Proficient in: Python, R, Matlab, SAS, SQL, Tableau, scikit - lear
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Worked with executive management to overhaul credit review process, and free up $3 billion in capacity for counterparty transactions.
- Performed credit reviews of major counterparties and analyzed trends pertaining to exposure size, loss limits and credit quality for thousands of financial institutions.
- Led efforts to automate reviews of small counterparties via natural language generation.
- Analyzed impact of underwriting conditions, vintage, market geography, and natural disasters on credit losses for loan portfolio acquired from banks; used results to help multifamily division meet targeted goal of reducing annual acquisitions from $31 billion to $28 billion.
- Used statistical testing to determine sources of most severe credit losses of past 20 years; made recommendation to revise underwriting acquisition policies to avoid certain loan structures, which management later adopted.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Part of research team that saved company $5 million by developing Economic Capital model in - house rather than hiring outside vendors; allowing Confidential & Confidential to pass stress tests and other Fed / Confidential requirements and undertake capital actions such as increasing its dividends, acquiring other companies, and repaying TARP. Awarded CEO Innovation Award in 2011 for project.
Confidential, New York
- Served as trading floor assistant to Chief Investment Officer, liaising with PMs, senior research analysts, sales staff, external experts, and corporate managements/IRs.
- Built EV/EBITDA and DCF valuation models for multiple companies, ran portfolio screening metrics for Global Deal Fund closed-end fund specializing in merger arbitrage.