- Interacted with the business users (Subject Matter Experts, Managers, Developers, BA’s, QA’s, end users) and IT team to gather the data requirements.
- Experienced in working with different data sources ranging from Flat files to Excel files.
- Experienced in working with advanced Excel features (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Reporting) to analyze data.
- Skilled in using pandas in python for performing exploratory data analysis.
- Expertise in Data Modeling using ER - Win and Visio to create Physical and Logical Data Models.
- Experienced writing SQL/Hive QL queries, transforming data in the data warehouse for providing data summarization, ad-hoc query, and analysis of large datasets.
- Familiar with Data Cleaning and Data Profiling/Data Auditing to examine the existing database and remove the inaccurate records from the tables.
- Wrote SQL queries using joins, aggregate functions, stored procedures to extract data from multiple tables and performance tuning.
- Performed Source-to-Target Mappings (STM’s) using different transformations in SQL Server SSIS designer to ensure the data quality.
- Familiar with Data Validation to ensure that the extracted data from different sources is correct and useful.
- Created custom reports for better understanding of theKPI’s (Revenue, Profitability) using SQL ServerReporting Services (SSRS) and Tableau.
- Created ad-hoc, drill down, Drill across, Linked Reports meeting the business requirement.
- Designed and developed the dashboards using filters, parameters in Tableau.
- Strong understanding of the Principles of Data Warehousing, Fact tables, Dimension tables, Star and Snowflake schema modeling.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business processes with hands-on experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and various methodologies like Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
BI Tools: Tableau, Qlik Sense, IBM Watson Analytics, Power BI, Integration Services(SSIS) Analysis Services(SSAS), Reporting Services(SSRS)
ER: Win, MS Visio
Database: SQL Server 2012, 2014, Oracle, MySQL
Development Tools: SSMS, SSDT, SharePoint, Microsoft Azure
T: SQL Programming, Python Programming, R Programming
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS,WordPress
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Interacted with stakeholders and business users to understand the business requirement.
- Designed a dashboard and presented the insights for metadata assessment of the datasets using Jupyter Notebook.
- Worked on social media analytics project to perform ad-hoc analysis for the click rates and download rate of Confidential ’s publications.
- Worked closely with the business intelligence and Tech team to define, automate, and validate the extraction of new metrics from various data sources for use in future analysis and report.
- Developed predictive and varied analytically derived models in partnership with senior analysts.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract analyze and validate the data.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Data Analyst
- Involved in developing integrated solution for advanced predictive analytics and reporting solutions using ML.
- Performed Fraud detection on the customer data to gauge the unscrupulous claims of the insurance policy.
- Managed content and continuous data flow to analyze the behavior of the customers and predict the future requirements.
- Identify request pattern/behavior from a historical data and analyze same with transactional data.
- Perform content analysis available in different sources on the products and identifying region-based services provided.
- Involved change request discussions along with leads for implementation of Analytical models and get the feedback from business users.
- Collecting and managing the data from various data sources.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries to extract and analyze data from DB sources.
- Developing a model using Python for performing different Statistical Analysis on the content.
Environment: Python, R, SQL Server, PL/pg SQL, MS-Excel
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Sr. Data Analyst /Data Modeler
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans. The data mapping specifies what data will be extracted from an internal data warehouse, transformed and sent to an external entity.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center.
- Setting up of environments to be used for testing and the range of functionalities to be tested as per technical specifications.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Wrote and executed unit, system, integration and UAT scripts in a data warehouse projects.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify that data has been moved from transactional system to DSS, Data warehouse, data mart reporting system in accordance with requirements.
- Worked on Troubleshooting test scripts, SQL queries, ETL jobs, data warehouse/data mart/data store models.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources. Responsible for analyzing various data sources such as flat files, ASCII Data, EBCDIC Data, Relational Data (Oracle, DB2 UDB, MS SQL Server) from various heterogeneous data sources.
- Delivered file in various file formatting system (ex. Excel file, Tab delimited text, Coma separated text, Pipe delimited text etc.)
- Executed campaign based on customer requirements.
- Followed company code standardization rule.
- Performed ad hoc analyses, as needed, with the ability to comprehend analysis as needed.
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning and to ensure testing issues are resolved based on using defect reports.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases.
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Provide support to client with assessing how many virtual user licenses would be needed for performance testing.
- Ensuring onsite to offshore transition, QA Processes and closure of problems & issues.
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata.
Environment: Informatica 8.1, Data Flux, Oracle 9i, Quality Center 8.2, SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL, Flat Files, Teradata
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to gather the data requirements.
- Wrote SQL queries using Joins, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Sub-queries, Union, CTE’s, and Temporary Tables to ensure that the data is being correctly mapped.
- Interviewed the stakeholders and project sponsors for mapping requirements and analyzing structured and normalized data sets.
- Created detailed report specification document that included KPI descriptions and data mappings.
- Defined and implement routine reports (weekly/monthly) of key performance metrics and action items and alerts.
- Presented findings to the team by designing dashboards using multiple visualizations in Tableau to improve their customer service.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, Tableau.
- As a Research Analyst in Confidential Technologies (Splash BI), I manage a team of research executives and reports to the Sr Manager - Business Analyst and Assistant Manager, Marketing & Analytics.
- Working knowledge on MS Office.
- Working knowledge on Segmentation Process.
- Builds and maintains data base for Email Campaigns and other marketing activities.
- Assisting sales and marketing teams on Ad hoc queries.
- Generating and analyses the activity reports and calling reports of the entire team of marketing on set intervals.
- Manage and update information generated from various trade shows and relevant events into CRM.
- Verify, validate and update information received from Opt-ins (Marketo or Pardot) into CRM and assign to relevant OSR’s and ISR’s.
- Building prospects list by research on different technologies and general information of companies
- Identifying technology footprints from different companies.
- Coordinating with Presales and technical team accordingly as and when needed. Continually coordinate with sales and marketing team and provide them with information requested on demand.
- Accumulate information on Competitor’s - Case Studies, White papers, Data sheets, Testimonials, Videos for Competitive Analysis.
- Joining different groups and forums related to our business and build relationship with the prospective contacts.