- Business analyst with extensive knowledge of requirement testing, documentation, validation and verification. Strong experience in software development life cycle analysis, design, testing, and implementation in research, public health, education and international development. Strong understanding of business analytic essential software, such as MS Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Visio, and Tableau. Proficient in developing entity - relationship diagrams, star/snow flake schema designs, and modeling transactional databases, data warehouses, also working with views and other security solutions on MS SQL server. Proficient in designing and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing advanced Tableau visualizations (Pareto chart, Funnel chart, Tree maps, Scatter plots, geographic visualization, etc.) and making use of actions, local and global filters according to the end user requirement. Experience in preparing different documents such as Business Requirement document (BRD), Functional requirement document (FRD) wire frames to illustrate functionalities, test case scenarios and test plan documents, Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM), use cases, and gap analysis. Proficient with Microsoft Excel (e.g., filtering data, sorting columns, hiding columns, pivot tables, basic functions such as Count, Sum, Average, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP). Additional experience in Python, and Django.
- Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall, SDLC (on both Waterfall and Agile)
- Requirements Gathering, UI/UX, Functional Requirements, User Acceptance Testing, Gap Analysis, Test Cases, Workflow Automation
- Salesforce CRM/SFDC
- Python, Django, Java, C++
- Website Design and MS Office Suite
- Data Mapping, Process Flows, Process Modeling
- Project Management: MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence, Technical Writing
- Database Management: MySQL
- Data Reporting: Tableau, SSRS
Business Analyst/Special Assistant
- Analyzed and reviewed a wide variety of related operations and recommended changes to improve efficiency, while prioritizing a large volume of data and daily required assignments.
- Identified and analyzed data reporting issues to develop accurate solutions
- Created reports and worked with the project manager to accurately forecast gross revenue and provide variance analysis.
- Gathered relevant research in support of all Business Segments team efforts to provide in-depth analysis.
- Analyzed company performance versus competitors and industry benchmarks.
- Defined and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures/problems, and input/output requirements to ensure a company's competitiveness and performance.
- Created Tableau worksheets; Designed and developed dashboards.
- Design multifaceted surveys to gather baseline and endline data to aide in research as well as raw data gathering, worked with Tableau and Excel to conduct further reporting and data analysis on findings
- Develop an excel database system to tackle project reports for scheduled business activities, compiled data, and reported on progress to management
- Support the Finance and Administration team with maintaining documentation for business processes, and standardizing subcontractors invoice documentation and tracking
- Facilitate inter-departmental meetings, and gatherings for staff each month, including announcing updates on staff meetings
- Coordinate with staff, partner organizations, and other stakeholders with organizing archives for project scope of work, budget and other project-related correspondence with USAID and partner organizations
- Established and maintained effective working relationships and partnerships across all business units; Emphasized planning & analysis functions and the company’s capacity to serve as a productive strategic partner
- Assist technical team in abstract reviewing, editing of technical documents, and advising on organizational outreach
Technical Business Analyst
- Managed and configured Salesforce CRM, while creating underlying data structures and data flows to support application build, design and implementation
- Worked on testing in Microsoft SQL server with SSIS as ETL tool, as well as conducting data validations
- Worked with data visualization on tableau worksheets, designing and developing dashboards
- Recommended changes to improve efficiency, while prioritizing a large volume of data and daily required tasks
- Documented key processes and configurations according to the team’s project delivery best practices
- Worked with management and team members to successfully deliver project tasks on schedule
- Took initiative to gather additional research to enhance the team's efforts to develop accurate solutions
Business Analyst, (Contractor)
- Spearheaded a team of independent consultants & researchers on a project with Confidential to support Gates Foundation Grant applications
- Conducted research using a variety of analytical tools (SAS, CART, SPSS, Python) and techniques (regression, logistic, GLM, decision trees) to carry out analysis and drive conclusions
- Reformulated highly technical information into concise, understandable terms for presentations
- Used time management and judgement to manage large number of data sources, analyzing data quality, and proactively working with client’s data/IT teams to resolve any issues
- Conducted an in-depth research summary of wearable technology devices, as well as the market for smart-phones and other interactive gadgets
- Designed and implemented business research methodology that analyzed the target population and effectiveness of wearables technology in improving public health in developing countries
- Presented research results in accordance to the Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenges grant requirements
Technical Analyst/Python Developer
- Assist Primary Investigators, and researchers in SQL, Python, and Mat-lab data analysis of raw data
- Worked in daily tasks with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns—with extensive use of Git, Gitlab and Docker
- Managed code repositories, code deployments using git
- Managed issues with JIRA system to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist in software design based on specifications with Django application development and automated testing
- Construct, and maintain an up to date, working website for the use of the Physics and Biological Physics department
- Worked with business users and the data operations group to develop automated ETL routines to ingest disparate sources of data into SQL databases
- Developed tools to support a team of data architects, data analysts and data scientists
- Designed platform to ingest and process data on participants and other stakeholders
- Structuring and manipulating databases to ensure smooth communications across existing systems