- 5 years of experience in Reporting and Data visualizations using Tableau along with Support, Development, and Testing.
- Good experience and expert knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server & Tableau Reader.
- Built dashboards using techniques for Guided Analytics, Interactive Dashboard Design, and Visual best practices.
- Involved in Administration tasks such as Publishing workbooks, Permissions, Managing ownerships, providing access to the users and adding them to the specific group and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
- Good working experience on Oracle & SQL Server.
- Experience with MS Office tools Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Worked in Data Warehouse Environments.
- Expert knowledge in loading data from multiple data bases in to Tableau Desktop.
- Experience of Table Joins & Data Blending in Tableau.
- Developed various calculated fields in Tableau based on requirements.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Table calculations Sets, Groups, Parameters etc.,
- Worked on Data Analysis.
- Worked on the development of Dashboard Reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPI Reports) for management using Tableau.
- Published Dashboards to Tableau Server and Scheduled data extracts.
- Expertise in Tracking, Documenting, Capturing, Managing and Communicating the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
- Involved in upgrading Tableau platforms in clustered environment and performing content upgrades.
- Experience Interacting with power user community to understand and document requirements.
- Experience in configuration and administration of Tableau Server in a multi - server and multi-tier environment.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Developed dash boards with rich Graphic visualizations, Drill Down and Drop down
Visualization Tools: Tableau Desktop 8.2/8.1/7, Tableau Server 8.2/7,Tableau Reader Tableau Desktop 10, 10.2, 10.5. Tableau 9.1ETL Informatica Power Center 9.x,8.x and 7.x,Talend
Tools: SQL Developer, OBIEE, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer And MS Visio, MS Word, Erwin Methodologies Waterfall, RAD, Agile Scrum
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i,Hive,Big Data,Teradata, SAP HANA
Environment: Windows XP/2000/2003/NT 4.0/Vista, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Linux and MS-Dos
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Worked on loading data into Tableau from various data source and different types of clouds.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich graphic visualizations
- Responsible for creating bins, sets, groups and calculated fields using tableau desktop.
- Restricted data for particular users using Row level security and User filters.
- Interacted with Strategic Development Team and Business analyst to analyze business needs and developed technical specifications.
- Provided production support to tableau users and wrote custom SQL to support business requirement.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Created tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bars graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps and Gantt charts.
- Worked extensively with advanced analysis actions, calculations, parameters, table calculations, background images, maps, trend lines and statistics.
- Involved in creating dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures.
- Utilized tableau server for Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling.
- Created Sets, Groups and Data Bins as per user requirements.
- Created various views in Tableau like Tree maps, Heat Maps, Scatter plots, Geographic maps, Line chart, Pie charts and etc.
- Developed various dashboards, used Context filters, Sets while dealing with huge volume of data.
- Used Trend Lines, Reference Lines and Annotations to describe the data.
- Created Data extracts for better performance and accessing data offline.
- Created and Published Tableau Dashboards into Tableau Server.
Environment: Tableau 10, Tableau server 10, Hive, Oracle 11g, SAP HANA, MS Excel, SQL, T- SQL, MS access, UNIX., SSIS, SSRS, SQL developer, SQL2008, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Microsoft Excel 2007, MS Access, Windows 2007 server, Microsoft office 2007 .
- Interacted with business team to identify, gather business requirements and transformed them into technical requirement.
- Worked on key performance indicator dashboards.
- Generated dashboards with quick filters, parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Used excel sheets flat files, CSV files to generate Tableau ad-hoc reports.
- Created dashboards by joining multiple complex tables.
- Published workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Created customized calculations, reference lines, and LOD calculations.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Worked with the team in publishing worksheets and dashboards to the server.
- Develop data visualizations and interacting with Business users to understand and analyze their requirements.
- Created dashboards by extracting data from different sources.
- Created dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculated fields.
- Maintaining and repairing database linkages to ensure interactive dashboards are regularly updating.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures and also created bins for different measures.
- Connected Tableau server to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Implemented data blending in order to merge data from different sources.
- Used and applied actions like filter, highlight and URL to dashboards.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Performed Tableau type conversion functions when connected to relational data sources.
- Experience in creating different Tableau workbooks, dashboards including Bars, Histograms, Pie charts, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles and Highlight tables.
- Creating Users, User Groups and Projects through Tableau server Web and assigned roles and permissions for Tableau users.
- Created Bar Charts which is complied with data sets and added trend lines and forecasting for future predictions.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
Environment: Tableau 9.0.1 Desktop, MS SQL Server, Oracle 9i/11g, SAP HANA, SQL Server 2008 SQL server, UNIX. TSQL, MS Excel, SQL Server Management Studio, Share Point, MS Office 2010/2013, Talend.
- Responsible for gathering requirements and checked for feasibility.
- Participated in Requirement Meetings
- Loading data from sources into Tableau.
- Created Joins where necessary
- Implemented Data Blending when loading data from multiple data sources
- Created Visualizations based on requirements.
- Used Normal Filters, Quick Filters & Context Filters across the dashboards
- Implemented Date range, Single select & Multi Select filters in Visualizations
- Created Visualizations including but not limited to Text tables, Maps, Bar Charts, line Charts, Pie, Stacked Bar, and Bubble charts.
- Used Hierarchies, Groups and Sets where necessary.
- Implemented reference lines on charts with Standard Deviation.
- Troubleshooted performance issues with slow performing dashboards.
- Used Tableau Data Extracts (TDE) when dealing with huge data sets.
- Used LOD expressions on Text Tables.
- Developed Dual Axis charts for better presentation of data.
- Created Dashboards, Stories out of worksheets and used actions to navigate through.
- Published Dashboards to Tableau Server and Scheduled Data Extracts where necessary.
Environment: Tableau 8.0.1 Desktop, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2005, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows 7/XP, Management Studio, SQL server, UNIX.