- Highly motivated and accomplished IT professional with extensive and progressive experience.
- I perform well in a fast - paced, multi-priority environment, and adapt quickly to new technologies and projects.
- Look forward to challenges and have excellent communications skills, working well independently or in teams.
- Experience leading/managing the cloud adoption journey. Build the environments by code (Terraform) giving us the ability to recreate entire environments in minutes.
- My goal is to be part of a team where I can make strong contributions and continue to expand my knowledgebase.
- Active Directory
- AWS: Suite of resources
- Bash scripting
- ECS Container Service
- MySQL Workbench
- Network Design & Installation
- PCI Compliance/PCI SME
- Power Shell
- SOX IT Audit
- Sumo Logic
- Terraform Enterprise
Confidential, Cincinnati, OHBig Data Architect/ Database services
- Design & Implement AWS Organization: Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies
- AWS Organizational billing and cost reporting: AWS Cost Management and Optimization
- Designed and implemented security model: Architecture and Application
- Design and build of IAM roles, custom policies, as well as cross account roles.
- Defined third party Integration policy
- Integration with Active Directory, AzureAD SAML federation for secure access and SSO
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures and optimized applications for AWS
- Transitioned the AWS infrastructure platform to Ops (Patching via AWS, and Monitoring tools)
- Defined the DR, SR, Node Eviction, Backup and Restore process for the cloud applications.
- Terraform build: environment, infrastructure, application deployments and application recovery
- Terraform is at the core
- Developed the Architectural build diagrams/documents, Governance policies.
- Build/configuration with suite of AWS resources: (EC2, Redshift, lambdas, RDS, direct connect, cloudtrail, cloudwatch, s3, beanstalk, etc…)
- Provided the AWS best practices
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Big Data Architect/ Database services
- Setup Confidential as a monitoring solution for docker containers and images on AWS instances.
- Created farms and roles, images and launched EC2 instances for Pass Lite team. (EBS volumes, bootstrapping with chef, created security groups, EC2 config, Scalr scripts, and snapshots.
- Launching Instances (security groups & firewall cfg), EBS volumes, creating snapshots, attaching volumes to instances. (Database persistence).
- EC2 container service setup (clusters, services, and task) including linking containers and using repository images.
- Provisioned RDS instances (MySQl and ORACLE).
- Gemfirexd: Installation, upgrade, configuration locator/server
- Postgres: Installation, configuration, security/access, upgrades, dockerize, Bi-directional replication (BDR), documentation, creation: database, schema, tables, users, and sequences. Barman backup, logical backups, DR recovery, autovacuum, L3 support and Primary resource and liaison with Mexico L2 team. monitoring Postgres and GemfireXD
- Installation and Secondary resource.
- Installation and Secondary resource.
- Confidential PaaS
Confidential, Wheat Ridge, CO
Big Data Consultant
- Installed 20 node cluster with all master daemons running on separate servers.
- Setup users, file and group access rights. Installation included Hive and PIG.
- Build a Big Data system that catered to the demands of the Broadridge Portfolio reporting application and its clients such as Edward Jones US, Barclays, Charles Swab. Systems are SOX and PCI compliant.
- Redesigned ROR performance reporting for Hadoop, involved understanding data flow and rewrite of procedures.
- Performed benchmarking by running map/reduce jobs and doing comparisons.
- Data Node Decommissioning/Commissioning.
- Hadoop Administration and Support, log monitoring as well as node monitoring for performance issues.
- Project Manager on Client Data Conversion from Sybase SIS system to Aspire PA product line.
- Designed the ETL (Informatica) process to load data into Greenplum
- Load & performance test on Gemfire and GreenPlum, setting parallel processing benchmarks for comparisons.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. IT Manager
- Maintained PCI compliance, PCI\DSS assessment and remediation of all systems, successfully passing all SOX IT Audits, championing best practices for PCI\DSS.
- Project Manager for Confidential (POS) & Light Speed (PMS) installs. Created detailed training manuals.
- Team lead on Active Directory Planning, Deployment, Security, Backup/Restore, and documentation.
- Developed and Documented disaster recovery for all systems.
- Managed an IT Team of 4, Received Sheraton Team Award.
- Managed help desk and call tracking system, providing desktop support assuring client satisfaction.
- Managed and coordinated telecom and data services for Morgan Stanley as well as Barclay's yearly Global Leadership Conferences. Also coordinated all the needs for the Tech Expo being run as part of the Conference.
- Managed and maintained the upgrade to Exchange 2010 from Exchange 2003 and training of staff in Office 2010.
- Installed and maintained Human Resources Scheduling, Worker’s Comp., and Benefits Management Software.