- 8+ years of experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Enhancement and Support of ETL applications which includes strong experience in OLTP & OLAP environments as a Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Consultant.
- 4+ years of experience in Talend Open Studio (6.x/5.x) for Data Integration, Data Quality and Big Data.
- Experience in working with Data Warehousing Concepts like OLAP, OLTP, Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema , Logical Data Modeling, Physical Modeling and Dimension Data Modeling.
- 2+ years of experience in Expertise on Talend Data Integration suite and Bigdata Integration Suite for Design and development of ETL/Bigdata code and Mappings for Enterprise DWH ETL Talend Projects.
- Widespread experience in using Talend features such as context variables, triggers, connectors for Database and flat files.
- Hands on Involvement on many components which are there in the palette to design Jobs & used Context Variables to Parameterize Talend Jobs.
- Experienced in ETL Talend Data Fabric components and used features of Context Variables, MySQL, Oracle, Hive Database components.
- Tracking Daily Data load, Monthly Data extracts and send to client for their verification.
- Strong experience in designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions in Data Warehousing using ETL Tools.
- Excellent understanding and best practice of Data Warehousing Concepts, involved in Full Development life cycle of Data Warehousing.
- Experienced in analyzing, designing and developing ETL strategies and processes, writing ETL specifications.
- Involved in extracting user's Data from various Data sources into Hadoop Distributed File Systems (HDFS) .
- Experience with MapReduce, Pig, Programming Model, Installation and Configuration of Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop and Flume using Linux commands.
- Experienced in using Talend Data Fabric tools (Talend DI, Talend MDM, Talend DQ, Talend Data Preparation, ESB, TAC)
- Experienced in working with different data sources like Flat files, Spreadsheet files, log files and Databases.
- Knowledge in Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, E - R diagrams with modeling tools like ERwin & ERStudio.
- Experience in AWS S3, RDS (MySQL) and Redshift cluster configuration.
- Extensive experience in J2EE platform including, developing both front end & back end applications using Java, Servlets, JSP, EJB, AJAX, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JAXB, JMS, JDBC, Web Services.
- Strong Understanding of Data Modeling (Relational, dimensional, star and snowflake schema) Data analysis implementation of Data Warehouse using Widows and Unix.
- Extensive Experience in, Functions, Developing Stored Producers Views and Triggers, complex queries using SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience across all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including business requirement analysis, data mapping, build, unit testing, systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Worked in all phases of BW/BI full life cycles including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment, Post-Production Support/Maintenance, Documentation and End-User Training.
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and is experienced in working with senior level managers, business people and developers across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to grasp and apply new concepts quickly and effectively.
Data Warehousing: Talend Open Studio 6.2.1/6.1.1/5.5, Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x
Databases: Teradata, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Sybase, MS Access.
ETL Tools: Talend Enterprise Edition for Data Integration, Big Data, ERwin, ER Studio, Visio, Toad, SQL Plus, Data Studio, MS Office.
Methodologies: Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Agile, Waterfall.
SQL, T: SQL, PL/SQL, C, JAVA, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Operating Systems: Unix (AIX, HP-UX), LINUX, Windows
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Sr. Talend Developer
- Worked in the Data Integration Team to perform data and application integration with a goal of moving high volume data more effectively, efficiently and with high performance to assist in businesscritical projects.
- Has developed custom components and multi-threaded configurations with a flat file by writing JAVA code in Talend.
- Interacted with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to gather requirements and update Solution Architect Document Created mappings and sessions to implement technical enhancements.
- Deployed and scheduled Talend jobs in Administration console and monitoring the execution
- Created separate branches with in the Talend repository for Development, Production and Deployment.
- Excellent knowledge with Talend Administration console, Talend installation, using Context and global map variables in Talend.
- Review requirements to help build valid and appropriate DQ rules and implement DQ Rules using Talend DI jobs.
- Create cross-platform Talend DI jobs to read data from multiple sources like Hive, Hana, Teradata, DB2, Oracle, ActiveMQ.
- Create Talend Jobs for data comparison between tables across different databases, identify and report discrepancies to the respective teams.
- Talend Administrative tasks like - Upgrades, create and manage user profiles and projects, manage access, monitoring, setup TAC notification.
- Observed statistics of Talend jobs in AMC to improve the performance and in what scenarios errors are causing.
- Created Generic and Repository schemas.
- Performed Data Manipulations using various Talend Components like tMap. tjavarow, tjava, tOracleRow, tOracleInput, tOracleOutput, tMSSQLInput and many more.
- Implementing complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations and robust mappings using Talend transformations like tConvertType, tSortRow, tReplace, tAggregateRow, tUnite etc.
- Created standard and best practices for Talend ETL components and jobs.
- Extraction, transformation and loading of data from various file formats like .csv, .xls, .txt and various delimited formats using Talend Open Studio.
- Worked on HIVE QL to get the data from hive database.
- Responsible for developing data pipeline with Amazon AWS to extract the data from weblogs and store in HDFS
- Executed Hive queries on Parquet tables stored in Hive to perform data analysis to meet the business requirements.
- Troubleshoot data integration issues and bugs, analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures and documentation as needed.
- Responsible to tune ETL mappings, Workflows and underlying data model to optimize load and query performance.
- Configure Talend Administration Center (TAC) for scheduling and deployment.
- Create and schedule Execution Plans - to create Job Flows
- Worked with production support in finalizing scheduling of workflows and database scripts using AutoSys.
Environment: Talend 6.2.1/6.0.1, Talend Open Studio Big Data/DQ/DI, Talend Administrator Console, Oracle 11g, Teradata V 14.0, Hive, HANA, PL/SQL, DB2, XML, JAVA. ERwin 7, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to review the business specifications of the project and to gather the ETL requirements.
- Created Talend jobs to copy the files from one server to another and utilized Talend FTP components.
- Created and managed Source to Target mapping documents for all Facts and Dimension tables
- Analyzing the source data to know the quality of data by using Talend Data Quality.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries and used Joins to access Data from Oracle, and MySQL.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Prepared ETL mapping Documents for every mapping and Data Migration document for smooth transfer of project from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
- Design and Implemented ETL for data load from heterogeneous Sources to SQL Server and Oracle as target databases and for Fact and Slowly Changing Dimensions SCD-Type1 and SCD-Type2.
- Utilized Big Data components like tHDFSInput, tHDFSOutput, tPigLoad, tPigFilterRow, tPigFilterColumn, tPigStoreResult, tHiveLoad, tHiveInput, tHbaseInput, tHbaseOutput, tSqoopImport and tSqoopExport.
- Used Talend most used components (tMap, tDie, tConvertType, tFlowMeter, tLogCatcher, tRowGenerator, tSetGlobalVar, tHashInput & tHashOutput and many more)
- Created many complex ETL jobs for data exchange from and to Database Server and various other systems including RDBMS, XML, CSV, and Flat file structures.
- Experienced in using debug mode of Talend to debug a job to fix errors.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Talend Integration Suite.
- Conducted JAD sessions with business users and SME's for better understanding of the reporting requirements.
- Developed Talend jobs to populate the claims data to data warehouse - star schema.
- Used Talend Admin Console Job conductor to schedule ETL Jobs on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Worked on various Talend components such as tMap, tFilterRow, tAggregateRow, tFileExist, tFileCopy, tFileList, tDie etc.
- Worked Extensively on Talend Admin Console and Schedule Jobs in Job Conductor.
Environment: Talend Enterprise Big Data Edition 5.1, Talend Administrator Console, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Oracle 11g, Hive, HDFS, Sqoop, TOAD, UNIX Enterprise Platform for Data integration.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Informatica / TalendDeveloper
- Developed ETL process to load Oracle data to Sql Server System using following Talend Components:
- Oracle Components - tOracleConnection, tOracleInput, tOracleBulkExec
- Worked on linux system (Red Hat) to deploy the Talend code.
- Deployed the code using shell scripts in other machines.
- Worked extensively on SQL Queries for validating the records.
- Worked on paginating the SQL statements in the ETL flow to handle the memory issues and to improve the performance.
- Worked on handling the dead lock errors while updating the SQL Server tables in the ETL flow.
- Parameterized the overall work flow to execute the code in different environments.
- Parallelized the workflows to improve the time for execution.
- Developed ETL mappings.
- Developed and tested all the backend programs, Informatica mappings and update processes.
- Developed Informatica mappings to load data into various dimensions and fact tables from various source systems.
- Worked on Informatica power center Designer tools like source Analyzer, Target Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping Designer and Mapplet Designer
- Worked on Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager tools like Task Designer, Workflow Designer, and Worklet Designer.
- Designed and developed Informatica power center medium to complex mappings using transformations such as the Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Filter, Router, Rank, Sequence Generator, Stored Procedure and Update.
- Worked as a key project resource taking day-to-day work direction and accepting accountability for technical aspects of development.
- Developed the Business rules for cleansing, validating and standardization of data using Informatica Data Quality.
- Designed and developed multiple reusable cleanse components.
Environment: Talend Open Studio 5.0.1, Informatica Power center, UNIX, SQL Server, TOAD, AutoSys.
- Involved in the complete life cycle development of the project including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production support.
- Interacted with Business analysts to understand and convert Business Requirements to Technical Requirements.
- Designed and Developed mappings using which involve different sources that includes Flat Files, XML files and Relational tables from heterogeneous databases like Oracle, SQL server and DB2.
- Prepared High-level and Detailed Level Design Documents for Extractions, Validations, Transformations and Loading to target systems.
- Created mappings using mapping designer to load the data from various sources, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup (Connected and unconnected), Aggregator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter, and sorter transformations.
- Developed mappings/Reusable Objects/Transformation/mapplets/user defined functions by using mapping designer, transformation developer and mapplet designer in Informatica Power center.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type I and Type II in various mappings.
- Used Debugger within the Mapping Designer to test the data flow between source and target and to troubleshoot the invalid mappings.
- Extensively worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential, parallel, sessions that perform Full and Incremental Loads to target system.
- Migrating the data from different environments like Development to production for creating shortcuts and by creating deployment groups.
- Created Jobs in Tidal scheduler to auto run Informatica workflows based on dependency checks.
- Identified and created various test scenarios for Unit testing the data loaded in target.
- Performed Unit testing and Integrated testing for the objects created at ETL level, with Testers as per testing standards and UAT with Users to check data consistency.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1(Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Server Admin console), Power Exchange 9.1, Informatica Developer 9.1, Oracle 12c/11g, PL/SQL, SQL, TOAD, Red Hat LINUX 5.8.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Assisted gathering business requirements and worked closely with various Application and Business teams to develop Data Model, ETL procedures to design Data Warehouse.
- Designed and developed star schema model for target database using ERWIN Data modeling.
- Extensively used ETL Informatica tool to extract data stored in MS SQL 2000, Excel, and Flat files and finally loaded into a single Data Warehouse.
- Used various active and passive transformations such as Aggregator, Expression, Sorter, Router, Joiner, connected/unconnected Lookup, and Update Strategy transformations for data control, cleansing, and data movement.
- Designed and developed Mapplets for faster development, standardization and reusability purposes.
- Implemented Slowly Changing DimensionType 1 and Type 2 for inserting and updating Target tables for maintaining the history.
- Used Debugger to validate transformations by creating break points to analyze, and monitor Data flow.
- Tuned performance of Informatica Session by increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and Target based commit interval, and mappings by dropping and recreation of indexes.
- Worked along with the QA Team and provided production support by monitoring the processes running daily.
- Involved in pre-and post-session migration planning for optimizing data load performance.
- Interfaced with the Portfolio Management and Global Asset Management Groups to define reporting requirements and project plan for intranet applications for Fixed Income and Equities.
- Performed Unit testing during the mapping phase to ensure proper and efficient implementation of the transformations.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts and pmcmd command line utility to interact with Informatica Server from command mode.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.x, Informatica Repository Manager, Oracle10g/9i, DB2, ERwin, TOAD, Unix - AIX, PL/SQL, SQL Developer.
- Responsible for designing and developing of mappings, mapplets, sessions and work flows for load the data from source to target database using Informatica Power Center and tuned mappings for improving performance.
- Created database objects like views, indexes, user defined functions, triggers and stored procedures.
- Involved in ETL process from development to testing and production environments.
- Extracted date from various sources like Flat files, Oracle and loaded it into Target systems using Informatica 7.x.
- Developed mappings using various transformations like update strategy, lookup, stored procedure, router, joiner, sequence generator and expression transformation.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Used Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager to create sessions, batches to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Tuned mappings and SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Automated existing ETL operations using Autosys.
- Created & Ran shell scripts in UNIX environment.
- Created and ran the Workflows using Workflow manager in Informatica Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository manager.
- Created tables and partitions in database Oracle.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.x, Oracle, SQL developer, MS Access, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL Server 2005, Windows XP.
- Responsible for requirement analysis of the application
- ETL tool Informatica was used to load strategic source data to build the data marts.
- An operational data store was created. Metadata Build up was designed for performing data mapping.
- Also, involved in Mass data loads, refreshing the data in various applications, performance evaluations, modifying the existing code to accommodate new features.
- Used various Transformations like Aggregator, Router, Expression, Source Qualifier, Filter, Lookup, Joiner, Sorter, XML Source qualifier, Stored Procedure and Update Strategy.
- Worked extensively on Flat Files, as the data from various Legacy Systems are flat files.
- Have setup Test and Production Environment for all mappings and sessions.
- Created and configured Sessions in Workflow Manager and Server Manager.
- Debugged the sessions using Debugger and monitored Workflows, Worklets and Tasks by Workflow Monitor.
- Created and used mapping parameters, mapping variables using Informatica mapping designer to simplify the mappings.
- Developed Oracle stored procedures, packages and triggers for Data validations.
Environment : Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Oracle 11g, SQLServer2008, MS Access, Windows XP, Toad, SQL developer