- Senior SDET with 8+ years of professional experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Skilled in different programming and testing technologies like UI Testing, API Testing using Selenium, SOAPUI, Postman, RestAssured and methodologies like BDD using cucumber with diversified experience in serving various domains like Financial, E - commerce.
- Able to maintain the highest level of quality assurance best practices using QA Standards, and Knowledge of SDLC, STLC and software development methodologies such as Waterfall model and Agile model.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Objects, Collections .
- Experience in performing the Automation Testing of web applications using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java, TestNG, Maven.
- Experience in working with Selenium Grid which is a part of selenium suite that specializes in running tests across different Browsers, Operating systems and machines in parallel.
- Well acquainted with selenium synchronization techniques like Explicit, Implicit and Fluent Waits.
- Implemented test automation for handling Popup windows and Alerts using WebDriverWindowHandles and Alert interface.
- Identified elements using various locator techniques like id, name, class, linkText, partialLinkText, xpath, css.
- Used selenium WebDriver and TestNG for parallel execution of test cases by creating groups, parameters categorizing test cases and configuring it in the TestNG.xml file.
- Performed Cross browser testing for different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, IE and Operating systems like windows, linux and mac using TestNG, Java and Selenium
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG attributes like Groups, parameters .
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources to feed multiple data sets into the test script.
- Designed, developed and implemented automation frameworks like keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework, Hybrid framework, and Page Object Model(POM).
- Experienced in BDD using Cucumber in Gherkin format by creating feature files, step- definitions and runner classes .
- Strong knowledge on web services and hands-on experience in validating SOAP and RESTFUL web services using tools like SOAPUI, Postman and RestClients.
- Performed Web services testing using java libraries like RestAssured, Apache HttpClient.
- Experience in Database/Backend testing using SQL queries for data design, data validation, and data integrity testing using JDBC.
- Experience in using defect tracking tools like Jira, BugZillaand Rally.
- Used Log4j to maintain Log files and debugging of automation scripts and web applications.
- Created complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from GitHub to regression report generation.
- Identified and measured severity, and document deficiencies in software functionality, and accurately reported deficiencies to programming agencies.
- Maintained, updated, and executed Functional Testing scripts and scenarios to ensure that individual software modifications function as expected.
- Expertise in creating Test cases, Test scripts, Test plan, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Daily/Weekly Status Report, Defect Report and Project Report.
- Involved in Writing, Updating and maintaining the Test documents for various stages of Testing for reference and auditing purpose
- Assist in User Acceptance testing when necessary and recommend changes for use by location users once the software meets the business requirements.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE, SOAPUI, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, REST Assured, HTTP Client, Postman, Appium.
Build Tools: Jenkins, Maven, GIT.
Frame Works: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model(POM).
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, Groovy, Soap, Restful, WSDL
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
Version Control: GIT, SVN, GitHub
Browsers: Chrome, FireFox, IE, Safari, Headless Browser.
Defect tracking tools: Jira, Rally, Bugzilla.
utilities: Firebug, Firepath, Eclipse, AutoIt.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7/8,Linux, Unix
- Followed BDD process for testing and Implemented BDD using Cucumber framework.
- Developed the Automation framework to automate the API’s using DateDriven Framework, java, Rest assured and cucumber
- Created the FeatureFiles for the Happy path and Error Handling scenarios in GWT format based on the user stories, acceptance criteria and mapping documents.
- Implemented the StepDefinitions using Java and RestAssured libraries.
- CSV files are used for storing the request and response data, Csv File Processors are used for converting the CSV files into beans, Getters and Setters are used for getting the data form CSv and using them in the test scripts,
- Used Json-Path to traverse through the response fields and to validate the Hierarchy of fields.
- Developed utility classes for performing the assertions.
- Performed JSON Request and Response validations using Hamcrest and junit assertions
- CucumberTestRunner class is implemented using Junit.
- Worked with the concepts of Tags, DataTables, ScenarioOutlines and Hooks.
- Configured data in the different environments and performed the validations across all the environments
- Responsible for maintaining Smoke Suites and Regression Suites to check the functionality for each sprint
- Worked with CA DevTest tool for the virtualization of the services.
- Responsible for collecting the Request and Response samples for all the scenarios from real SOR’s for virtualization.
- Configured Gradle using groovy for build and dependency management.
- Experience in Jenkins for continuous Integration and Deployments using pipe line
- Used Git as central repository for continuous check-in and checkout of code.
- Used Jira for creating and tracking defects in each sprint.
- Responsible for creating and updating the tasks in Jira for every sprint.
- Responsible for delivering the Shippable service by the end of the sprint
- Responsible for creating the requirement traceability matrix and Test Results document
- Configured Postman variables and environments for performing the manual testing of services.
- Followed Agile methodology and as part of Agile team responsible for attending the Scrum calls.
- Involved in retrospective meetings, sprint planning and grooming sessions
- Responsible for demoing the product at the end of the sprint to the product owners.
Environment: Java, springboot, rest-assured, gradle, intellij, cucumber, junit, mockito, jackson, CA DEVTEST
- Assessed & analyzed user stories in Agile and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports .
- Prepared Test Cases for Positive and Negative Test scenarios as referred in the User Stories
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using SeleniumWebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results .
- Implemented Hybrid framework with DataDriven framework, Page Object Model .
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium WebDriver to validate all UI components,Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Used TestNG for performing Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and implemented Regression Test to verify the existing functionality is affected.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts using Java.
- Can perform switch over to elements in iframe using WebDriver.
- Used Selenium Grid to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Android, Mac OS.
- Ability to connect with the Database to execute SQL statements for validating data in the data table (Database testing).
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Involved in writing Xpath expressions for identifying Dynamic objects and handled Ajax requests using synchronization.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, TestNG and XPath.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber features, Scenarios, background, scenario outline in Gherkin language and implemented Step Definitions using Selenium and Java.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAPUI, Groovy Script.
- Used Postman to perform testing of the RESTful APIs.
- Used Jira a defect tracking tool and raised issue whenever defect occurred.
- Used Git as a source repository system to share code.
- Performed continuous integration of scripts using Jenkins, Maven, configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment : Agile, Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, XML, JIRA, Cucumber, Eclipse, CSS, X-Path, Maven, GIT, ApachePOI, log4j, Selenium Grid, MySQL, Manual Testing.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Analyze the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed and followed.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Implemented Hybrid framework using Data Driven Framework and Keyword Driven Framework
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web application.
- Involved in developing selenium automation framework using TestNG and configured the Test suites in testing.xml.
- Implemented selenium synchronization for conditional and unconditional waits using Explicit and Implicit waits
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Handled various Alerts such as dismiss/accept/getText based on the requirement.
- Used TestNG Dataprovider annotation for Data Driven Testing and also used annotation and attributes like @BeforeTest, @AfterTest, groups, priority, alwaysRun,enabled.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used different TestNG Listeners like IReporter and ITestListener for customizing the reports and logs, and configured them at suite level in testing.xml.
- Performed WebServices (SOAP & REST) testing using SOAPUI and validated the requests for the responses.
- Logged all the bugs to JIRA for defect tracking.
- Performed cross browser testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and Mac and on different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Performed Smoke Testing after each build to check whether build is deployed properly and is ready for further testing
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and TestNG.
- Performed Backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries using JDBC connections to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Used Maven for dependency management.
- Used Git Distributed version control for continuous check in and checkout of the code and Jenkins for continuous integration
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative testing and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Oracle, XML, Git, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, Jira, Maven, Cucumber, JDBC, log4j, Jenkin.
- Responsible for reviewing the Requirements and Design .
- Responsible for Test planning, Test case design and Vertical and End to End execution.
- Log bugs and submit tracking status reports using Rally.
- Dashboard Automation related to End User, which includes creation and payment modules.
- Executing special recommendations provided by development team and provides more test coverage to block regressions .
- Component (unit) testing of the modules modified/developed and the associated
- Regression testing to testing makes sure nothing is broken because of new functionality added.
- Works closely with developers and business analysts to define test scenarios and develop a plan to accomplish the test objective.
- Identified the key facts and dimensions necessary to support the business requirements. Develop the logical dimensional models.
- Used UML for creating Activity diagrams , Sequence Diagrams.
- Developed entity and attribute descriptions and definitions for the models and ensure that conflicts in descriptions and definitions are resolved.
- Involved in Backend testing using SQL commands on MySQL Workbench .
- Identified the test data by organizing multiple test data review meetings and created test data for specific Test Scenarios and Test Cases using SQL Insert scripts
- Arranged walk through sessions with the user group and to confirm that all the requirements have been captured and obtained sign off on the requirements documents.
- Conducts formal test case review sessions with project team, business analysts and incorporates feedback. Responsible for leading & managing the entire qualification activity from requirements review till final acceptance test.
Environment: UML, HTML, MySQL, UNIX and Windows 7 /XP, Rally
Junior Software Developer
- Involved in Documentation and Use case design using UML modeling include development of Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Use Case Transaction diagrams.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework that leverages classical Model View Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Designed the user interfaces using JSPs, developed custom tags, and used JSTL.
- Implemented Multithreading and Collections in java code.
- Used Eclipse IDE for writing the programs.
- Developed various java business classes for handling different functions.
- Implemented Business processes such as user authentication, Transfer of Service using Session EJBs.
- Wrote MYSQL for JDBC prepared statements to retrieve the data from database.
- Developed JUnit test cases for all the developed modules. Used GIT as version control.
- Monitored the logs using Log4j and fixed the problem.
- Executed test cases for Unit, System and Integration Testing.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Struts, JNDI, HTML, CSS, EJB, JDBC, JUnit, Eclipse, JBoss, Mysql5.6, LOG4J.