- Strengthening Technical Teams and Products through Agile and DevOps
- 25 Years Technology Leadership SDLC Capacity Planning Champion of Change
- Over 25 years of experience, constituting a broad understanding of technology as a whole, conceptualizing what technologies work and why, and the ability to absorb newer technologies and how they apply.
- Enjoys the seasoned ability and technical leadership to guide teams to mutual success.
- Passionate about building quick to market, bug free, applications with business partners.
- Slashed fraudulent debit transactions saving customers $100,000 per month by setting standard deviation thresholds against merchant and card level return transactions.
- Reduced infrastructure cost by 25% utilizing AWS hybrid cloud and eliminating costly RDMS licenses.
- Increased high availability and reduced complexity by breaking down monolithic applications into standalone Spring Boot jars.
- Mostly utilizing Linux, Java, shell scripts, Spring, Spring Boot, WildFly, Angular, Oracle, DB2, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, Kafka, Spark.
- Drive large projects to completion applying strategic resource planning and partnering with cross - functional teams.
- Reduced time to market by 25% utilizing DevOps tools; Confluence, Jira, Maven and Bitbucket.
- Cut in half incidents caused by change by implementing a Continuous and Delivery Pipeline using automation tools; Jenkins, Nexus, Fortify, Ansible, and Rundeck.
- Driving process and planning to increase capacity and mitigate downtime utilizing real-time metrics and forecasting.
- Prevented significant profit losses by giving business owners live production activity dashboards.
- Doubled transactions per second capacity utilizing Kafka, Spark, MongoDB and Splunk.
- Challenge the status quo, strengthen change through communication, partnerships, leadership and technology.
- Transformed legacy waterfall teams into streamlined agile teams.
- Built Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines to quickly move ideas to market.
- Strong believer in Open Source vs. costly licensed 3rd Party solutions, where practical.
Principal System Architect
- Reduced yearly cost of $150K architecting and developing a replacement of all market data distributions for Confidential, worldwide Confidential 99.999% reliability. Addresses CAP Theorem constraints utilizing Cloud Services, and distributed virtual Linux Servers, Java 7, TCP-Sockets and UDP protocols.
- Saved over $500K in projects utilizing inexpensive small Linux devices (ODROID, Raspberry Pi), C++, VLC, to power studio graphical wall displays, IP video streaming, HUDs, alerts and digital signage monitors.
- Designed and developed enterprise wide universal driver to control play-out of video assets on Omneon Grid Systems utilizing distributed Linux servers, TCP/IP network protocols, C++, APIs.
- Originated, formed and led mentoring teams to strengthen broadcast engineering teams with advanced IT knowledge and to multiply mentors tasked with sharing their knowledge in a collaborative environment.
Senior Software/Systems Developer/Project Manager
- Increased advertising sales revenue by $100K per month utilizing the power of VIZRT graphic engines to create commercial video graphics over on-air content, allowing advertising without commercials.
- Improved master control room operations efficiency by designing graphical touchscreen media player control interfaces requiring 99.999% reliability and frame accuracy Confidential 59.94 fps, utilizing Object Oriented technology, Java Swing/AWT, Linux desktop PCs, failover technologies, network and application layer protocols (TCP, VDCP)
- Increased production stability by implementing and customizing NAGIOS/ICINGA, an open source monitoring tool, giving engineers a global view of hundreds of servers and services critical for on-air production.
- Cut costs by $200K for an affiliate fonting system by developing software to drive AJA graphic cards (C++ APIs and ImageMagick) vs. expensive character generators.
- Assist teams resolving technical software and network problems and Linux server administration
- Project Manager and technical lead for Headlines News’ on-air automation system (Pharos).
- Trained and experienced Facilitator.
- As a Facilitator it is my purpose to make meetings efficient and meaningful.
- I attended project meetings and helped provide leadership without taking the reins in order to get others to assume responsibility and to take the lead.
- Managed subcontractor development team supporting fiber manufacturing process systems. Multinational product tracking system tracking beginning stages of pure glass core rods to a fiber cable including optical measurements/specifications. Developed in many different environments, UNIX/C with embedded SQL, JSP, HTML, Oracle, Java Servlets, Beans running on Sun’s iPlanet Application Server, Prolific’s Jam Web, Panther, Web Method’s Message Bus all running in real time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Team lead and developer in designing and implementing a client server reporting system.
- System designed for field technicians to batch multiple reports, monitor progress and retrieve Confidential a convenient time.
- Written in Visual Basic, C with embedded SQL on UNIX backend servers utilizing Oracle database.
- IT Specialist to review operations of product tracking system running on NCR UNIX servers. Helped to resolve database deadlock conflicts, process priority conflicts, and process error handling and resolution.
- Team I/ Confidential specialist in supporting an order handling system for Confidential & Confidential ’s optical components. The system was written in C, shell scripts, and COBOL running on UNIX servers and a Honeywell CP6 mainframe.