- Information technology professional with over twenty - five years of experience coding, architecting, leading projects, mentoring staff, and working with senior leaders to help define strategic BI roadmaps. Participated in and led all phases of the project lifecycle using both agile and waterfall methodologies, including project estimation and business case, project scheduling and management, requirements analysis, data profiling, high- and low-level designs, construction including iterative prototyping, test script design and execution, change management, production implementation, user training, and development of documentation and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL methodologies including Kimball dimensional data modeling. Expert practitioner experience with Informatica PowerCenter (1.x to 9.x), intermediate experience with Confidential DataStage and SQL Server Integration Services, and light use of Ab Initio. Expert practitioner experience with Oracle RDBMS (7.x to 12.x) including development DBA activities and PL/SQL coding, and intermediate experience with SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, and Red Brick. Experience with data modeling tools such as ErWin, job scheduling software such as Autosys, match/merge software such as FirstLogic, and other utility software such as SyncSort. Strong knowledge of the Unix operating system including shell scripting. Working knowledge of normalization for transactional and operational data. Working knowledge of business intelligence platforms such as Business Objects and Microstrategy.
- Working and academic knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and languages including Java, Visual Basic, Embarcadero Delphi, and C++. Working knowledge of office software including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Experience with the Confidential MVS mainframe platform including COBOL, CICS, APS, Easytrieve, CLIST, ISPF, TSO, JCL, and VSAM, including data transmission between mainframes and Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of data models and business processes in banking and finance and working knowledge of data models and business processes in other industries.
Senior Data Architect
- Participant in a portfolio of projects to enhance the client’s risk management framework, primarily in the area of foreign exchange ( Confidential ) trade surveillance.
- Analysis of data available across the systems involved in the lifecycle of Confidential trades, and defining transformation and integration logic to support execution of surveillance models in third-party platforms such as Actimize as well as ad-hoc reporting via a custom self-service BI platform.
- Creation of the Logical Data Model for a mart to master Legal Entity data for Know Your Customer compliance and other consuming systems. Aided in SQL tuning, regression testing and creation of data quality reports.
- Participated in the design and development of the messaging gateway and infrastructure for Confidential ’s next-generation telematics device.
- Primary responsibility is the Operational Data Store architecture, which uses Java, XML, and MQ technologies to load an Oracle database in near-real-time with binary message packets received from machines transmitting data over cellular and satellite links around the globe. Project uses Oracle and Java.
- Design and development of portions of the Product Electronic Data Warehouse which collects and summarizes information from various legacy telematics modules installed on Confidential equipment around the globe for use by Confidential dealers and engineers. Project used Datastage and Teradata.
- ETL Architect for various projects on the Corporate Investments Technology team including refactoring the mortgage analytics platform and outsourcing the servicing of a subset of the loan portfolio. Project used Oracle and Informatica.
- Helped prepare a business case for enhancing the Testing Center of Excellence reporting environment.
- Data architect on the Enterprise Credit and Market Risk team serving as a liaison between the team and broader enterprise data warehouse and data provisioning initiatives that were occurring at the bank.
- ETL/DB architect on a team responsible for creating a cleansed, consolidated customer master for use during a merger with LaSalle Bank. Project used Oracle and Informatica.
- Novartis, Data Asset Analysis, 2 months
- Wolverine World Wide, Data Asset Analysis, 2 months
- Yankee Candle Company, Inception through Transition, Oracle/PLSQL, 5 months
- Washington Mutual, Household Strategic Marketing Division, Construction and Transition, Oracle/Informatica/Business Objects, 16 months
- ABN AMRO, Inception through Transition and Enhancements, Oracle/Informatica/Business Objects, 30 months
- Wells Fargo, Enterprise Information Services Division, Elaboration, Teradata/Ab Initio/Microstrategy, 4 months
- ALLTEL, Enhancements, Red Brick/SQL scripts, 2 months
- Tracfone Wireless, Enhancements, Oracle/Shell scripts, 4 months
- SciQuest.com, Elaboration and Construction, Oracle/Informatica/Brio, 4 months
- McKinsey & Company, Elaboration and Construction, Red Brick/Informatica/Informix IDS, 4 months
- Consumer Financial Network, Construction, Oracle/Informatica, 4 months
- One of four developers on a team responsible for upgrading the Confidential call center reporting process from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to an enterprise-level client/server reporting environment. The system collected data about customer calls from 22 Aspect Callcenter switches (about 1 million call records a day), assigned line-of-business rules to those calls, and reported that data on an hourly, daily, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- The platform used Red Brick, Oracle, Informatica, Autosys, and Brio.
- Developed and maintained a suite of Microsoft SQL Server and Lotus Notes applications that the Card Products team used to manage service requests, track time, and store project documentation across a user base of about 150 developers, analysts, and managers.
- Became a senior member of the support team for the operational systems for the bank’s credit card product ( Confidential ) and its high-net-worth product (CAP account). Designed coded, and tested numerous enhancements either individually or leading 1-2 other developers including being on the on-call rotation for production support.
- Coded various enhancements for the bank's Mortgage, Deposits, Retirement Reporting, Savings, and Confidential systems.