- Senior Tableau /Data Visualization consultant with 8+ years of BI experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of Business Intelligence reporting tools using Tableau, Business Objects and SQL Server.
- Over 6 years of experience in creating interactive Visualization/dashboards using Tableau desktop and dashboard designer.
- High Experienced working in all the phases of the projects including analyzing, requirement gathering, QA and Deployment,
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Experience in developing Visualizations using various charts like Stacked Bar/Pie, Line/Area, Donut, Dual - axes charts, Geo-Maps, Bubble, Scatter and Heat Maps.
- Expertise using Tableau API Such as Python, R and Web Data Connector and expertise in designing dashboards using mobile app lay out such as Tablet, iPhone and iPad.
- Strong Experience in Tableau Administration such as creating extracts, scheduling workbooks, granting access and creating user filters.
- Expertise in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues in Tableau Server and Reports.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and administration of Tableau Server in a multi-server and multitier environment.
- Strong Expertise in Tableau server commands like synchronization, Tabcmd and Tableau server backup activity and Performed Load and Performance Testing using Tab Jolt.
- Experience in TABCMD & TABADMIN, Email alerts, scheduling, data backup, SAML and driver’s setup activities.
- Advanced SQL queries experience using multiple tables joins, Stored Procedure and Functionalities.
- Proficient in using ETL tools and performing data modeling using Informatica, SISS and Alteryx.
- Strong understanding of dimensional data modeling, Strong SQL optimization capabilities, Metadata Management i.e., Connections, Data Model and VizQL Model.
- Expertise in the concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables.
- Experience in designing data modeling techniques like Snowflake schemas, Star schema, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical modeling.
- Extensive experience in working with Relational databases such as MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, Oracle 12c/11g/10g, DB2, Teradata, Salesforce, Microsoft power pivot and MS Access.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile/ Scrum methodologies.
- Strong Documentation Skills such as FRDs, BRDs and project related documentation.
- Result oriented, Multi Tasked, self-starter looking for challenges, ability to rapidly learn and apply innovative technologies and Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Tableau Desktop/Server/On: Line 10.x/9.x/8.x, Business Objects 3.x/4.x, Dashboard Designer, Xcelsius, BEX Query, Microsoft Power BI, SQL, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Languages: SQL, Custom Sql, Stored Procedure, ANSI 89/92, PL/SQL, HTML, Python, R
Data Modeling: Star Schema/Snowflake Schema model, Fact & Dimensions tables, SCD Type 1/2/3, OLAP, OLTP, Conformed Dimensions
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12C, MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , HANA, Teradata, MS Access, Salesforce, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, Hive.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC OS X, Linux, Unix
Microsoft Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint
Industries: Banking/Financial, Investment, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical and Telecommunication.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Tableau Developer
- Worked with internal management and team members to understand and clarify reporting requirement needs.
- Partnered with peers internal and external to the team to assess and recommend opportunities to derive additional Business Value out of existing Data Marts.
- Connected Tableau directly or extracted data from different data sources and allowing an extremely flexible and collaborative analytics environment within an organization.
- Leveraged the Google Analytics API using Tableau's interface to find answers faster with drag-and-drop dimensions and measures to see only the relevant data, displayed in a simple and intuitive way.
- Used advanced data visualization tools to provide an easy to understand interface for end users to quickly identify key themes within their data.
- Identified key business metrics measurements and develop methods to represent data in support of the measurements.
- Provided guidance and insight on data visualization and dashboard design best practices in Tableau.
- Performed Perfective Analysis using Tableau API such as Python and R.
- Created customized Tableau Dashboards, integrating Custom SQL from Teradata and Oracle and performing data blending in reports.
- Performed development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment.
- Created extract files for improving the performance. Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets. Created several types of charts to provide better visualization.
- Stretched Tableau limits to create unconventional Tableau charts such as Grouped Bar Charts, Donut Charts, Bar-in-Bar Charts, Gantt Charts, Bubble Charts, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and logical calculations to create groups.
- Designed and developed Big Data analytics platform for processing customer viewing preferences using Java, Hadoop, Hive and Pig.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non- geographic data using Java API scripting.
- Embedded Tableau reports/dashboards on to the external web pages.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are published or extracted to server.
- Designed and development of various reports and dashboards that can be easily accessible through Tableau App in I pads, iPhone, and other smart mobile phones.
- Embedded Tableau reports/dashboards on to the external web pages.
- Provided innovative solutions and deliver improved upon methods of data presentation by focusing on the Business need and the Business Value of the solution.
- Looked for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices for BI development
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Monitored the overall performance of the database to recommend and initiate actions to improve/optimize Performance.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.1/10.5, Tableau Server, Oracle, Tab Jolt, MySQL, Python, Web data connector, Microsoft PowerPivot, Pivotal HD, HDFS, Microsoft SQL server 2012, MS Excel/Access, Windows 8.
Confidential, Waukegan, IL
Senior Tableau Developer
- Projected and forecasted future growth in terms of number of subscribers based on upgrading to LTE by developing Area Maps to show details on which states were connected the most.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Gathered business requirements from end users, analyzed and documented the same for various reporting needs.
- Created views and dashboards based on requirements and published them to Tableau Server for Business and End User teams to be reviewed.
- Designed and developed mock-up Tableau Dashboards to explore options for visualization of data, presentation, and analysis.
- Served as a liaison between the business and the IT department by conducting weekly calls/meetings with stakeholders, developers, QA Team, UAT Team to document any changes and apply them to Tableau reports as needed.
- Created side by side bar chart comparison of Vendors who were into Retail along with profit revenue generated.
- Worked with DBA to extract API data into SQL Server and connected to the same from Tableau for various reporting requirements.
- Generated Interactive Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and Actions to handle views more efficiently. Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle and MS Excel.
- Created Data extracts for better performance of dashboards and accessing data offline.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Integrated dashboards with live Connection in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Developed and reviewed SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right) in Tableau Desktop to validate static and dynamic data for data validation.
- Created reports using Custom SQL for complex report views.
- Participated in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meeting as well as communicating with stakeholders and business
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.3/9.0, Tableau Server, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, SAP HANA, Informatica, Teradata, Salesforce, Windows 8, MS Excel/Access, SSIS, SSRS.
Confidential, Needham, MA
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Created and modified Business Intelligence analytical reports using Tableau.
- Extensively used Visio to create Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending,
- Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color-coded tabs etc. in Tableau 8 desktop/Server.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, quick filters, data source filters, global filters, context filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets.
- Published the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Implemented best practices and standards in developing Tableau reports.
- Integrated Tableau dashboards into internal web portal using Java Script API.
- Worked on the backend database development which was the source data for the tableau.
- Created rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Extensively used Tab admin and Tab cmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau server, allowing end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.3, Tableau Server, MySQL, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, ERWIN, SSIS, Business Objects Webi, Xeclsius.
Confidential, New York, NY
Tableau Developer / Admin
- Converted Xcelsius Dashboards to Tableau Dashboards.
- Responsible for writing views based on user and/or reporting requirements, wrote Teradata Macros and used various Teradata analytic functions.
- Developed HTML prototypes and UI deliverables, such as wireframes, flowcharts, screen mock-ups, and interface design specifications.
- Worked with production team to implement UI and create enhancements to optimize user experience
- Migrated Web Intelligence reports, Crystal reports and dashboards from XIR2 to XIR3.1.
- Tested reports and universes, debugged and resolved the defects identified after migration.
- Assisted in creating Tableau dashboards for presenting key metrics related to Pharmacy shipment and Order received status.
- Involved in daily scrum meetings to discuss what tasks have been achieved, what needs to be done and what are the loopholes.
- Installed and configured Business Objects XIR3.1 in DEV, IT, QA and PROD environment.
- Set up clusters in various environments.
- Responsible for installing Business Objects, Xcelsius, Toad and Crystal Report client tools for different users.
- Implemented security set up for users and Groups.
- Unit tested, and fixed issues identified in BOXI 3.1 universes and reports migrated from BOXI R2.
- Fixed the bugs caused after migration in dashboards.
- Used life cycle manager to promote the jobs from DEV to QA.
- Checked Universes for Integrity and exported them to the Repository to make resources available to the users and groups.
- Optimized Crystal Reports performance for large reports (reduced page generation time).
- Used Toad to verify data pulled by the report is correct compared to the database data and to verify the joins used in designing the universe are correct.
- Created predefined conditions in the universe level to restrict the volume of data to be pulled in the report. Prepared user documentation for hands on training for end user community.
- Created Classes, Dimension objects, Measure objects and Detail objects in the universe.
- Resolved issues related to RDBMS flaws such as Fan Traps, Chasm Traps using BO multi parse SQL functionality. Analyzed data using Slice/Dice and Drill Mode. Created various highly interactive dashboards and data visualizations reports for Ad Sales and Program Finance departments.
- Created several Tableau data extracts with prebuilt calculations, parameters and sets to enable end users to easily utilize the extracts as semantic layer to create their own workbooks.
Environment: Tableau 6.0/7.0, Tableau Server, Oracle, SQL, Share Point, Agile-Scrum, Vertica, Windows2003.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
BI Developer/BO Developer
- Gathered Requirements gathering from the Business and designed the detailed design for the Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Responsible for creating Universes, Desktop Intelligence, Full client, Web Intelligence and OLAP repots in Business Objects XIR2/6.5.
- Migrated Reports, universe, connections, users and groups from 6.5 to XIR2.
- Created and modified group accounts and user accounts.
- Applied user and group rights to objects such as top-level folder security and object level security.
- Created linked reports in web Intelligence using OPENDOC functions.
- Created Applications, Dashboards, Metrics, Menus, Rules, Alerts and Analytics using application Foundation 6.5.
- Deployed QAAWS from import wizard.
- Used query as web option to build visualizations based on the reports built in Business Objects.
- Set the Row Level Restrictions to the different user groups based on their profiles.
- Modified report content, distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel & PDF and monitored the reports daily in Business Objects environment.
- Created large and complex reports using Universes, Personal Data files, Free Hand SQL, Stored Procedures and migrated the already existing excel reports to Business Objects.
- Scheduled the reports using Broadcast Agent and distributed the reports as per the requirement as mail attachments in various formats like XLS, PDF and monitored daily reports using Broadcast agent console.
- Configured the web and application servers for the new Business Objects server as a part of migration from Business Objects 6.1 to 6.5.
- Provided technical support to the users and business analysts like installing Business Objects desktops products on user machines etc.
Environment: Business Objects Webi, Crystal reports, Xcelsius, MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, MS Access, Windows.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked as database developer of a team, responsible for the design and development of an Oracle application.
- Primary responsibilities included system analysis, coding, debugging and deploying.
- Worked with the project manager to understand the scope of each phase & module and further understand implement the Object Model & Database design specifications, Domain Model.
- Responsible for functional setups of newly established units and configured the data migration for various categories such as vouchers, books, stores location, fiscal year, category creation.
- Wrote SQL scripts to create Staging tables and developed packages to load files /legacy data into the ERP Application
- Used DTS Wizard to move data to different databases.
- Framed the business logic plus code for accessing data stores.
- Developed validation routines for complex business rules and data handling.
- Created numerous forms and reports using Forms and Oracle Reports.
- Worked with various functional experts to implement their functional knowledge into working Procedures.
- Worked on optimizing existing procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data into Oracle database.
- Troubleshot the performance issues and bugs within packages.