- 12+ years of experience in the field of Data Integration and Business Intelligence through phases of system design, capacity planning, prototyping, risk management, implementation and post production support.
- Designed and documented the maintenance of DWH life cycle processes by creating standard templates for solution architecture, Data architecture, Functional specification and technical specifications.
- Worked on Appliance migration projects for Netezza, Teradata and Exadata - Proto typing, Capacity Planning, Implementation and Post Implementation Support.
- Involved in design of data warehouse/ data mart, ODS, OLAP and OLTP layers to address operational/ reporting needs.
- Experienced in different phases of SDLC - Analysis, Design, Development, Performance, Trouble shooting, handling operational activities and SLA’s
- Experienced in designing data virtualization layers for business users for consumption of data.
- Designed and implemented frame work, Quality and Audit controls to be used across multiple projects.
- Experience in using Informatica ETL tool Power Center, Power Exchange 8, Analyst, Administrator and in integration of various from Databases like Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, DB2 and formats like flat-files, CSV files, COBOL files and XML files.
- Experienced in developing PL/SQL components and Unix Shell Scripts for the automation of ETL processes and using schedulers like AutoSys, Ctrl-M, Maestro and Tivoli.
- Experienced with SOA Integration and worked on JMS, MQ Series on Near Real Time applications.
- Experience in Financial, Insurance, Manufacturing, and Health care domains.
- Conducted training sessions for Informatica and mentored junior members in the team.
- Experience working in water fall /agile environment and a certified Scrum Master.
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills
Operating Systems: RED HAT LINUX, UNIX (SOLARIS8, AIX, HP) & Window XP/7
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, C/C++, Java, R, Python, Shell scripting
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, Exadata, Netezza, SQL Server, DB2 UDB 7.2, MS Access
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.2, Informatica Power Exchange, Data Stage, Ab Initio
BI Tools: Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, Micro Strategy, MS-Excel
Data Modelling Tools: Erwin, Visio 2000 Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflakes Modeling, ER Studio Data Architect
Consultant, Plano, TX
- Worked on Treasury Authorized data store ( Confidential ) Project and involved in generating and validating compliance and regulatory reports.
- Involved in the design of Data mart and provision for downstream from Treasury Data Store.
- Involved in up gradation of Informatica to 9.6 and the standardization which included the network connectivity with up streams and downstream partners.
- Involved in review of BRD and in creating technical design document.
- Lead the ETL effort and supported through the phases of technical design, development, testing, deployment and production support activities.
- Supported application in Production and involved in planning and implementation of Outage/DR tasks.
- Worked on Shell scripts for Scheduling, Batch framework, sftp or file watcher/ validation purposes.
- Responsible for deployment of ETL & Linux components through all the lower environments.
- Worked on Maintaining the perforce versions and validation of the components in the perforce using automated scripts.
- Used SQL extensively for data validations and reporting.
- Worked closely with DBA’s on analyzing the performance through OEM console and in improving the performance of the ETL Processes.
- Worked on scheduling AutoSys jobs and maintaining them during monthly production releases.
- Worked in Agile mode and involved in Sprint planning & demo sessions.
Technical Environment: Informatica 9.6, Oracle 11g, Exadata, SQL Server, Teradata, AutoSys, SQL Assistant, Toad, ER Studio, Visio
ETL Architect, Dallas, TX
- Worked on different phases of projects like Scoping, Solution Architecture, Design and development.
- Worked closely with DBA group in configuration and set up of Netezza Appliance.
- Worked end-end on a process from interacting with Business users (Nursing Informatics group) in understanding the Business requirement, deriving the technical specifications for the Business use cases, solution architecture and implementation.
- Lead the ETL effort and was responsible for maintaining the ETL Standards (Informatica, DB, UNIX and Tivoli).
- Worked with Business users in deriving the functionality from report mock ups, identifying the technical solution and in providing direction to the Cognos/BI team.
- Responsible for reviewing the requirements, data profiling and directed the team through test driven development approach.
- Worked on Planning, testing and upgrading of Informatica from 8.6 to 9.1.
- Used SQL extensively to perform data profiling and validation. Mentored team to use Informatica developer/ Analyst tool for profile reports.
- Maintained common & re-usable code components for logging and Audit purposes.
- Responsible for performing Gap/Impact analysis of source system and Health care compliance updates and in preparing effort estimates.
- Worked on Road Map for Appliance data migration
Technical Environment: Informatica 9.5/8.6, Data Stage, Oracle 11g, Netezza, SQL Server, Tivoli, SQL Developer, Erwin, Service Now
ETL Architect, Columbus, OH
- Involved in Enterprise Architecture discussions related to data storage, ETL (Informatica) Process, Template Standardization (Technical documentation, Database/ Migration requests), Informatica/data base upgrade planning.
- Validated the Audit, Error Handling and data storage/archival mechanisms (Implemented in Informatica) across all projects and defined the standards for saving the data in different SCD Patterns.
- Used ER Studio Data Architect to analyze different data models, identify the differences between the models, and convert to a different database.
- Worked with DBA’s to improvise the process of data purge mechanism for the Staging layer, Responsible for the maintenance of database scripts and the creation of various database objects across all the environments.
- Acted as a liaison between the business group and the technical group in understanding the business requirements and the impact to the existing model(IDR Layer- SAS Model)
- Was responsible for preparing SAD (Solution Architecture document) and Technical Design Document.
- Performed impact analysis to identify the impact of source system update to the data model/ IDR Layer, ETL (Informatica) Process and worked on estimation effort and Change Request.
- Worked on continuous mode with the data governance in identifying and maintaining the master data in IDR Layer.
Technical environment: Informatica 9.5/8.6, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, SQL Developer, and ER Studio Data Architect
- Was responsible for Administering the Informatica environment and code migrations.
- Involved in requirement gathering and Data quality meetings and designed the ETL flows to move the data from the source files to the data warehouse.
- Lead the ETL effort and conducted learning sessions to mentor team members(new to ETL)
- Designed the Audit process using Informatica and UNIX validation scripts for Data validations and for ETL Process validation.
- Conducted code reviews and tuned the ETL code for performance issues.
- Created re-usable components for Audit and data validation which can be reused in other applications. Created Shortcuts and was responsible for maintaining all coding standards.
- Owned and maintained all the Technical Documents related to ETL Implementation like Technical Specification Document, Coding and Development Guidelines document, Migration template.
- Created a test driven development approach and validated the test cases.
- Conducted training sessions for the team on the use of re-usable components and the other features in Informatica.
Technical environment: Informatica 9.5/8.6, Oracle 11g, SQL Developer, Putty, AIX, and WINSCP
- Gathered requirements and was responsible for the creation of design and technical specification documents.
- Built prototypes based on the user requirements and in finalizing the requirement document.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of each file at the receiving end from the processing standpoint.
- Created Data Stage jobs to extract data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and loaded into Data Warehouse. Designed jobs using different parallel job stages such as Join, Merge, Lookup, Filter, Funnel, Dataset, and Aggregator.
- Responsible for maintaining several documents like Technical Design Documents, Best practices documents, Data Stage Naming Conventions document, ETL methodology, Deployment Guide and Post Implementation Operational Guides.
- Created test protocols and test cases for the documentation of the complete testing process. Involved in the unit testing, integration testing of the processes and documented the test results.
- Created the design and technical specification document from the analysis of PL/SQL objects on a Teradata migration project and for loading various matrices into customer profitability data mart.
- Involved in the requirement analysis, Prototype loading of data mart and interaction with the users for loading the data mart.
- Developed Informatica flows for the conversion of existing PL/SQL packages to Teradata.
- Created mapplets and reusable transformations and Worked extensively on shortcut objects and in maintain the source and Target folders for PSA, ODS and DW.
- Sourced data from different databases including Oracle, SQL Server, and Teradata and in making the SQL's compatible for the conversion of ETL flows to Teradata. Used Loader utilities to load data into Teradata.
- Worked on XML and Flat Files and used XML parser to parse the XML files. Created test protocols and test cases for the documentation of the complete testing process. Used various tasks in the workflow including session, email, decision, command, event wait and email tasks.
- Used parameter files to define workflow parameters, server variables, and mapping parameters. Developed UNIX Shell Scripts for FTP and archiving purposes.
Technical environment: Informatica 9.5/8.6, Teradata, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, SQL Developer, XML Spy, Putty, and Winscp
- Designed and lead the development process on multiple projects - Nationwide Bank, Visibility, and Email Harvesting. Created the technical design document and coordinated with the testing team in developing the test cases.
- Worked with Analysts to update the technical design and data mapping documents on an ongoing basis to sync up with the functional specifications.
- Mentored junior developers in Informatica and guided through the development phase. Worked on setting up JMS and MQ Series connectivity and used Informatica to send and receive messages from the Queue.
- Developed UNIX scripts for FTP and archiving purposes. Used pushdown optimization to improve the performance of the ETL process. Worked with complex XSD and used Informatica to read and generate XML messages.
- Used Informatica XML generator, XML Parser, XML Source Qualifier, Transaction generator transformations. Worked on shortcut objects and folders and was responsible for maintaining the coding standards across the project folder.
Technical environment: Informatica 8.6, Netezza, DB2, SQL Developer, XML Spy, Putty, and Winscp
- Lead the development effort and created the test plan execution.
- Responsible for the code review and day-day activities of the development team.
- Used Tidal scheduling to execute the ETL Flows from power shell scripts.
- Used parameter files to define workflow parameters, server variables, and mapping parameters.
- Created unit test plans to test the applications from end to end and reviewed the test scripts and test case results.
- Used Hyperion Interactive Studio for data validation and ad hoc querying.
- Used External procedure transformation for Error Processing and to track the error messages.
- Developed mappings using various transformations including Normalizer, SQL Transformation, Router, Union, XML Parser, and XML Generator. Created mapplets for reuse of the same functionality across multiple mappings.
- Used various tasks in the workflow including session, email, decision, assignment, event wait and email tasks. Used parameter files to define workflow parameters, server variables, and mapping parameters.
- Worked on and generating XML Files using XML Generator. Developed reusable sessions and tasks for use in multiple processes. Worked extensively on shortcut objects.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts for FTP, backup, and scheduling of Informatica jobs.
- Responsible for the code review and day-day activities of the offshore team. Interacted with the business users to track changes and to convert them into technical specifications.
- Worked on optimizing the performance of Informatica processes. Developed PL/SQL procedures using Analytical functions in oracle.
- Coordinated with the reporting team for reports built on multiple applications and with the enhancements requested by the business teams.
- Responsible for the code Migration across all environments and tracking of the changes through ECMS Requests. Provided on call production support.
Technical environment: Informatica 8.5, Oracle 11g, SQL Developer 1.5.1, AIX, Putty, WINSCP, Embarcadero DB Artisan, ERWIN, Cognos, Rational Clear Case, and ECMS.
- Supported multiple applications simultaneously including ARGUS CDH, Collections, IACS, Flex America and Billing Reports. Worked with the Trizetto Facets including subscriber, member, group, product, billing information, and front end use.
- Developed new applications as well as remediating existing applications from FACETS 4.3 to FACETS 4.5.1 using Informatica. Responsible for unit and integration testing of various applications. Provided support to applications by fixing defects on a regular basis.
- Developed complex Informatica mappings and workflows to maintain data in real time with ARGUS (Care First’s Pharmacy Benefit Administrator Vendor).
- Used various workflow tasks such as session, command, decision and email. Used Informatica versioning to maintain versions of various Informatica objects like mappings, mapplets, sources, targets, workflows and tasks.
- Responsible for preparing the SDS (Technical Specification) and SRS (Functional Speciation) documents and uploading them on SharePoint. Used Team Track to process the migration and change control requests.
- Converted the code from PL/SQL Packages and Procedures into Informatica mappings.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts using awk utility to extract the required information from the log files and to produce the reports. Used JCL to schedule the Informatica workflows from Mainframes and browsing on ISPF. Extracted data from MQ Series using the JMS application connection and application source qualifier.
Technical environment: Informatica 8.1.1, Oracle 10g, Sun OS 5.8, Windows NT/XP, MS Access, SQL Developer 1.5.1, Reflection, Team Track, and Mercury Quality Center.