- Around 6+ years of experience in Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Platforms.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC phases such as Requirement analysis, design, development, implementation, deployment and maintenance with strong understanding of methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative& Incremental, Evolutionary prototyping and Agile.
- Extensive knowledge in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors.
- Experiences on Tableau 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x tools include Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader, Tableau Public, and Tableau Server.
- Skilled Table au front - end BI developer integrated with multiple back-end databases and other various data sources
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations such as bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, maps, funnel charts, lollypop charts, donuts, bubbles, etc. making use of actions and other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects such as Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Filters, Actions, Calculated Fields, Sets, Groups, Bins, and Parameters etc.
- Experience in creating workbooks and dashboards using Tableau that includes tools like Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader
- Excellent understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Translating Requirements into Specifications and Application Design.
- Developed dash boards with rich Graphic visualizations, Drill Down and Drop-down menu options, parameterized using Tableau.
- Proficient in migrating workbooks between different environments in Tableau server using Tabcmd
- Experience in Tableau Projects (involved in the complete lifecycle from requirement gathering, data modeling - scripting, developing and testing dashboards using Tableau)
- Possess strong knowledge of database management in writing SQL queries using complex joins, grouping, aggregation, nested sub queries, and resolving key performance issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relational skills. Proven communication, presentation skills and leadership qualities.
- Knowledge to design right solutions with appropriate combination of Azure and custom technologies for deploying on Azure cloud.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Built data warehouse for Microsoft Adventure works 2012 database
- Created a Star Schema (Facts & Dimensions) using Extract, Transform, Load process (SSIS).
- Developed & loaded a dimensional model Data warehouse which is useful for OLAP purposes.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and generated different reports and graphs.
Business Intelligence: Tableau 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader, Tableau Server, Informatica, Alteryx, Power BI
Languages: Python, Oracle SQL, R, SAS, Shell Scripting, SQL-queries
Other ETL/Reporting Tools: SSIS, DTS, Asset Control BI, Informatica Power Center, R Studio, Microsoft Azure ML, JMP, Minitab, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , DB2, MySQL, Azure
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/7, Windows NT/2000, Server 2003, Vista,7, Unix, Linux
Tools: Toad, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Workbench, SAS/ES, Anaconda, Oracle, SQL Server
FTP Tools: FileZilla, CuteFTP, Putty, FTP Commander
Applications: Advanced MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Access, Adobe Dreamweaver, Apache Cordova, Spyder 3
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Tableau Developer/Business Analyst
- Captured requirements by white boarding with BA's and Product Managers
- Developed clutter free Tableau dashboards for various product lines and departments
- Set up tableau data sources and refresh schedules in server
- Played many key roles in this project like Developer, Analyst, Level 3 (L3) support.
- Designed clean, easy to use, intuitive dashboards considering end user needs
- Effectively utilized Tableau features like parameters, calculated fields, filters to provide efficient data visualization solutions to the customer.
- Effectively used Tableau Marks to visualize data
- Used Custom SQL to manage complex data requirements from legacy systems and OLTP/OLAP systems
- Upgraded the existing server version to Tableau 10.4 and successfully migrated existing workbooks and data sources
- Worked extensively in creating dashboards using Tableau Desktop and published them on Tableau Server. Involved in the administrative tasks of Tableau server like installations, upgrades, user & user groups creation and set up of security features
- Tableau dashboard layouts were effectively used to give interactive visual analysis experience to the end user.
- Handled the huge data volume by using Tableau extracts
- Used advanced concepts - blending, LOD to meet the customer requirements
- Used dashboard filter actions, forecasting, table calculations to meet user requirements.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for daily and monthly increments
- Experience in setting up and using background image as Map
- Worked with the data architects and ETL team to finalize the data model and transformations for the data mart
- Assisted QA team in understanding business process and helped them in successful completion of Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Defined and used best practices for Tableau UI design
- Coordinate with user to gather the reporting requirements.
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data by using SSIS.
- Extracted source data from flat files, Oracle and loaded to Dimensions in Oracle.
Environment: Tableau Server, Tableau 9.x, Tableau 10.4, ETL, SQL Server, Oracle 10, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Website Design/Development using WordPress
- Worked on a Project using Microsoft Access to create a Customer Tracking System to track customers, their status and information.
- Requirements Gathering and Analysis for the Customer Tracking System.
- Gathered requirements from users and created requirement documents.
- Involved in the administration tasks of Tableau server like installations, upgrades, user, user groups creation and setting up security features.
- Extensively gathered information by conducting walkthrough, workshop, brainstorming sessions and surveys. Identified the business requirements, analyzed and prioritized these requirements that should be included in advantage.
- Worked with database connections, joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Extensively used various techniques like Multiple Breaks, Sorting, Ranking, Report Filtering, Query Filtering, Alters and sections, if conditions while developing and creating the report’s.
- Prepared technical documentation for the reports in the process of migrating from development to production Environment.
- Also worked on querying /pulling data extracts (using SQL Server / MS Access) during the Data Cleansing / Migration phase of the project.
- Developed advanced queries using SQL to deliver or improve; process automation, data integrity, and adherence to business rule requirements.
- Managed & worked on secured Access databases. Creation of Access Forms (using VBA code) to update Oracle database & to pull reports as per requirements.
- Creation of customized Excel reports using VBA code with Access & Oracle databases as the Data source
Environment: MS Access, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, WordPress, MS Excel, Tableau Desktop 10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Business Intelligence Developer/Tableau Developer
- Interacting with business stakeholders to understand their decision-making parameters, analyzing the available data to build Tableau Dashboards and managing the delivery
- Using Tableau, created multiple rich dashboards visually telling stories of the business status, strength & weakness, potentials etc., also interact with data as necessary
- Provided BSC to the management analyzing KPI from Financial, Customer, Internal process.
- Embedded live Tableau dashboards on PowerPoint presentations, keeping the slides always updated
- Delivered dashboards tracking viewership, HUT and Advertising sales for a Media channel.
- Setup stand alone and distributed Tableau Server to publish and distribute dashboards easily
- Participated in discussions for Tableau Server architecture design on Cloud, enhancing performance, scalability and high availability
- Understanding of considerations for large scale architecting, solutioning and operationalization of data warehouses, data lakes and analytics platforms on AZURE.
- Participated in regular Technical Reviews, Defect review and walkthrough meetings with important project & business stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and SQL Scripts using MS SQL.
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS Packages/projects to move data from source to destination by using Visual Studio 2012
- Developed and reviewed custom SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right, full) in Tableau desktop to validate and reconcile data.
- Created various complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, CLR Procedures, Views, Cursors and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
Environment: Tableau 9.x, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Oracle DB, MySQL Server, Microsoft Office
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
- Had the opportunity to add numerous products to Confidential ’s online catalog
- Communicating to the Vendor regarding any issues/difficulties or products they want to sell on Confidential
- Verifying product information and creating ASINs (unique ID) before setting up the product online.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills in handling the data related to product and vendors
- Coordinated with client’s BI teams to deploy Tableau workbooks to Tableau servers owned by the BI team environments.
- Experience in validating and Analyzing data in worksheets using sorting, filtering, Vlookup, Hlookup, creating PIVOT tables and PIVOT charts, Index techniques.
- Creating user friendly reports in MS Excel (Highly proficient in pivot tables, v-lookups, linking of sheets, charts etc.),
- Involved in analyzing the data using PIVOT tables, Vlookup in excel sheet by saving reports in excel format from WEBI.
Environment: Business Intelligence (BI), Tableau, Microsoft Office
- Worked on multiple Mobile applications, games and simulations.
- Built, Tested and Deployed high level client projects.
- Worked as part of the team for gathering and analyzing the requirements.
- Handled projects individually and independently.
- Involved in the complete lifecycle of projects from requirement gathering, designing, developing and testing the application.
- Experience adding various plugins, ads etc., for the application.
- Performed optimization to improve speed, size and efficiency of the application.
- Hands on knowledge in porting mobile application to different platforms (using Unity).
- Performed debugging and testing on several projects to meet the deadline and align with the firm’s need.
- Handled Game Play Programming to improve the design and game play of the application.
- Worked on multiple projects at the same time within the team and handled multiple tasks.
- Involved in the development of custom stored procedures, functions.
- Involved in the optimization of SQL queries which resulted in substantial performance improvement for the conversion processes.
- Developed SSIS Packages for migrating data from different Staging Area.
- Implemented the Master Child Package Model for easier maintenance and better performance of SSIS Packages.
- Handled Full load and refresh load via staging tables in the ETL Layer.
- Installed and administered Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Team Foundation Server.