Highly motivated and results driven information technology leader with fifteen plus years of proven experience in successfully managing cross functional business, IT teams and delivering innovative full life cycle solutions in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics & Data Management initiatives for fortune 100 Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device & Diagnostics, Financial/Insurance and Non - Profit companies.
Data Management: Data Governance, Data Analysis, Predictive Analytics, Data visualization, Data Quality, Dashboards, Multi-dimensional analysis & design, MDM, Data Management.
Team Leadership: Team management, interpersonal communication, team collaboration and support.
Business Intelligence & Analytics: IBM Cognos 10.2, 8.4. MS SQL Server 2012/2014 SSAS, SSRS, SSIS Tableau BI Server 7.0, SharePoint 2013. Power BI
Data Warehousing/ETL Tools: SQL, SSIS
Big Data: POC projects using Apache Spark, Kakfa, R
Databases: Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2014, MongoDB, NoSQL Databases.
CRM Applications: Clarify CRM, Siebel eBusiness Applications.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP, Sun Solaris, Sun OS, HP-UX, SCO UNIX.
Health Care Market Intelligence/Analytics: IMS NGPS, NPA, NJA, IPS, RPP and SDI (Surveillance Data)
Project Management: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile SDLC methodologies.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Manager, Business Intelligence
- Managing and leading Confidential Business Intelligence projects for Confidential BSS/OSS transformation initiative to migrate billing systems from legacy to Confidential Big Data environment ( Confidential ) employing agile methodology.
- This initiative supports core reporting and analytics function of Finance, Sales and Marketing, customer care and operations teams.
- My role involves requirements gathering, managing BI team activities, cross functional responsibilities with Confidential and big data management teams.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Business Intelligence Leader
- Manage a team of BI developers, analysts and a data scientist and led transformation projects to migrate from IBM Cognos to Microsoft Business Intelligence solutions. Interfaced with business unit leads to gather requirements to improve overall service levels and streamlined data sharing processes.
- Architect of full life cycle enterprise Business Intelligence Reporting and Data management solutions - Financial Data Marts, MSBI Reporting and Analytics solutions and employed Power BI data visualization and dashboarding capabilities to increase user adoption across multiple business areas. Procured data from Peoplesoft FDM, HCM, Nvision CRM and Cognos TM1 sources.
- Envisioned and delivered Data marts, MSBI SSAS Cubes and Self-service SSRS reporting capability using tabular models and provided analytical capabilities via Excel Power Pivot and Power BI. Hosted BI solutions on enterprise SharePoint BI portal and enabled customer self-service model via training and technology adoption initiatives.
- Created a fraud detection model for Confidential treasury department to reduce fines incurred due to bad transactions being honored for VISA and Master Card vendors. The Regression model aids the treasury and payment analysts to tweak and review the decision manager - rule-based engine to identify and reject illegal credit card transactions.
- Designed and developed a road map for Candidate Financial System that includes envisioning Data Mart Reporting and Analytical solutions for Confidential Brand programs. Led data integration efforts to source data from Peoplesoft FDM and Oracle FAH sub-ledger accounting applications.
- Led long term strategic initiatives to move to a cloud based SAAS model and partnered with IT cross functional teams, business units to set service level agreements.
- Total ownership and responsibility for entire BI Architecture and applications - SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2016, SharePoint and Power BI infrastructure, maintenance and upgrades.
- Partnered and led IT engineering, Database management and Information Protection Office (IPO) cross functional teams to RE-IP and migrate existing server infrastructure from legacy to application and database zones to confirm to new IT architecture policies.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Consulting Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Developed strategic Actuarial data mart for Actuarial Risk Reporting team consisting of 750 data elements, 2 Complex Cognos packages and 4 SSAS cubes. This eliminates use of 30+ access db’s, 70+ excel files and net reduction of 10% in monthly reserves report preparation time.
- Led Cognizant and Business technology cross functional teams to implement upgrade of Confidential Cognos BI application. Stood up 7 instances and successfully managed cutover to new platform.
- Built Microsoft SSAS business analytics platform/infrastructure and delivered strategic analytical multi- dimensional Cubes solution to actuarial and other business partners thus helping them analyze millions of rows of data in seconds.
- The Data mart is one centralized location that houses complete data sets for Actuarial Risk Reporting, CDM, CEA, Product teams. They have built more than 200 reporting exhibits using Cognos & SSAS tools to support business partners in finance and reserves reporting teams.
- Facilitated understanding and KT of new actuarial reporting processes to internal and PWC auditors for audit and compliance purposes.
- Built Tableau BI application environment for Actuarial department enabling them to create valuable data visualization exhibits using SSAS cubes. Took intelligent risk and saved Tableau consulting fees/costs by implementing security model in house.
- Developed SSIS packages for cube refresh/automation processes.
- Generated internal sales of $0.5 million since 2011 in three new projects.
- Achieved savings of $10,000 on software licenses, by negotiating license costs and eliminating redundant stages in application development.
- Restructured development cycle from a sequential to a parallel process using iterative methodology and completed the project 43 days ahead of the deadline and saved $50,000 (11% of project budget).
- Initiated and executed tactical and strategic business projects, from inception to completion.
- Managed multiple projects employing cross functional onshore/offshore teams.
- Identify relevant project methodologies to maintain confidentiality of client’s information (SSN, tax payer ID, insurance contract, etc.) and meet SEC and SOX regulatory requirements.
- Led Confidential Information Factory (AIF) operations support team in monitoring Daily/monthly batch data loads and dependent data marts. Managing BAU development work utilizing onshore/offshore resources.
- Coordinated operations change-management and monthly-updates meetings, to support enhancements in financial reporting and analytical needs.
- Presented design concepts & strategies to senior management and secured approval.
- Managed daily operations of critical Business Intelligence (BI) production systems, with over 300+ users across 6 locations in the US.
- Led internal and off-shore teams, improved performance, educate them on business drivers, motivate and provide concept development and strategic consulting.
- Executed multiple POC projects showcasing technology value adds to our business partners empowering them to make critical decisions.
- Developed successful relationships with business units and senior management including VP’s, Directors and Vendor Management.
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Led the business analysis, design, development and implementation of reporting solutions
- Managed BI operations and maintained the Support Roster up-to-date by solving operational issues
- Assisted in development, testing and maintenance of data warehouses in support of reporting solutions to enable clients to perform their own ad-hoc querying, reporting, and analysis
- Led hands-on development of SSIS/SSRS package development for enterprise reporting.
- Provided technical assistance to self-serve clients by responding to inquiries regarding report performance.
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts for prioritization of current and upcoming projects
- Allocated resources to development efforts and ad-hoc support requests
- Release planning and management of reporting solutions
- Partnered with the BI Architects to deliver world-class reporting environment
- Communicated formal status reports on team’s progress and performance
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
BI Lead Architect
- Managed up to 5 teams and 10 developers/analysts in 8 locations across US and India
- Successfully identified and recruited talent for pipeline projects.
- Executed strategic business intelligence engagements.
- Developed roadmaps and milestones for strategic projects, supervised progression towards deadlines, communicated across all levels of organization.
- Identified, structured and pitched new projects and initiatives to promote usage of Business Intelligence across business units.
- Negotiated new contracts, budgets, and project scope with internal and external vendors.