.
- Worked as Tableau Server Administrator and Tableau desktop developer.
- Installed and configured Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop.
- Responsible for Preparing the Report Design specifications based on the User's requirement.
- Assisted users to publish and collaborate reports via a web browser & embed Tableau views in other web applications like SharePoint.
- Implemented security configuration including user / group setup, permissions, security roles, configuration of trusted ticket authentication
- Created worksheets and dashboards by using custom queries and multiple tables.
- Created various interactive customized dashboards and stories.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server. Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Applied various types filters like Data source filters, Quick filters and Context Filters.
- Created table calculations, calculated fields and parameters.
- Extracted data from various sources and performed data blending.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Involved in gathering the requirements and analyzing the requirements and interact with the customer to find the proper information.
- Validate the data for each report and review the reports.
- Created complex data Views Manually using multiple measures, also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set functionality.
- Generated high detail oriented views using multiple measures, Individual Axes, Dual Axes and Custom Geo-coding.
- Updating the weekly status and tracking the query sheet.