- An energetic, enthusiastic seasoned industry veteran in the TV space, articulate leader with over ten years creative lead and cross - functional team management experience in the creation, operation, and evolution of interactive TV products geared towards meeting company objectives in delivering sound and compelling user experiences.
- An effective combination of technical know-how combined with creative graphic design expertise along with understanding hardware & software limitations.
- Manage user experience teams to develop compelling user interface solutions. Ability to simplify and solve complex problems in high energy situations under tight time constraints.
Sr Director Design Strategy
- Lead team of UX/UI Designers
- Partnership with executive industry leaders
- Design strategy and innovation
- Support Sales for Demo's
- Wireframes, prototyping, coding
Skills: Product Design/Development, Lead team of Designers
Head of UX & Design
- Empower my team to innovate, ask questions, solve problems and develop a synergy with the entire company.
- I'm a tireless motivator impassioned to find the best way to make something super easy to use.
- Confidential is a revolutionary visual collaboration experience allowing entertainment and design creatives to share storyboards, lighting diagrams, film clips, and scripts regardless of their physical location. This allows teams to collaborate in real time and make decisions on the fly. It’s that simple.
Skills: Lead team of UI/UX Designers, Development/Design
- Engineered a responsive video cloud based platform that batch optimizes videos and images for CMS systems.
- This allows companies with terabytes of assets to reduce file space, save money, and load faster. I redesigned the Portal from start to finish.
- I created wireframes, user flows, asset creation, and navigation paradigm and coded the entire site. Consultant, UX April 2014 - November 2014 (8 months) rebranded a DVD software application called " Confidential Copy".
- Designed a new logo, wireframe interactions, user flows, icons, application skins and delivered all assets to engineering teams in Tokyo.
Co-Founder, VP UX & Design
- Co-founded Confidential with four other television industry veterans who have a passion for entertainment, business, and technology.
- Designed and developed Confidential app for Confidential and Samsung, Blu-Ray devices, and iPad. Product launched in the Confidential World Store available on all Confidential 's. Confidential is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and backed by venture-capital.
Consultant, Director of UX
- Confidential is introducing a group of seven wireless headsets for real-time interactive voice and video communications and the intelligence to synchronize with human activity.
- Confidential headsets are wearable smart phones designed to blend effortlessly with the life and work flow of the user.
- Each headset is unique in form and functionality to address the specific needs of individual verticals and user groups. Company is still in R&D phase. Developed conceptual wireframes, click-thru prototypes for proof of concept.
- Confidential TV is dedicated to driving the personalization revolution for Movies and TV recommendations for consumers. I designed the new iPad app for Confidential TV with custom filtering and sorting mechanisms that allows consumers to discover personalized content through social recommendations.
- I designed the interaction, user interface, menus, navigation, icons, and visual design for the app.
Head of UX
- Head up user experience for Confidential to deliver a top notch user experience to our customers. Project was to redesign the Confidential app on Confidential .
- This was accomplished in 3 months. From design sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user testing, to beta and final release.
- I worked side-byside with Reed Hastings, CEO of Confidential, Anthony Wood, CEO of Confidential, to design and develop a world class Confidential channel experience.
- From the results of many user testing sessions I was able to refine and adopt new ideas to the interface based on feedback to create a compelling user experience.
- My design gained international attention from news and tech blogs for being sexy, slick, easy to use, with the best Confidential viewing experience.
VP UX Design
- Created, staffed, and managed the Usability team by securing talent from previous companies and personal connections.
- The team consisted of an interaction designer, graphic designer, prototyper, and a publication layout specialist. Our team produced interface design concepts, prototypes, wireframes, information architecture schemas, demos for new business, and graphics for the service.
- I established weekly Usability meetings with company stakeholders to review current prototypes, promote visibility and gather feedback.
- I defined the design direction for our team providing leadership by example while collaborating with cross functional teams coast-to-coast. Managed outside industrial design firms in New York and San Francisco for hardware design concepts.
- User experience director for Confidential & Confidential Homezone product line. Homezone allows users to access their media from one set-top-box for output to a home entertainment system. Lead user experience efforts for hardware design including the remote control industrial design and the user interface on the box.
- User advocate for user experience to strategize with content partners, marketing, biz dev, and engineering to ensure we are on target meeting user goals, customer goals, and business goals. Managed and interfaced with all partners on User Experience. *
- Worked with partner Product Managers on new Features * Created user interface design specs, information architecture flows, wireframes, user flows, schedules. * Directed creative design team in producing graphics for TV UI, hardware industrial design including remote control, set-top-box
Senior UX Designer
- Designed and developed new user experience for "ShowCenter" an all-in-one digital media player that allows users to watch Movies, Music or Photos streamed wirelessly to your TV. Key responsibilities were to lead the design of the TV user interface, behavior architecture, functionality, remote control design and mapping, design specs including information architecture wireframes, and product prototypes.
- Worked seamlessly with hardware design, chip set manufacturer, and remote vendor. Product was engineered in Braunschweig, Germany.
- Traveled extensively to Europe to bring Showcenter to market in 11/2003. Traveled extensively throughout America and Europe demonstrating the product to consumer electronic partners. Director UX Design January 2002 - March 2003 (1 year 3 months) Hands-on user interface team lead for Confidential EPG for deployment on the Motorola DCT2000 STB. Worked closely with engineering reviewing IP with Chief IP officer to make sure we were within our own patents and not infringing on others. Created IA's, wireframes along with prototypes to demonstrate navigation and functionality.
- I invited "friendlies" for usability feedback and incorporated those findings into the final product. With a UI design direction established, I worked closely with engineering in developing functional specs detailing functionality and navigation mapped with wireframe references. Confidential was awarded the Motorola Acadia certification in September 2002. Confidential was sold to Tribune Media in April 2003.Director User Interface for Confidential EPG sold to Tribune Media in 2003.
Senior UX Designer
- UI Design lead for iTV portal company with focus on UI architecture for iTV portals for clients such as Cox, Comcast, InnMedia, and Rogers.
- Senior position working directly with clients to help guide their iTV portal goals with a focus on usability and future modular plug and play apps such as VOD, PVR, and PPV. Worked with designers to test new interface ideas in creating the look and feel for portals with the understanding of the limitations each brand of STB.
- Senior Creative for the legacy design and launch of Confidential .
- Worked with engineering to develop navigation solutions, prototypes, mock ups, assets.
- Worked closely with hardware partners (Philips and Sony) with onscreen branding requirements.
- Designed onscreen graphics still used today, selected the Confidential font to be used throughout the service.
- Created and designed the new look & feel for Network Showcase and
- Hired and managed design team. collaborated with others in a cross functional team to bring the revolutionary consumer product to market.
- Senior Designer responsible for the design, creation and implementation of the Specials Network channel for Confidential including the Super bowl, World Series, Olympics, Fall TV Specials, and other themed based specials. Collaborated with engineering to create custom interface designs for interactive games for the Confidential service.