To work in the Network Operations field leading teams or departments of Network Engineers and projects. I offer 21 years of network management experience following Itil and Six Sigma foundations to surpass the goals of the client and business.
IP Manager/Engineer Solutions Consultant
- Create new best practice process improvements while auditing network assets and engineer design documentation specifications.
- Research, test and integrate custom networking tools in a VM toward utilizing an SDN platform while using several tools to include Solarwinds and Cloud Shell and offering advice for network upgrades and solutions.
- Create new operational standards while partnering with other departments and vendors in supporting a multi - network testing environment.
- Troubleshoot, configure and implement networking devices in the mobility labs for several remote departments for testing.
- Fixed errors in all design documents
- Suggested a networking tool and customized it for network asset control, IPv4 and IPv6 tracking, automated emailed custom alerts and linked to a share point library. I am also the Network administrator of this tool and IP Manager
- Pointed out network issues and access issues and a detailed assessment of what needed to be accomplished according to best practices
Confidential, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Network Engineer Manager
- Provide advanced network support for hospitals, medical centers, and administration offices to include data, wireless and voice.
- Follow strict guidelines in performing operating system upgrades and an advanced level of troubleshooting networks using a variety of tools and systems for the medical industry.
Global Service Desk Manager
- Manage a team of twenty two network engineers for a new client in a 24x7 environment.
- I have kept the team organized and updated on processes and provided training for other new services added weekly.
- With numerous vendors, Confidential ’s and Confidential ’s I developed new processes following ITIL and Six Sigma concepts for categories relating to the services of the account.
- On call for escalated issues as they happen and am always available when needed.
- As Manager of the Confidential Global Service Desk ( Confidential ) which is staffed for continuous service, I was responsible for the Management Group taking ownership of the Incident Management processes in order to resolve normal service as soon as possible for the network and communication services of our client.
- The Confidential will provide the single entry point for ITIL supported processes for multiple products.
- Translation of the Remedy and Confidential Incident Management information received from UK Service Desks into ETMS ticketing systems and vice versa during the period from site MTO until the e-bonding solution is in place.
- Maintain access to the Remedy and Confidential Incident Management Ticketing System
- Monitor identified Incident Management Ticketing System workgroups for new incidents or problems and follow up on root cause analysis
- Take proactive steps to obtain additional information from end users, partners or vendors
- Lead the operations bridge for escalations as required
- Provide points of contact where multi vendor collaboration is required to resolve an incident or problem
- Drive process activities in line with SLAs
- Confirm resolution of incidents with end user before resolving incident in Incident Management ticketing System
- Raise Emergency Change Requests for voice & data services
- Successfully started a new networking team for a new international critical client
- Trained engineers and created career paths to follow to improve their skills
- Updated a previous process improvement white paper I created and Confidential CFO used it to compare with their new process improvement project and is now used throughout Confidential
Confidential, Arlington Virginia
Senior Network Engineer/Lead Systems Solution Consultant
- Provide innovative, network development strategies for federal and commercial clients while researching new networking trends for combining new services with better than best practices.
- Lead engineer for implementing Confidential 6509 switches integrated with Confidential HIPC VOIP services, firewall conversions and edge routers running Confidential BGP services.
- Perform network assessments for clients to focus on performance and upgrades to include network configuration analysis and creating final reports. Provide engineering and design support for client helpdesk VPN services. Volunteered to help with staffing and interviewing Confidential ’s for government contracts.
- As an innovation network specialist I would sit in meetings with executives from other companies trying to partner with us with their products to win government contracts and I would have the first say in approving them or not or using their services in the future.
- Developed new networking services while partnering with vendors and third parties to perform services for clients and being the project manager over such services. In addition, I Accepted projects which professional services couldn’ Confidential do or didn’ Confidential want to do and did them myself.
- Most of the time in this position, I traveled to clients sites to perform assessments of their network or performed other duties depending on the project. I was usually the engineer or project manager of the project leading and taking ownership because I developed the project by the request from the client.
- Created a new service for wireless assessments and implementation
- Led several teams to develop the SOP’s for American Express Headquarters and several of their international locations
- Developed a process improvement service for clients
- Researched networking tools for best use for suggestions to clients needs
- Met with executives from other companies almost weekly to discuss partnering for new government contracts
- Chosen as lead network engineer to be on call and on site for the Beijing Olympics in case the network had trouble
- Always was available on call. A few times I had to fix issues while in my car by using an air card and gaining access to the clients network through a VPN
- On my own time - I created and developed a Confidential Military Mentorship Program with guidance from a few US Senators which won numerous awards for Confidential
Confidential, Wilson, North Carolina
Tier III Support Network Operations Contractor
- Troubleshoot escalated issues passed on to me from the Tier II OCC working on more detailed and complicated problems.
- Equipment includes Nortel Contivity routers, Baystack switches and communication issues with Confidential ’s using copper or fiber connections.
- Peregrine is the ticketing system.
- I also provided advance support and created new processes for several departments.
Confidential, Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
- Provide Advanced Network support in a 24x7 Network Operations Center (NOC) for several global corporate clients WAN/LAN data network.
- I have worked on many networks for high level clients including the Confidential, troubleshooting and providing support for the vendor’s on site who implement Confidential equipment, Rnocs and MMOC’s.
- Experienced with Remedy based trouble-ticketing system including e-bonding, with Confidential router/switch experience. I also have an interim sensitive clearance.