- 9 years of IT experience in Business analysis, Database design, Build and Support Enterprise Business Intelligence solutions using BI tools SAP BusinessObjects, MicroStrategy, Platfora, DOMO, Looker and Tableau.
- Experience in developing and publishing reports, presentations on site and sale KPI metrics for business partners and C level audience.
- Propose and design database models, perform data analysis, data quality checks on Enterprise database platforms - DB2, SQL server, Hadoop.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, SSO and troubleshooting Crystal Reports, Business Objects and Migration from Business Objects XI R2 to R 3.1/ 4.0/ 4.1.
- Proficient in building SQL/ HIVE/ UNION/ HDFS sourced datasets in Platfora.
- Strong work experience in Agile SCRUM environment. Expert in writing large/complex SQL queries using functions, nested queries, views.
- Thorough understanding of Data warehousing concepts and Experience in Designing/Developing Complex Universes using Star, Extended Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Working experience with SAP BI 4.0 tools- Universe Design Tool, Information Design Tool, and BI Launch Pad, Web Intelligence.
- Proficient in developing Crystal Reports which included Standard, Cross-tab, Summary, Sub Reports and Charts using Parameters, Complex Functions and Shared Variables
- Possess extensive Experience in Enterprise Environment with Tableau versions 8.X/ 9.X/ 10.1/ 10.3.
- Lead experience designing / developing vizboards and visualizations in Platfora. Used waterfall, trend charts, and rollup functions to visualize retail business metrics.
- Strong experience in design, implementation of Business Objects security model and maintenance of associated content and application.
- Proficient in carrying out Administrative tasks using BOBJ tools like Infoview, CMC, CCM, SIA, Query builder, Import Wizard, Life cycle manager and Business View Manager.
- Proficient in setting up DOMO dataset jobs using advanced functionalities like transform etc. through Workbench.
- Hands on project management experience involving Estimating, planning and monitoring resources.
- Excellent ability in writing specifications and gathering requirements to develop viz-boards/ Dashboards/ Crystal reports as per the needs of the client and maintain documentation of the reports for future reference.
- Result - Focused and Effectual Leader with proven ability to turnaround projects at risks.
LANGUAGES: C, C++, JAVA, SQL
DATABASE: SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza, DB2, Oracle, Cloudera Hadoop, MySQL
TOOLS: Business objects XIR2 / XI3.1 / 4.X, Xcelsius 2008, Informatica Power center 8.6, Adobe site catalyst / Discover, SAP BO Data Services 3.1 / 4.1, Tableau 8/9/10, Platfora 3.0/4.0/ 5.2.1 , JIRA, Succeed, Pivotal Tracker, Slack, Domo, Looker, Big Query, Google cloud, DOMO, Looker, Service Now, Micro strategy
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Red hat Linux, Windows 2008/2012
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- As part of the Development team, Design and develop innovative dashboard, analytics, and reports using Tableau 10.3 and 10.5
- Perform data/systems analysis to determine best ARS BI solution (reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc.)
- Provide excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirement.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Combined Tableau visualizations into Interactive Dashboards using filter actions, highlight actions etc., and published them to the internal portal.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on-demand needed information.
- Developed Sales forecast/ opportunities dashboard that helped Agents to increase AMC sales. Marketing and financial teams used these dashboards as a Book of Business.
- Blended Weather data with internal real-time data to provide Weather Analytic Insights for various client portal partners like BMW, GM, Ferrari, Maserati etc.
- Developed Retention dashboard for AARP and internal account managers team to review the product performance in Tableau 10.5
Environment: Tableau 10.3 / 10.5, Oracle, Business Objects 4.1
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Sr. BI Analyst
- Gathered requirements for re-design/transition of production database, resolve reporting errors and technical issues.
- Managed projects honing analytical techniques and reporting / statistical analysis skills
- Provide time sensitive analysis on various customer and business metrics questions.
- Built deep behavioral profiles of active vs inactive users, which led to product improvements that increased customer acquisition model rates by 30%.
- Driving online analytics programs, including ownership of KPI and dashboard reporting, analysis of online programs, and its impact on retaining customer’s in-store.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Guide online analytics and strategy development teams for new product launches with customer acquisition lifecycle and retention initiatives.
- Redesigned and enhanced integrated member experience reporting.
- Developed and implemented high-performance process and task KPIs, reduced daily reporting time by 20%
- Shared best practices through weekly office hours and monthly brown bags
- Presented insights and advocated changes with executives and business owners to optimize sales and marketing effectiveness.
- Involved in the migration project where the Reports from Business objects are re-created in tableau using more visualization options available as per End user requirement.
- Provided the financial measure of marketing programs (key being Affiliates) and campaigns.
- Serving as a key subject matter expert on analytics/business intelligence.
- Experience in facilitating the test process by using bug tracking tool JIRA/Succeed.
- Extensively worked on analyzing OMS and market place data available on Hadoop clusters with Hue/Impala etc.
- Exploring new BI tools to replace existing reporting tool on Hadoop for a better performance and user interactivity.
- Worked with various project managers to develop full-scale Business Intelligence solution project plans and effectively communicated project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Currently working on a transition project to migrate everything from Platfora to DOMO (cloud based BI tool).
- Proficient in handling datasets in DOMO that fetch data from multi-systems including Teradata, Salesforce, Hadoop, Google analytics.
- Created data-visualization cards using calculations in beast-mode.
- Exposure to setting up jobs through traditional ETL tool (Workbench) and native connectors in DOMO.
- Developed Data flows using various techniques like Blend/ ETL/ SQL etc. on cloud.
- Better understanding of when to use beast mode calculations vs transforms to implement additional calculations that are not available in underlying data warehouse tables.
- Carried out administrative tasks on DOMO like adding/maintaining users and groups, scheduling reports, setting up presentations directly on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint using DOMO plugin’s.
Environment: Business Objects 4.0, Tableau 10.1, Cloudera Hadoop (Hive/ Impala/ Spark), Teradata, Google Analytics, DOMO, MySQL, Service now, JIRA, Agile Methodology (Scrum/ Sprint), Looker
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Build and support online, customer, web analytics reporting to Confidential and its business partners Kmart, Mygofer, KCD, SYW and Marketplace.
- Played a key role in migrating the existing BI environment to Platfora.
- Good exposure to setting up datasets using SQL/HDFS/HIVE/UNION megastores.
- Automated lens builds trigger feature using Python script after completion of data loads using API call.
- Created KPI metrics at vizboard level using functions like ROLLUP, PARTITION etc.
- Hosting training session for basic and power users on how to create Lens/Vizboards in Platfora.
- Created ad-hoc reports in Tableau by connecting to various data sources like db2, Teradata, Cloudera Hadoop/ Flat files etc.
- Designed Tableau visualizations with quick filters, query/report level Parameters connecting to Db2/ Hadoop databases and published workbooks by creating user filters on Tableau Server.
- Developed ad-hoc/ canned tableau reports with Trend Lines, Scattered plot charts. Used Quick filters, calculated fields, set parameters for Tableau dashboards efficiently using Tableau Desktop 8.1 and 8.2.
- Performed gap analysis to identify the attributes/metrics that needs to be transitioned to new database from DB2.
- Analyzed existing BI reports that are to be migrated and developed in Platfora/ Tableau.
- Involved in transitioning the online reporting environment from SAP BI suite to Platfora/ Tableau.
- Created data sources, datasets, Lenses in Platfora on HDFS locations to meet business-reporting needs.
- Worked with Platfora support team and Hadoop developers to automate the daily Lens refresh in Platfora using UNIX scripting by identifying the underlying load dependencies from Green-box mart.
- Created Activity reports to identify BI tool usage.
- Experience pulling in TI campaign data from Oracle/ PL-SQL (responsys) database to understand which members have been targeted and how the sales trended to increase BoF.
- Identify key performance metrics, build dashboards, present key insights and ensure data drives actions to improve the business in Integrated Retail (IR).
- Develop reporting based on Ad-Hoc requests from various business partners.
- Establish strong collaborative working relationships with internal constituents including information technology, contact centers, store operations, logistics and loss prevention.
Environment: Business Objects 3.1, Tableau 8, Cloudera Hadoop (Hive/ Impala), Teradata, Adobe Analytics, Platfora, IBM Db2, Succeed, JIRA, Oracle (responsys), MicroStrategy
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Managed Servers, Groups & Connections using Central Management Console (CMC) and Central Management Server (CMS).
- Involved in migration of existing Crystal Reports, Users, profiles, documents and Groups from BO XI R2 to BO 3.1.
- Build and support online, customer, web analytics reporting to Confidential and its business partners Kmart, My gofer, Craftsman, Kenmore, Diehard, Lands’ End and marketplace.
- Responsible for ad-hoc report requirements gathering, creation and developing Technical specification document to review with stakeholders/business analysts and merchants.
- Used advanced universe functionalities like Derived tables, Index Awareness, custom LOVs.
- Implemented Aggregate awareness and set incompatibilities as needed based on the requirement and data model.
- Created reports linking several universes (in BO 3.1) for different subject areas like Online Order sales, Finance Planning metrics, Site metrics and Catalog Inventory for seamless reporting.
- Embedded user Prompts, Conditions and Filters and used Alerts to improve the readability of the report. Extensively used Calculation contexts, Variables in the creation of reports.
- Liaison with other departments to retrieve store sales for member vs non-member analysis from Teradata to promote shopyourway rewards.
- Consolidation of reports by BU/ Regions and designing templates catering to the needs of sourcing/financial analysts & merchandise and cost specialists.
- Resolve Confidential production incidents related to desktop/mobile orders.
- Closely monitored and worked with DBA’s to address any issues related to daily/month end data loads with respect to daily feeds received from Adobe warehouse.
- Develop and refine framework for measurement of customer facing leading/ lagging metrics within Confidential online businesses using KANA database.
- Understand complex source data models and create reporting data model structures that meet reporting needs and optimize performance
- Created Audit reports to identify BI tool usage.
- Provided recommendations on resolving issues by researching the data integrity and quality.
- Created quality metrics at the source and integration levels, used to monitor data attributes
- Providing support for the users on application usage and conducting training to walk them through the salient features of BI tools.
Environment: Business Objects 3.1, IBM Db2, Teradata, Adobe Analytics, JIRA, MySQL, Excel
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
BI Programmer Consultant
- Primarily responsible for Planning, installation, configuration of the BOE 3.1 environment components. Configuration includes clustering, Single-sign on and service parameters tuning under the direction of BOE architect.
- Administered Servers, Server Groups, Universes and Connections using Central Management Console (CMC) and Central Management Server (CMS).
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Worked extensively with Integration and System testing teams to ensure all Interfaces were ready to be deployed on Production servers before go-live.
- Converted universes from unv to unx format using Information Design Tool. Mentored team members on issues during conversion and possible resolution.
- Design and develop WEBI reports in BO 4.0 to evaluate new feature and functionality to support the future upgrade.
- Applied security features of Business Objects like row level & object level security in the universe so as to make the sensitive data secure.
- Developed universes using derived tables and also used aggregate awareness functions in it to improve the performance.
- Supported multiple universes by modifying existing contexts and alias tables. Modified existing Linked universes before migrating to SAP BI 4.0 SP4.
- Wrote SQL queries/ views and used them as a data source in designing crystal reports.
- Involved in troubleshooting broken reports and fine- tuned complex reports to improve performance.
- Provided on call support and timely assistance for clients with database related issues including data transforming and data loading.
- Migrated Objects between environments using tools like publishing wizard & Import wizard for migration of reports, universes with BIAR files
- Carried out administrative tasks like Scheduling / Re-Scheduling reports using Schedule manager and managing instances using Instance Manager.
- Trained users in basic & advanced reporting functionalities, creating Ad-hoc reports for analysis.
- Collaborated with offshore resources on deliverables, timelines.
Environment: Business Objects 3.1, Business objects XI R2, Business objects 4.0, IBM Db2, Netezza, Crystal reports, Xcelsius.
Confidential, Lafayette, LA
- Mentored undergraduate students on algorithm design for operating robotic products.
- Research work on Robotics and Virtual Reality.
- Designed Flyers using Photoshop, Microsoft products and posted them on university website.
- Testing websites for cross browser functionality and debugging bugs in website.
- Analyzing UI design, functionality of the research website for improvements.
- Arranging workshops for students on Robotics.
- Collaborated with community colleges and High schools in inspiring students towards STEM education.