- 8+ years of extensive IT Experience as a Tableau Developer and BusinessIntelligence applications in Energy, Healthcare, Banking industries.
- Extensive experience in working with TableauDesktop , TableauServer , and Tableau in various versions of Tableau 10.x,9.x/8.x/7.x
- Expertise in Tableau,TableauServer , Tableaucloud , TableauOnline , TableauPublic , TableauReader , Tableaumobile .
- Consulted on Tableau server performance enhancements; upgrades from version 9.0 to 10.3, 10.5 and server reconfiguration based on workbook complexity and data extraction.
- Experience gathering customer requirements, writing test cases and partnering with developers to ensure full understanding of internal/external customer needs.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development sessions with IT Groups & Conflict Management with Project team members.
- In depth understanding of the As - Is and To-Be business processes and experience in converting business requirements into Technical Specifications for preparing Test Plans.
- Experience in TableauServer Installation and Configuration, creating users, groups, projects, providing access levels.
- Employed various Tableau functionalities like TableauExtracts , Parameters , Filters , Contexts , Data Source Filters, Actions, Functions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Calculations, Data Blending and Maps etc.,
- Held responsibility in participating daily activities like building workbooks, dashboard, published on server
- Expertise in Performance Tuning Tableau Dashboards and Reports built on huge Data sources.
- Created actions, customized Relationships, data blending, filters, calculated fields, parameters, hierarchies, groupings, sorting, live and extract connections, Drill down analysis and in-memory in tableau.
- Extensive experience in creating logical tables and columns, Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Time series data for complex data analysis.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantt charts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Performed auto-incremental refresh tasks for extracts of data on Tableau Online sync application and to maintain local network
- Expertise in web integration of Tableau Reports with HTML or Asp.Net .
- Connected to Tableau Postgre SQL database to create customized interface for Tableauworkbooks to provide native intranet style navigation.
- Created various Mappings by using different kinds of transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Join, Lookup, Filter, Rank, Sequence Generator, Stored Procedure, Router, Normalize, Transformations.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and processing, writing data extract scripts / programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Built Operational Dashboards strictly focused on tracking operational and financial performance
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic Visualizations Parameters using Tableau .
- Excellent experience in designing, developing, implementation of the Data marts, Data Structures , Stored Procedures, Functions, Data warehouse tables, views, Materialized Views, Indexes at Database level using SQL and Oracle .
- Experience in development of user defined reports to provide on demand data analysis using excel, and created charts and pivot tables in Excel .
- Working knowledge of performance improvement measures including aggregate tables, Indexes and Explain plan.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries to perform End-to-End ETL validations and support Ad-hoc business requests.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling Dimensional Relational concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Held responsibility in Setting up security profiles for various user groups and users using Tab admin and Tabcmd Tools.
- Performed Tableau server REST API to manage and handle Tableau server resources
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server with appropriate access to teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
BI Tools: Tableau Suite of Tools includes Desktop, Server, Online, Public and Administration of Tableau Server.
Reporting Tools: Tableau (Desktop/Server), Micro Strategy (Desktop/WEB), SSRS, DWH, Business Intelligence.
Data Integration (ETL) Tools: Informatica Power Center, SSIS
Modeling Tools: Power Designer, Erwin, ER Studio, MS Visio, OBIEE
SQL Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, Rapid SQL, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, SSMS, Configuration Manager, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer Profiler, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Database Tuning Advisor.
RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, OLAP, SQL Server, DB2, Mongo, Access etc
UI Tools: CICS, ROSE, PUTTY, Visible Analyst, Lotus Notes
Documentation: Documentum, SharePoint, HP Quality Center.
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control M
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows 7/XP/2000, 2008/2003, Windows 9x
SQL Programming: SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL
Statistical Tools: MS-Excel, MS-Office
Data Modelling tools: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Join Schema modeling, Snowflake modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, ERWIN, Oracle Designer and MS Visio
- Interacted with Business users, BusinessAnalysts to understand reporting requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Involved in the development of new TableauDashboards and publishing them to TableauServer.
- Effectively involved in the data migration from Teradata server to MySQLServer of other reporting Systems.
- Effectively involved in the administration of TableauServer.
- Involved in the upgrade of Tableauserver to its new version
- Build many Tableau reports using Bar Chart, side-by-side bars, stacked bars, maps, tree map, pie charts, line charts, interactive reports using TableauDesktop and Dashboard.
- Developed Tableauworkbooks using DataBlending feature which involves the integration of multiple data sources like relational database and flat files.
- Involved in the different Dashboard actions like URL Filters, Action Filter and User Filters.
- Performed different calculations like Quick table calculations, Date Calculations, Aggregate Calculations, String and Number Calculations.
- Build Tableau Dashboards on different sources like Oracle Database, Flat Files (excel, csv) and OLAP database.
- Generated Tableau Dashboards with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fieldsonTableau reports.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields, to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Developed and reviewed SQLqueries with use of join clauses in TableauDesktop for validating static and dynamic data for data validation
- Involved in the development of back end (Oracle) to fulfill the UI requirement.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data.
- Worked in the application UI to present to the end users with Tableau dashboards and visualizations in multiple platforms.
- Created Tableau data extracts (. tde) files to import dashboard users from csv file to TableauServer using ExtractAPI.
- Involved in the creation of Users and User Groups in the Tableauserver.
- Worked on Tableau Command line tools tabadmin for Configuration settings in tableau Server and tabcmd for users, group's creation.
- Effectively involved in the maintenance of DataServer, metadata management, creating shared Data sources and publishing them to TableauServer.
- Involved in creating Project workbench and published the reports as Object Package to BI Platform.
- Created Teradata External loader connections such as MLoad, Upsert, Update, and Fastload while loading data into the target tables in Teradata Database.
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and development warehouse using BTEQ, FASTEXPORT, MULTILOAD and FASTLOAD.
- Created TD Objects like Tables, Views and used TeradataMacros for various Teradata analytic functions with the usage of techniques like RANK, ROWNUMBER and Ordered Analytical functions.
- Automate TeradataSQL Jobs in LINUX using Shell scripting.
- Involved in Performance tuning, including collecting statistics, analyzing Explain Plan& determining which tables needed statistics.
- Experience in scripting using Python.
Environment: Tableau desktop 10.4/10.5/2018.1 , Tableau Server, Alteryx, Azure, SQL Server 2014, Oracle 11g, FACETS, Salesforce, AWS, MongoDB, Tortoise SVN,MongoDB, Teradata,Python
- As Tableau Developer, primary activities included designing technology roadmap for Tableau; product installation and implementation development of insightful dashboards; serving as SME point of contact for Tableau and delivery of solutions adhering to BI industry best practices.
- Solving P1 issues for the users in the production.
- Implemented row level security for the tableau dashboards and used various advanced table calculations for the dashboards.
- Created and maintained SOX documentation required for critical financial file systems.
- Mentored and trained less tenured Business Analysts for their development.
- Use tools such as SQL and Insync for investigation of issues and work closely with our Actuarial and Underwriting Customers.
- Managed projects ranging from large to small.
- Created, maintained and queried relational database (MSAccess). Understand and use SQL regularly for problem analysis.
- Member of a team that created the proof of concept for the selection of the ETL tool (BI tool). Sat with vendors and evaluated vendor tools during the proof of concept.
- A member of the team that designed and created the infrastructure for a DataStore which was used for conversion and routing of information created outside of the company and moved to Safeco data source.
- Created specifications for the conversion of data outside of Safeco into legacy data. Learned and understood complexities of outside systems and was able to convert into Safeco terms.
- Work and communicate daily across departmental boundaries.
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team member of the data warehousing initiative - conducted interviews with high level management about their data warehousing needs.
- Willingness to learn new technologies. Enjoy working on the technical side as well leading project efforts.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on TableauServer.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau Server.
- Implemented action filters, parameters, calculated filed and set for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Created solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including Crosstab's, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau Desktop.
- Created Adhoc reports to users in TableauDesktop by connecting various data sources, multiple views and associated reports. Used Excel, flat files, CSV files to create TableauAdhoc reports.
- Design interactive dashboards in TableauDesktop and published them to TableauServer.
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work independently and deliver around tight timelines.
- Coordinate with multiple technology teams on production releases and related administrative tasks.
- Able to thrive in an environment that requires flexibility and multi-tasking.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.5/10.3, Tableau Server 9.3, MS Office Suite, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Ms-Excel, MDX, DAX, OLAP Cubes, Microsoft Analysis Services.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Created Tableau dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts etc. using show me functionality.
- Created interactive data visualizations in Tableau, using relational and aggregate data sources.
- Created complex dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations and drill down and drill up in worksheets and customization using filters and actions.
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python programming language.
- As a TableauSME, responsible for the design, development and production support of interactive data visualizations used across the company.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Provide Support to Business users in BusinessObjects Reporting.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve ROI of marketing activities by analyzing customer behavior.
- Implemented metrics, filters, reports, dashboards and also created advanced chart types, using calculations to manipulate the data and enable user driven parameters for visualizations and drilled down level of detail using sets.
- Developed interactive views with action/highlight filters to track-manage-correct system entry errors which provided strategic insights to Finance leaders, that helped decrease the faulty inputs into their projects software.
- Implemented workbooks to display Year to Date, Month to Date, Quarter to Date analysis for Operational expenses for IT leaders based on Accounts, and generated bullet graphs.
- Implement complex formulas, calculations & Level of detail (LOD) within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Created advance connections, join new tables, create & manage Extract and Monitor Queries using SQL Assistant.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirement to replicate the ECC content in HANA using data provisioning.
- Involved in gathering the requirements, collecting sample data, created models (Attribute views/Analytic views/ Calculation view) using SAPHANA Studio, created universes using IDT, create reports using
- SAP BO Tools - Webi, Crystal Reports for Enterprise
- Created Technical specifications and standard modeling documents for HANA.
- SAP SLT configuration for real time reporting from ECC system.
- Building models in HANA Enterprise like Attribute Views/Analytic Views & Calculation Views
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Designed and developed ETL routines, using Informatica Power Center within the Informatica Mappings, usage of Lookups, Aggregator, Mapplets, connected and unconnected stored procedures / functions / Lookups, SQL overrides usage in Lookups and source filter usage in Source qualifiers and data flow management into multiple targets using Routers were extensively done.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Connected Tableau to various databases and performed live data connections, query auto updates on data refresh.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.5/10.3, Tableau Server 9.3, MS Office Suite, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Informatica, Teradata, MS Excel.
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
System Analyst /Tableau Developer
- Work with internal management and team members to understand and clarify reporting requirements / needs.
- Partnered with peers internal and external to the team to assess and recommend opportunities to derive additional BusinessValue out of existing Data Marts .
- Use advanced data visualization tools to provide an easy to understand interface for end users to quickly identify key themes within their data.
- Identify key business metrics measurements and develop methods to represent data in support of the measurements.
- Provide guidance and insight on data visualization and dashboard design best practices in Tableau
- Used Tableau Desktop for blending databases and creating different interactive views and dashboards.
- Performed development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment.
- Created extract files for improving the performance. Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets. Created various types of charts to provide better visualization.
- Assisted in mapping of server nodes for Tableau server deployments.
- Using Tableau Desktop created Interactive reporting dashboards by combining multiple views.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non- geographic data using JavaAPI scripting.
- Embedded Tableau reports/dashboards on to the external web pages.
- Provide innovative solutions, and deliver improved upon methods of data presentation by focusing on the Business need and the BusinessValue of the solution.
- Looked for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices for BI development
- Actively involved in the creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logins.
- Maintain thorough and rigorous documentation related to all ETL changes, Metadata, database server configuration, operation, and database change management.
- Expertise in creating, developing and designing SSIS package to Extract , Transform and load ( ETL ) data into data warehouse from data source such as Flat files, XML file, OLE DB Source , ADONETSource , RawFile , ODBC , Excelfiles .
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server) 7.x/8.x, Teradata, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Java API, Putty, UNIX, Microsoft (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).
- Used SAS Proc SQLpass-throughfacility to connect to Oracle tables and created SAS datasets using various SQL joins such as left join, right join, inner join and full join.
- Performing data validation, transforming data from RDBMS oracle to SAS datasets.
- Produce quality customized reports by using PROC TABULATE, PROC REPORT Styles, and ODS RTF and provide descriptive statistics using PROC MEANS, PROC FREQ, and PROC UNIVARIATE.
- Performed advanced querying using SAS Enterprise Guide, calculating computed columns, using afilter, manipulate and prepare data for Reporting, Graphing, and Summarization, statistical analysis, finally generating SAS datasets.
- Involved in Developing, Debugging, and validating the project-specific SAS programs to generate derived SAS datasets, summary tables, and data listings according to study documents.
- Created datasets as per the approved specification collaborated with project teams to complete scientific reports and review reports to ensure accuracy and clarity.
- Experienced in working with data modelers to translate business rules/requirements into conceptual/logical dimensional models and worked with complex de-normalized and normalized data models
- Performed different calculations like Quick table calculations, Date Calculations, Aggregate Calculations, String and Number Calculations.
- Good expertise in building dashboards and stories based on the available data points.
- Expertise in Agile Scrum Methodology to implement project life cycles of reports design and development
- Combined Tableau visualizations into Interactive Dashboards using filter actions, highlight actions etc. and published them on the web.
- Gathering business requirements, creating business requirement documents (BRD /FRD).
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights
- Working with themanager to prioritize requirements and preparing reports on theweekly and monthly basis.
Environment: :SQL Server, Oracle 11g/10g, MS Office Suite, PowerPivot, Power Point, SAS Base, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/ODS, SQL, PL/SQL, Visio.
- Interacted with End user community to understand the business requirements and analyzed them and designed specification document.
- Gathered Requirements and performed Business Analysis and documented all the data after pulling the data from databases.
- Hands-on experience in analyzing the data and writing Custom MySQL queries for better performance, joining the tables and selecting the required data to run the reports.
- Restricted data for Users using row level security and use filters.
- Utilized technology such as MySQL and Excel PowerPivot to query test data and customize end-user requests.
- SQL scripts were developed and triggers, cursors are written.
- Data Validation is done timely to check whether the data is correct and clean.
- The reports will be generated by tracking, compiling and extracting the data.
- Scheduled the sessions to extract, transform and load data into the warehouse database as per Business requirements. Improved the session performance by pipeline partitioning.
- Extensively used ETL and SAP BODS to load data from Oracle, flat files into the target SAP system.
- Involved in fixing invalid Mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Testing of Sessions, Batches and the Target Data.
- Re-engineer existing Informatica ETL process to improve performance and maintainability.
- Developed, executed and tested BODS jobs per business requirements.
- SQL Query performance tuning is used to identify tables and understanding the performance of the database tables.
- Mapping of business requirements to Business Data Model and understanding of system analyst in Canonical Mapping.
- SQL Server Reporting Service is used to handle reporting of Designed Hierarchy dimensions.
Environment: :MS Excel, MS Word, Agile, MS Visio, SQL server, Oracle 10g, DB2, SAP BODS.