Black Belt trained IT executive responsible for delivering both front end and back end business solutions that align with the corporate strategy via the Cloud, Smart Phone, B2B, Web and On Premise across an international footprint.
Director of Information Technology
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Teamed with the CEOs from our three business units to design and deploy from the ground up a new unified multi - channel e-commerce platform.
- Developed a cloud-based workflow automation tool to control the custom uniform manufacturing process from inception to completion. Includes smartphone enabled features deployed to internal users, customers and 3rd party vendors.
- Leading the effort to replace all legacy systems with the ERP system M3 from Infor. Responsibilities include scope determination, project team selection, project management, business process re-design and external resource acquisition.
- Successfully moved the whole company to the Microsoft 365 solution suite.
- Led the disaster recovery effort to install temporary on-site commercial grade power generation to run all IT systems during an extend multi-day regional power outage.
- Led the application and infrastructure buildout out at our new greenfield factory location in Haiti. Responsibilities included pre-build site inspection, project budget creation, sourcing in-country technical resources and on-site application & infrastructure buildout.
- Led the project to totally redesigned our web application that enables team coaches and uniform dealers to interactively design custom sports teams uniforms, Responsibilities include project life cycle management, scope determination with internal & external customers, pre-deployment testing and end user training.
- Created a custom web work flow application to ensure custom garments are produced and shipped on or before the agreed to delivery date. The application includes manufacturing stage gate reporting and the calculation of customer discounts if the delivery is late.
- Moved all company locations across three different countries to a virtualize server environment via the deployment of standardized hardware architectur.
Chief Information Officer
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Consolidated multiple IT departments into one team under my leadership. This included increasing internal support capabilities while simultaneously reducing consulting fees by $600,000 per year.
- Led the design and install of all business applications, multi-media systems, POS systems and the technology infrastructure in a $4 million dollar green field building expansion project.
- Completed Black Belt training.
- Created the strategy to replace the Confidential iSeries green screen bottling control system with a custom programmed GUI application at every bottling line. The deliverable includes the management of over 6000 images of packaging components.
- Led a project to upgrade the Confidential iSeries ERP system. The project was completed on time and on budget. Zero business interrupt was obtained during system Go Live.
- Redesigned the custom web portal to simply the process of ordering beer sourced from all of our domestic and Canadian breweries.
- Drove the company to centralize the process for creating and maintaining master data. Results included process approvals, process audits and a reduction in manufacturing/shipping/invoicing errors.
Confidential, Corning, NY
- Responsibilities include project life cycle management, PMP processes, project team formation, budgeting and executive level reporting & presentations.
Chief Information Officer
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Led a combined in-sourced and out-sourced support organization that is responsible for all break/fix, maintenance and new development across ERP ( Confidential ) systems, planning & reporting systems, promotional systems, systems security and hardware operations.
- Led the executive team in the creation and deployment of the strategic technology plan via a blend of in-sourced and out-sourced solutions. The plan enables business objectives while driving higher synergies across multiple business units of the corporation, increasing functionality, lowering costs and increasing service levels.
- Replaced the existing legacy systems and the outsourced system provider with an in-sourced SAP solution. Responsibilities included designing simplified business processes, RFP creation, budgeting, implementation partner selection, international project team management, project life cycle management, training, support organization creation, cross divisional synergies and a graceful exit from the outsource provider. The project generates $1.8 million dollars a year in annual savings. The project was delivered on time and on budget.
- Renovated a significantly damaged outsourcing relationship into a high-performance service provider. Renegotiated the outsourcing contract, which generated a $200,000 cash refund and $360,000 dollars worth of free services.
- Deployed a brand new international network and email system. The project benefits include simplified email management, increase availability, unified calendaring, lower telecommunications costs with higher bandwidth and increased security.
- Delivered the company’s first web intranet portal. The structure supports a main corporate site, unique & secure divisional sites, future integration with SAP & email and autonomous content publication by the owners of each unique internal site.
- Annually planned all staffing, software, hardware, telecommunications/network and third party provided requirements.
- Drove increased automation with our customers and our third party distribution centers via the deployment of a greater selection of simplified electronic data interchange (EDI) transaction sets.
Director of Systems and Programming
Confidential, Canandaigua, NY
- Led division wide project to replace all ERP system functionality with the Confidential ERP suite.
- Responsibilities included, selection of third party implementation partner, creation of the $10 million dollar project budget, leader of scooping & implementation phases, creation & management of project teams, project life cycle management, obtaining strategic alignment with cross-divisional standards and determining project return on investment (ROI). Project completed on time and on budget.
- Guided a project to consolidate North American divisional Confidential data centers into one central internally hosted solution.
- Responsibilities included obtaining executive buy-in, project life cycle management, technical infrastructure design and database environment design.
- Led cross-functional business process and systems implementation teams for the Turner Road winery acquisition’s assimilation.
- Completed the full assimilation into all systems and business processes within the company mandated three month time frame.
- Lead the design and implementation of a custom in-house developed outbound freight management system that controls and optimizes $30 million dollars in annual freight costs.