- Seasoned software engineer exploring new opportunities to use my technical and organizational skills in contributing to major development initiatives for a potential employer.
- Experience includes over ten years in delivering web - based applications utilizing current coding techniques and frameworks; working with, and across, different functional teams throughout the development lifecycle.
- This includes discovery and planning of user interface assets, along with design and planning of integration with back-end API’s.
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Technical lead on a new SDDC Manager web application that is used for management of a customer’s SDDC environment post-deployment. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluating existing API’s and comparing with client requirements to determine changes required from backend teams.
- Development of new components, services and utilities using Angular 4/Typescript and Ngrx store (redux style library).
- Build out of HTML templates using Clarity UI library and custom CSS.
- Design and development of routing model using lazily loaded modules and auxiliary routes.
- Technical lead/Scrum master for SDDC Manager bring-up client.
- Primary contributor in developing scope and timeline for delivery of a web application that will deploys a new SDDC environment through hardware validation workflows and collection of settings from customer.
- Helped guide team of seven UI engineers as scrum lead and technical lead to develop and deliver the new web application in AngularJS 4/Typescript, a custom internal Confidential CSS library using SASS, Webpack client build manager, and NodeJS mock API server.
- As a technical lead, made substantial contributions to the code base, often taking on a number of tasks that were a first-time effort in a new framework and code base to help deliver example code for the team.
- Lead feature completion and bug-fixing periods to drive delivery of the UI webapp for July 2017 G.A.
- Technical lead for SDDC Discovery tool (prototype).
- Led a junior level engineer to develop a rapid prototype UI for discovering customer SDDC environments, and displaying their datacenter inventory using a network topology.
- Responsible for developing features in AngularJS 2 Beta/Typescript, CSS using Semantic UI, and Angular2-CLI for build management.
- Drove delivery of a prototype within the four-week timeframe, qualifying the project to be registered as a Confidential “fling.” The level of interest has led to several feature upgrades and use at customer sites.
- Technical lead for SDDC Manager External Storage feature development.
- Worked closely with architects to understand their vision for incorporating physical external storage devices into our hyper-converged SDDC management system.
- Developed a series of mockups in Balsamiq to work through design of the feature’s user interface.
- Delivered this new feature in the existing AngularJS 1, Bootstrap UI, and Gulp build manager code base.
- Developed a mock API utility in gulp user browser-sync to alleviate the difficulty of running the SDDC Manager web application without a live Java backend for development purposes. The utility intercepts all API requests from the client and responds with data from local static JSON files.
- Core contributor in delivering HPA (High Performance Analytics) management suite.
- Responsible for developing features in AngularJS 1, CSS using Bootstrap UI, Grunt client build manager, and NodeJS UI mock API server.
- Developed a number of custom reusable components and pipes including navigation menus, search boxes, and filter utilities.
- Acted as Agile scrum lead for UI staff throughout lifecycle of the project to help deliver the webapp for a sixteen-week deadline.
Senior UI Engineer
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Applied non-intrusive changes to the existing QBO codebase (written in Dojo) to allow for great control specifically of menu items and authorization handling.
- Made feature development and bug fix contributions to the native Mac codebase using Objective C.
- Received Scrum Lead certification through Agile Learning Labs and functioned as a rotating agile scrum lead on the team.
Member of Technical Staff
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- UI Engineer with Confidential Workspace application development team
- Engage with product and engineering management to help analyze and refine product requirements and propose functional requirements, designs and implementations that meet them
- Development of Spring MVC Controllers Layer, used for returning Model/View in early product lifecycle
- Participate in UI stack refactoring effort to Angular JS/Twitter Bootstrap (LESS)
- Identity Management Team (1yr) - Focus on identity driven features and UI design
- Agile development, rotating scrum master
- Development tools include IntelliJ IDE, Perforce and GIT file repositories, and LESS CSS compilers
Senior UI Engineer
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Contributed to development of Clinical Key web content delivery application, which provides a rich interface for users to browse and search medical publishing content
- Development of XSLT stylesheets to transform XML and deliver formatted html to UI
- Advanced CSS development to support cross browser compatibility
- Includes IE 7-9, FireFox, Chrome, and Safari
- Worked closely with Business Analyst team to provide input on resolving and executing undeveloped requirements
- Development tools include Spring Source Tool Suite and GIT file repository
Senior UI Engineer
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Successfully led implementation UI development efforts for rebranding of Confidential email application to Confidential branding as defined by Confidential Interactive Media team
- Implemented visual updates to custom skin on Zimbra email platform used by 17MM+ Confidential .net subscribers via advanced CSS techniques and core Zimbra code modifications
- Developed Confidential .net portal home page for high speed data users; providing service subscribers with dynamic email and voicemail inbox summary via REST API layer
- Advanced JS techniques include namespacing, DOM manipulation, AJAX error handling, cookie manipulation
- Attention to application design, focused on reducing page load times through efficient DOM manipulation, reduced network calls, and proper coding practices (tertiary operators, reusable code/methods, etc.)
- Developed KPI dashboard/CMS in LAMP environment for Confidential Internet Systems Engineering department, used for display and monitoring of critical server and network device statistics
- PHP/MySQL used to develop a series of web services for delivering page content
- Integration of 3rd-party charting/graphing software to display results of AJAX calls to existing REST API
- Application design includes writing/documenting REST messages/schemas, designing for geographically load balanced environments, relational database design
- Configuration of Apache and Nginx server software as required in Linux server environments
- Examples of common configuration changes include use of mod rewrite to force SSL connections, directory access control, and similar tasks
- Project development experience using Agile methodologies (Rally software platform used for tracking project tasks, iteration status, and defects)
- Provided leadership for dev team through testing cycles, working with QA teams to track and plan bug fix cycles, and coordinate releases to development/QA/production platforms
- Assisted in defining standards and protocols within our development team for use of SVN repository. Followed defined practices through frequent updating & committing of files into SVN, maintaining trunk level code, creating branches for new features and releases, and tagging finished project versions
- Worked closely with business teams to help define requirements for new applications and features. Included providing accurate LOE estimates and schedules for myself and other team members
UI Web Developer
- Proven success in design, development, and implementation of custom web applications for a variety of businesses in the northeastern United States
- History of success as a self-starter working within temporary and permanent, team-based environments
- Success in analyzing business requirements and developing solutions to increase company efficiency
- Thorough understanding of development and execution of QA/testing strategies
- Setup of web environments including domain registration, setup of hosting environments, setup of SQL & MYSQL databases, and email management utilities
- Thorough working knowledge of popular database technologies including MySQL, MS SQL, and MS Access
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Coordinate the design and execution of large scale product sampling promotions for companies including but not limited to Unilever, Kraft, Clorox, Chemtura, Kellogg’s, Playtex, Colgate, and McNeil Nutritionals
- Successfully coordinated distribution of hundreds of thousands to millions of product samples to various platforms by working directly with brands and distribution teams
- Manage current relationships with distribution channel partners and clients to completion of projects
- Generate cost estimates and timetables for the development and execution of projects
- Provide leadership to a graphic design team that produces successful marketing materials for client presentation materials and sampling promotion collateral
- Develop custom web applications for demographic analysis and development
Director of Operations
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Provided leadership to a graphic design and web development team that produced successful marketing materials used to achieve positive results for client websites
- Managed client relations throughout the life cycle of diverse projects to achieve client focused goals while keeping projects in scope
- Provided guidance to design and programming teams throughout project life cycles to maintain project efficiencies
- Led and assisted web development team with programming architecture and implementation
- Headed the design and development of company intranet/project management tools
- Worked closely with web team and clients to oversee quality control of projects, ensuring cross-browser compliance and high-quality coding that achieves client business goals
- Trained programming team in PHP, ASP, HTML, and CSS development techniques