- Around 7+ years of experience in Software Design, Database Design, Development, Integration Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and the related Database Platforms.
- 6+ Experience in Tableau Desktop, Server, Online, and Reader.
- Experience in creating workbooks and dashboards using Tableau Desktop, Server and Reader with various versions 7/8/10.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop/Server in creating highly interactive Data Visualization Reports and Dashboards using complex functionalities such as Data Blending, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Maps, Extracts, Context Filters, Sets, Aggregate measures etc.,
- Experience in developing dashboards with different chart types like heatmaps, pie charts, geo maps, tree maps, symbol maps, gnats, scatter plots, line charts, area charts, and donut charts.
- Ability to build dashboards with techniques for analytics with interactive dashboard design with filtering, highlighting, ability to combine multiple data sources, fast creation by a user, easy sharing for visually best practices.
- Strong experience with T - SQL(DDL & DML) in Implementing & Developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Nested Queries, Joins, Cursors, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Creating & Updating tables and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Expertise in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2014/2016 Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2014/2016 Integration Services (SSIS) and in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2014/2016 Analysis Services (SSAS) in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Involved in admin activities like publishing, creation of subscriptions, granting access to users, managing extracts and installations.
- Experience in gathering requirements, analyzing, designing, development, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.
- Successfully developed a Semantic layer using wide range of data sources, created data visualizations and allowed the end-users to interact with the UI dynamically.
- Experience in creating complex visualizations such as creation of Pareto, Control charts, waterfalls, and other built-in charts.
- Preparation of Agile approach and detailed task identification, resource estimation, coordination to prepare project plan.
- Experience in developing High Performance Dashboards, Story points, hierarchy, sorting, complex calculations, Reports/Dashboards
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Analyzed and used Tableau Server system requirements based on many factors, including the number of users and target workload.
- Designed and developed scripts to support UI visualization, ETL processes, automation, and workflow and dashboard presentation framework.
- Tracked Tableau Server Performance for Alerts, Monitoring, Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization
- Experience in developing Teradata databases, manipulating data and making change to dimensions in databases using Teradata Utilities.
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience in Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms.
- Technical & Management ownership of complex Data warehouse and re-engineer existing ETL applications to improve cycle time.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Extensively worked with large database Teradata in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Extensive experience on building real-time Interactive dashboards in Tableau using drilling downs and customizations.
- Expertise in Teradata tools & Utilities like Fast Load, Multi Load, Fast Export, TPump and Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) & BTEQ.
- Created worksheets by implementing different joins (left, inner, right, and outer joins), data blending and custom SQL and data source filters based on business requirements.
- Experience in creating Triggers, Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes and Constraints in T-SQL.
- Expertise in slicing and reshaping data for Tableau.
- Expertise in creating custom views using Tableau Server repository database.
- Extensive experience with SQL Performance tuning and transactions analysis, thorough understanding of indexes and statistics.
- Experience in creating Packages, Jobs and Experience in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP and DTS utility.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes gathering and analyzing business requirements, functional and technical specifications, designing, developing, testing, deploying the applications and providing production support.
- Good knowledge on data modeling (Dimensional and relational) on concepts like Snowflake schema using fact and dimension tables and relational databases (Oracle), MS Excel, MS Access, and DB2.
- Published Tableau dashboard on Tableau Server or Tableau Online and embedded them into portal
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Dropdown menu option and Parameters using Tableau
- Involved in upgrading Tableau platforms in clustered environment and performing content upgrades
- Good Exposure on Power tools for Tableau desktop for Workbook Merge, Data Source Audit, Performance Analyzing and Data Source Discovery.
- Expert in creating semantic layer in tableau desktop and often used data blending to connect to different databases.
- Having hands on experience in Hadoop Big Data processing.
Databases: MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008 R2/ 2014/2016, MYSQL 5.0, Teradata V2R6, DB2, Oracle 9i/11g, 10g, Sybase
Operating Systems: Windows 2007/XP/Vista/2003
BI Tools: Tableau Desktop (10.x/9.x/8.x), Tableau server (10.x/9.x/8.x), Reader, Online, Crystal reports, MS Excel, SSRS
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
SQL Server Tools: SQL server management Studio, BIDS, SQL server profiler, FTP, TOAD.
Data Modeling: Erwin 4.0/3.5.2, Rational Rose
Methodologies: Software Development Life Cycle, Agile, Waterfall, Data Modeling Logical/ Physical/ Dimensional, Snow Flake Schema, ETL
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Collaborated with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models.
- Extensively worked on metadata in Tableau desktop to modify data types, rename fields, joins, assign roles, refresh data and change extract data options to prepare data sources to be used by users.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality and publishing them to tableau server and tableau Online.
- Designed standardized DataMart with aggregated data, calculated metrics to suffice the source data need for various Tableau Reports and worked with ETL developers, DBAs, DataModelers to implement the same in Development, Test and Production environment.
- Translated business logic and rules from the existing system (SQL) to Alteryx.
- Created Alteryx macros in Alteryx designer for reporting and data manipulation.
- Created visual workflows in Alteryx for data blending and analysis using data quality, integration and transformation.
- Implemented the Tableau projects using Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Experience in using tabadmin tools and tabcmd for setting up security profiles for various user groups and users.
- Used SAML for configuration of Tableau Server SSO supplementing Kerberosauthentication on the side.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator.
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Manage the application's users, groups, and integration with Active Directory.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries.
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to troubleshoot performance, scheduling, and server related issues.
- Setup and configuration of Tableau server 10.1 in various environments and used Tableau CMD.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.2, Tableau Desktop 10.0/10.3, Tableau server, SAP HANA, Oracle SQL developer, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, T-SQL, MS Access, Windows 2007 server, Teradata, MS Office 2007.
Confidential, Culver City, CA
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Worked on creating interactive, real-time dashboards using drilling downs and customizations.
- Published Tableau dashboard on Tableau Server and embedded them into portal.
- Worked on setting permissions on content for specific users or group on a per site basis.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes, Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Understand existing business incorporated in Oracle db and come up with workaround functions in Sybase.
- Created custom Locations on Maps using Longitude and Latitudes.
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling huge volume of data.
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data Created organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server. Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Configured Active Directory authentication and enabled SSO.
- Manage the application's users, groups, and integration with Active Directory.
- Experience in taking back ups and restoration of Tableau repository.
- Developed reports in Tableau by connecting to various data sources like MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Excel.
- Fine Tuned SQL Queries for Maximum efficiency and performance.
- Designed a Project for the Downstream, connecting to a huge SQL Database.
- Involved as a technical expert providing input to application design regarding performance tuning and administration requirements.
- Partner with the Technology teams to deliver a stable and highly available reporting platform.
- Experience in designing and development of Tableau visualization solutions and created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards.
- Setup and configuration of Tableau server in various environments and used Tableau CMD and Tableau admin tools to configure the server according to best practices.
- Designed the architecture of Tableau security by customizing the access levels and creating various user groups by assigning row and column level security at application level, folder level and user level
- Expertise in designing and Development of Tableau Visualization Solutions.
- Creating a whole new Open Access Tableau Environment for Opted Projects without Data Privacy Limitations.
- Designed New Interactive Dashboards from existing broken dashboard with higher quality visualizations and best performance.
Environment: Tableau Desktop (8.x/9.x), Tableau Server 9.0.4, SQL, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, T-SQL, Teradata, MS Access, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Confidential, Farmington, CT
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel, Oracle, SQLServer for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Worked with Tableau Box Plots and Trendlines.
- Expertise in working with data building Groups, Hierarchies and sets.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters and Actions.
- Involved in creating interactive, parametrized dashboards by extracting data from different sources using data blending and applying actions - filter, highlight and URL.
- Created dashboard from scratch that included drill-through, filters, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots and Bullet Graphs.
- Wrote complex queries in Teradata SQL assistant to check the data from Source and Target.
- Developed unlinked, on-demand sub reports and linked sub reports using shared variables and complex reports like cross-tab, drill down and hierarchical reports.
- Reviewed and optimized SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Performed Database backups (operating system, flat file backups & export/import).
- Performance tuning and optimization of complex SQL queries using Teradata Explain.
- Created Context filters on the existing filters and Tableau data extract to publish it in server by optimizing it to reduce the report rendering time.
- Performed data analysis on daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled refresh of data based on that business or system change that have happened to ensure that the developed dashboards are displaying accurate and up to-date live data and sent those into production after editing.
- Created organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Validated the reports before publish reports to Tableau server, troubleshoot Tableau reports, dashboards, etc.
- Involved in troubleshooting and performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Participated in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meeting as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.0.6, Tableau Server 8.0.6, SQL, SQL server, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Created different views in workbook to visually analyze data.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data
- Created External filter, internal filter and Context filter to improve performance.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Used dimension on Page shelf for a detailed analysis of the view by members of the dimension.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Created groups and users in Tableau server
- Used commands in Tabcmd and Tabadmin utility tool.
- Implemented new features in Tableau 7 to the existing Workbooks and Dashboards.
- Integrated Cognos and crystal reports to tableau.
- Act as system administrator and is responsible for security, administration, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning and general system maintenance.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Manage the application's users, groups, licenses and integration with Active Directory.
- Administer and support a multi-tier Tableau infrastructure including upgrade analysis and planning, security administration, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and general systems maintenance.
Environment: Tableau Server 7.0/8.0, Tableau Desktop 7.0/8.0, SQL, Oracle 11g, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
Tableau/ BI Developer
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Assisted users to publish and collaborate reports via a web browser & embed Tableau views in other web applications like SharePoint.
- Involved in conducting trainings to user on interact, filter, sort and customize views on an existing visualization generated thru Tableau desktop.
- Extensively involved in identifying and solving the problems by coordinating with senior managers in emergency and normal issues to meet the goals.
- Extensively participated in translating business needs into Business Intelligence reporting solutions by ensuring the correct selection of toolset available across the Tableau BI suite.
- Functional Lead role in defining the dashboard requirements and providing the best practices/approach to perform ETL and publish data to the reports/dashboards.
- Working with User for requirements and part of the team developing the software.
- Publish Tableau workbook to cloud and schedule the refresh of data. Specialized in analyzing the incremental refresh scenarios.
- Formulated and documented ETL process design based on business requirements and system specifications including source to target mappings, data dictionaries and transformations.
- Directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Designed Tableau Workbooks, Tableau Reports, Dashboards and Tableau Administration.
- Scheduled reports debugged issues and provided resolutions for Tableau.
- Done performance tuning to optimize the run time.
- Changed stored procedures according to the new hierarchy.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data using Tableau.
- Involved in designing Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-hoc reports as per the client requirements.
- Optimized the performance of queries by removing unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established Joins and created clustered/non-clustered indexes wherever necessary.
- Created Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules.
- Worked with business analysts to identify, design and implement solutions for extraction and integration of data to and from databases and data marts for the purposes of data extraction and reporting using
- Involved in Performance tuning and Query Optimization by using SQL profiler.
- Resolved deadlocks issues with the databases and servers on a real-time basis.
- Migrated SQL Server databases to latest version 2008 from SQL server 2005.
- Integrated data from homogeneous, heterogeneous sources and legacy systems (SQL, DB2, Excel sources) to SQL server database.
- Responsible for ETL operation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008/2005 and Worked with users in training and support and have experience in incremental data loading. Managed upgrade of DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Implemented SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions) Type I and II for data load.
- Generated performance based reports using SSRS for the managers to show holdings against various measures like time, area, and price-range.
- Created scripts components to write customer functions in dataflow used data grids to display the data in a customized way.
- Created SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages between enterprise databases and Third party data source to transfer data.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to centralized SQL Server databases.
- Designed, developed, modified and enhanced the database structures and database objects
- Helped and supported incident/request mgmt activities for production support.
- Documented and presented the production/support documents for the components developed when handing over the application to the production support team.
Environment: Tableau Desktop developer, Admin, SQL Server, Oracle, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, XML/XSL.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
SQL Server Developer
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of dynamic SSIS packages for ETL (extract, transform, and load) development following company standards and conventions.
- Transferred flat files from different sources to the Staging Area by using SSIS and executed BCP from a package to import all files to pre-staging database.
- Worked on different kinds of Transformations in SSIS as per the client requirements.
- Wrote several SQL Scripts such as finding tables that have Identity Columns, finding tables that do not have primary key to streamline the process of replication.
- Designing Cubes, Star Schema and Data models for Data Warehousing Applications.
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Data Warehousing, Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Worked on the business requirements to change the behavior of the cube by using MDX scripting.
- Worked with database designing physical and logical database design.
- Coordinated with back-end programmers in optimized stored procedures, implemented referential integrity by using triggers, worked on performance tuning.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Windows XP