- Diverse business experience in information technologies, procurement, contracting, finance, and accounting.
- I bring a unique perspective having been on the buying, selling, and delivery end in various technology businesses.
- I have experience in Sourcing and Procurement at fortune 100 organizations, and most recently managed sourcing for software and IT services categories.
- Solid overall business acumen, work ethic, and communication skills; with strengths in relationship building at all levels throughout the organization, leading cross - functional teams, and managing complex enterprise-wide technology software and services acquisitions.
- Worked directly with the CIO, CFO, and CHRO to lead the cross-functional team to purchase a new SaaS based Total Rewards system, from RFI to RFP to selection. Leveraged the competitive process to achieve $1m in savings over the term agreement.
- Worked with IT Executives to outsource Oracle ERP development and support from an internally managed group in the Philippines, to a fixed fee / SLA based Service Agreement with Offshore supplier in India.
- Developed a solution for tracking annual software maintenance renewals and worked with stakeholders for budgeting and planning; and the suppliers to reduce or eliminate potential price increases.
- Led project at to streamline Spend Analytics through the Microsoft BI stack that resulted in real-time monthly / quarterly spend reports, along with category and strategic partner dashboards.
- Negotiated a prime 3rd party software reseller supplier with a cost plus pricing agreement, that reduced spend over $200k annually, and increased the efficiency of processing orders for software.
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar, fixed-fee Service Agreement with a major Technology Services Company, for offshore support of Legacy billing systems, with multiple and complex Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Managed the multi-million dollar offshore support Agreements, and negotiated multiple Statement of Works (SOWs) for various projects.
- Led effort to analyze the process for the IT Staff Aug spend category; in an effort to streamline the process, reduce suppliers, reduce costs, and improve quality and efficiencies. Analyzed make vs. buy, RPO, VMS, and MSP models.
- Managed a single source, multi-million annual desktop computing and services contract. Streamlined standard PC configurations and reduced total costs of ownership by reducing build images and configuration time; resulting in improved JIT delivery schedules and reduced configuration expense.
Manager Technology Sourcing
- Managed all software acquisition, maintenance renewals, and contract negotiations for all cloud-based (SaaS) and perpetual licenses; and professional services for project / SOW based work for the IT organization.
- Advisor to CIO, CISO, and business unit VP and Directors on sourcing, procurement, and contract related issues related to software and professional services.
- Developed negotiation strategies and led cross-functional teams during negotiations for commercial and legal terms for Master Services and Master License Agreements, along with deliverables, roles / responsibilities, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Statement of Works (SOWs). Wrote and proposed alternative legal language for review with the Confidential, and worked with other stakeholders as necessary on resolution for issues with Confidential, Risk Management, Security, Finance, etc.
- Managed the RF(X) process, including planning, drafting, and issuing proposals; evaluating and analyzing (rating and ranking) responses; awarding suppliers, conducting contract negotiations, drafting contracts, and ongoing supplier management.
- Led internal special projects such as redeveloping the spend analytics capabilities, researching procurement-to-pay (P2P) systems, and contract management systems.
- Worked with Oracle iProcurement for Order entry/approvals, Purchase Orders, and invoice receipting.
- Initiated the use of the Microsoft BI stack for spend analytics (accessing raw Oracle data), including PowerVue, PowerBI, PowerPivot, and Sharepoint Online.
- Expert level Office360 skills, including PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel / pivot tables; and advanced Word, using redlining, track changes, track/compare, comments, etc.
Sr. IT Sourcing Analyst
- Lead negotiator on commercial and legal terms for Master Services Agreements, and Statement of Works (SOWs) to detail roles / responsibilities, service level agreements (SLAs), etc. Managed multiple onshore and offshore technology services suppliers for various development projects and legacy systems support.
- Worked with other organizations as necessary as pertaining to Legal, Confidential, Risk Management, Security, Vendor Management, etc.
- Provided contract management activities for multiple SOWs, Amendments, Addendum, etc. for all suppliers in Category.
- Worked with SAP for all Contract Management activity, to include use of standard templates, tracking Amendments, documenting activity summary reports, and receiving approvals for contract signature.
- Managed a vigorous due diligence process on potential new suppliers to include adherence to anti-corruption, information security, privacy (PII/CII), Code of Conduct, Supplier Diversity, financial review, etc.
- Founder of the Colorado Branch for Confidential - a regional IT consulting and staffing company.
- Grew branch from scratch to over $2m in annual revenues with a staff of 3 recruiters and 2 account managers while maintaining profitability.
- Setup all office space, network, telecommunication, office equipment, and office tools.
- Responsible for hiring / firing recruiting and account management staff, and performance management.
- Acted as a selling Branch Manager, responsible for account development and account management, and performed recruiting as needed.
- Full P&L responsibilities, including estimating costs, forecasting revenues and gross margins, and setting sales goals and objectives.
- Led Recruiting staff in bi-weekly activity meetings, and interacted daily on progress and performance, measured against daily and weekly metrics.