IT and ERP Expertise: ERP Migrations Internal Controls GAAP & IFRS Process Improvements Automations
Accounting & Finance Expertise: Internal & External Audits - GAAP SOX IFRS compliance-Financial statement preparation & review..
ERP Systems: M3 Infor Cognos MFG NetSuite MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) FRX Hyperion (HFM) SAP QuickBooks JD Edwards Aspen Canopy
Excel Skills: Advanced lookups Pivot Tables Macros
Interim Financial Controller
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Responsible for maintaining and developing proper financial and internal controls to ensure that the Company meets statutory obligations and Colart Group’s internal standards.
- Review financial reports and disclosures for compliance with SOX and IFRS.
- Prepare budgets and deliver root cause analysis of plan-to-actual variances.
- Support management in forecasting financials and departmental expenditures.
- Analyze inventory carrying values and adjustments.
- Analyze P&L variances, COGS, material costs and GM%.
- Manage and reconcile intercompany transactions within the group; domestic and international (Europe, Canada, and Asia).
- Monitor foreign exchange transactions, rates, translations, forecasts and records as well as applicable gains and losses.
- In support of ERP migration: review data quality of system outputs; provide Inventory, GL, AP, AR, and financial modules.
- Run internal financial audit processes, and serve as primary point of contact to external auditor team.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Project Manager for ERP Implementation & Upgrades- MS Dynamics GP-NetSuite- Aspen Canopy ERP systems.
- Setup New Modules-Order Entry, Sales & AR, AP, Inventory & General Ledger modules. Mapped chart of accounts to new system.
- Mapped and migrated GL account information to various modules by transaction type.
- Transferred account balances and activity data to new system.
- Trained users on functionality and features of various modules.
- Designed financial and management reports using report writer.
- Worked closely with the CEO and senior management to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives.
- Managed accounting, audit and internal control functions.
- Established and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards and ensured records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Developed and executed strategies that enhance internal controls regarding cash flows.
- Presented financial and operational results and status to Board of Directors and Executive Management IT.
- Worked closely with IT staff and consultants to maintain and improve ERP and Network systems.
- Designed and created various reports using MS Dynamics GP, Smartlist, FRX, and C rystal Reports.
- Managed Accounting group - GL Accounting Staff, A/P & A/R and served as primary point of contact to internal and external audit teams.
- Performed weekly, period, and year end close.
- Prepared weekly estimated P&L and period end financial statements.
- Verified physical inventory carrying values and quantities and delivered analyses on needed GL adjustments and historical gross margins by product category.
- Setup of new division GL accounts, and revised chart of accounts to reflect GAAP compliant acquisition costs and initial entries.
- Performed diligence on GL data of newly acquired operations . Setup new GL accounts and processes for consolidating financial results.
- Prepared annual budgets and shaped model for forecasting monthly Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, and Cash Flow Statement.
- Analyzed key performance indicators (KPI's). Worked closely with Sales & Operation managers to improve planning and forecasting.
- Work closely with brokers and consultants to manage benefits- Health & Commercial insurance policies.
Confidential, Chalfont, PA
- Directed financial effort and converted multiple accounting systems into one using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Work closely with IT staff and consultants to maintain and improve ERP and network systems.
- Managed A/P, A/R, Payroll, consolidations of FS and intercompany transactions with NA, Europe, Asia, Canada, and Financial Reporting.
- Served on planning and policy-making committees.
- Developed and executed strategies that enhanced internal controls and strengthened cash flows.
- Worked with external auditors during audits.
- Prepared company annual budgets and variance reports.
- Shortened the cycle time to completion of FS consolidations and consolidated financial reporting.
- Automated accounting and reporting processes and improved division's rating for timeliness and accuracy.
- Prepared Financial Statements in compliance with GAAP, SOX, Confidential GAAP, IFRS standards.
- Managed financial reporting, A/R, A/P, Credit & Collections, Billing, Payroll, HR, banking relations, and other administrative functions.
- Responsible for month end closing process.
- Ensured financial statements and reports are in full compliance with company policies, GAAP, government rules and regulations.
- Implemented Accounting and Royalty Reporting systems modules.
- Assisted IT in system troubleshooting, support and maintenance.
- Developed and implemented warehouse-level inventory cost control measures.
- Managed Canadian GST/HST tax filings and proactively communicate with CRA to resolve potential compliance issues.
- Oversaw annual budgeting process, monthly budget updates, and monthly profitability forecasts.
- Prepared audit schedules and coordinated with external and bank auditors in the completion of their fieldwork, financial statements audit, and corporate tax preparation.
- Prepare and review royalty statements to Publishers and Agents. Administer the company's 401k retirement plan. Accomplishments:
- Implemented Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP system and oversaw subsequent upgrade.
- Designed and created Financial & Management reports using FRX application.
- Improved productivity through automation of several tasks and procedures.
- Improved collaboration of cross-functional teams, and played an instrumental role in rendering a friendly work environment.