- Over 12 years of experience inclusive 11+ years of SAP implementation, Rollout, Enhancement and Support in SAP FICO.
- SAP Solution Consultant in Financials apart from holding Masters of Computer Applications as major.
- Proven Project Lead experience gained by managing full - fledged development activities involving project planning and design, blue print, configuration, data migration, functional testing, integration testing, end user training, cut-over, go-live and post go-live support.
- Extensive FI expertise in implementation and Customization of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Accounting, New G/L and Bank Accounting
- CO experience includes Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders and Profit Center Accounting
- Good working knowledge of integration and Interfaces for FI with AR/SD (O2C), AP/MM (P2P) and coordinating between different module teams to meet the project schedules/goals
- Extensive working knowledge on BRF and BDT that were used in client specific processes
- Coordinated with Project Integration team for integrating the Interfaces to Vertex, Lockbox, Electronic Bank Statement import and posting (multiple countries/formats), global AP payment files
- Extensive experience writing functional and technical specifications and unit test plans, end user training, integration, functional, regression, UAT, performance and end-to-end testing.
- Configuration made for intercompany postings, foreign currency revaluations for open items, and balance sheet accounts. Worked with Tax Procedure, MM and SD Pricing procedures
- Worked on Month End, Year End Closing, GL, AR, AP and Asset Accounting
- Worked on Various Enhancements in the area of AP & AR Correspondence Statements like SAP06, 09, 13, Ageing analysis Report, Account Balances report, External Printing Agency to print forms, in the area of Controlling Cost Planning, Revenue Planning, Evaluated Receipt settlement.
- Good Experience in understanding ABAP and DB tables, Electronic Data Interchange EDI, User Exits, BAPIs, BADIs and creating queries
- High learning curve with the ability to embrace new tools and technologies with demonstrated leadership, ability to resolve issues, drive projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both in independent and team-oriented environments with well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high analytical & problem solving ability.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Bangalore University in 2003
ERP Package: SAP R/3 4.6C, 4.7E & ECC 5.0, 6.0 Ehp7
SAP FICO Sub Components:: G/L, AP, AR, AA, BA; CO - CCA, CEA, PCA; FICA, S4/HANA
Operating systems:: Unix, Windows 95/98/XP, Server 2000/2003/2007/2010
Methodology: ASAP, Agile, SAP Solution Manager, IMG
Applications/Tools: VIM OpenText, HP Quality Center 9.2, 11.0, IBM JAZZ, Remedy, Spira, Jira, Radar, Espresso, Rev-Trac, Solution Manager 7.0 and 10 Versions, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. SAP FICO Analyst
Environment: SAP R/3 ECC 6.0, SAP PI and Vertex
- Responsible for business process analysis that includes requirements facilitation, definition & analysis, Business process design and mapping.
- Define house banks, banks master data, G/L accounts for each bank account and creating reconciliation accounts for customers and vendors
- Defined tolerance groups for employees, GL accounts. And vendors as well
- Configured the automatic payment settings along with payment methods as per client requirements
- Configured the chart of depreciation and input vat, output tax as per client requirements
- Closely working with technical consultants, like upload the GL accounts, vendors, asset master data, and customer master data through BDC LSMW as well
- Designing, developing and testing VIM extensions and improved the OpenText baseline (custom classes, function modules, programs, tables, BADIs) using OOP.GR/IR clearing, Automatic clearing Issues
- Hands on experience in Enhancing the Concur Travel Management process
- Use translation tables to translate legacy data to SAP data format and performed data field mappings (legacy to SAP fields) and VIM OpenText Assisting Accounts Payable leads with implementing SAP supplemental software.
- Defining house banks, banks master data, G/L accounts for each bank account and creating reconciliation accounts for customers and vendors
- If the resolution is a major development or configuration fix, provide the necessary change detail to Level 3
- Hands on experience in 3 PL Interface like Vendor Invoice Management OpenText, Concur travel and expense & CASS
- Monitoring the key business processes in SAP pertaining to posting periods, GL, Invoice postings and Bank Statements etc., via Jobs
- Mentoring the End Users to run the Operations smoothly and monitoring the daily operations
- Resolving issues in the areas of Finance as well as Controlling Module
- Helping the End Users and Core Users to run the Month End Operations smoothly
- Making Functional specs and user acceptance test (UAT) for the users
- Helping the End users in case reconciliation of FICO with different Modules
- Prepare the UT scripts and explain the process to business owners as well as core users
- Maintaining Daily Status Report and weekly reporting of the team members to the management
- Involved the part of Integration with other modules like MM, SD as well as technical teams
- Attend the status meetings with business owners as well as core users. Explain the business process to core users
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 6.0, SAP PI and Vertex
Area of Work: FI - New G/L, AP, AR, BA; CO - CCA, CEA, PCA; FICA, EDI, IDOC, RICEFW.
- Actively participated in the design phase by understanding the requirement, discussing the possibilities with client and the business team for various regions
- Participated in the phases from Design, Configuration settings, IT testing, UAT incidents, Production Validation Testing incidents, Warranty incidents
- Working on AR Business Partner, Dunning Configuration, Customer Aging Reports and customer statements
- Working on AR Cash Application, ACH, Wire Configuration and Customer Bank Statements Clearing process
- Working on AP such as BP setup, payment terms, payment methods, automatic program configuration, Payment advice process, Down payment setup, Payment order concept
- Implementation of Electronic Bank Reconciliation and Interface with bank.
- Business Partner - assigning the Credit Segment and Creating test data for developing various scenarios of Credit Management
- Designed and implementing US legal Tax processes based on business requirement and working on Global Tax concepts with integration of Tax Tool Vertex
- Worked on EDI mapping for outgoing payments and working on DMEE configuration for generating the XML/TXT payment file. Working with a cross-functional/technical teams
- Designed and implanting IDoc process for payment file creation, Vendor Invoice posting and intercompany PO SO process
- Responsible for supporting the existing SAP design and implementing new business required functionality for FICO module (FI-GL/New GL, AP, AR, Asset Accounting and Bank accounts and CCA, Profit Center, and Internal order in CO area
- Hands on experience writing functional specifications and Working with ABAP team to build the custom program and various reports based on the business requirements
- Performed cross application Interface testing and integration testing for FI-SD flow and baseline & performance testing for custom objects for FI and Logistics module.
- Worked on cut-over activities such as data migration, master/transaction data reconciliation, batch job variants creation, Bank keys creation etc. handover the project to supporting team
- Trained business users on various business processes of treasury like applying lockbox, running payment run and recurring entries for periodic transactions.
- Involved in the RTR process by moving the transport requests to the destination system by taking the sign off from responsible team. Hands on experience in the CHARM process.
- Responsible to act as Onsite Co-coordinator for the projects and ensure timely deliveries from offshore pool of resources.
- Executing cutover and pre go live activities.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
SAP FICO Consultant / Business System Analyst
Environment: SAP Version ECC 6.0, SAP PI, Vertex, Open Text, HP QC, Remedy, Portal, VisioArea of Work: FI - New GL, AP, AR, AA, FSCM, BA. CO- CCA, CEA, IO, PCA. P2P, O2C, Taxes, LIV, User Exits, EDI, IDOC, EBS, RICEFW
- Analyzed the client's business requirements, gathered requirements through user meetings, identified the gap and produced the functional documents as per the client's requirement.
- Problem resolution as part of support- analyzing the tickets which included identification of issue, determining the root cause of issue and suggesting the solution to users based on root cause analysis done.
- Responsible for supporting the existing SAP design and implementing new business required functionality for FICO module - FI-GL/New GL, AP, AR, Asset Accounting and Bank accounts and CCA, Profit Center, and Internal order in CO area
- Responsible for preparing test scripts and performing and monitoring testing for support pack implementation.
- Responsible for implementing of various enhancements or mini Projects
- Involved in the configuration of payment terms for vendors, maintained the vendor master records and create payment orders for vendors as per the client's requirements.
- Involved in extending the view for FBL1N- vendor line item report as per the requirement.
- Checking Validation and Substitution rules in analyzing an issue related to automatic account determination.
- Working with SD and MM team when needed to solve the issues related to condition type and movement types.
- Involved in uploading the planned price and future price in material master as a part of testing the custom programs, Involved in the MM validations- Costing and Accounting views as part of conversions.
- Involved in the Cost center Planning. Configured new Activity types, Cost centers, Cost center group and assigned default cost centers to cost elements. Involved in loading of the planned activity rates for the cost centers.
- Working with Technical team (ABAP) to analyze the root cause of the issues like batch job failures, to analyze the functionality of the custom programs.
Confidential, Randburg, SA
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP Version ECC 5.0, 6.0 SAP BI, SAP SRM, Open Text, HP QC, Remedy, Portal, VisioArea of Work: FI - New GL, AP, AR, AA, BA. CO- CCA, PCA. P2P, O2C, Taxes, LIV, User Exits, EDI, IDOC, RICEFW
- Handling day to day queries/ issues related to FICO and other logistic modules integrated with FI-GL, AR, AP, FIXED ASSETS, COPA, PCA and Internal orders
- Interacting with client for gathering new business requirements and mapping the process in SAP
- Responsible for Handling FI integration with SD and MM modules.
- Involved in the cutover plan for the legacy asset upload
- Acknowledge receipt of incident and enhancement requests in a timely manner.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and identify appropriate solution for assigned Incident and Enhancement requests in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify process improvements and communicate those to the client to demonstrate value addition
- Resolving requests in order of priority and update all associated documentation on the AM-PM request per project instructions.
- Maintain current transport status visibility in the Transport DB in the project e-Room or other approved mechanism.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with key client process owners.
- Proactively communicate potential issues to Delivery Manager, escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing the user documents for new enhancements and new process implementations.
Confidential, Pretoria, SA:
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP Versions 4.6C, 4.7E Remedy, Portal.
- Involved multiple deployments model enhancements in the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Cost Centre Accounting, Internal orders and Profit Centre accounting.
- Supporting the issues within the SLA in all the areas in FICO. The issues include the configuration, transaction error; data upload and program/form modifications.
- Resolution of routine support queries in FICO involving issuance of clarifications, analysis of ABAP dumps and Job cancellations in Production environment and user training.
- Providing assistance to team members in resolving configurations issues.
- Identify the functional errors and recommend design change/maintenance for functional improvements.
- Worked on day to day support issues which comprise General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Account Receivable, Asset Accounting and Cost center accounting.
- Created and Defined new company codes and customized as per the client’s requirements.
- In Account Receivable, worked on various support issues like investigating blocked billing document from SD and identifying the root cause of it.
- Created new correspondence types for Payment advices, customer account statement.
- Extensively involved in modification of customer statements, dunning statements and payment advices.
- Configured house banks and maintained accounts in house banks. Defining Check Lots, Payment Terms, Set Up bank determination for all payment transactions, defined posting keys and posting rules for check deposit.
- Responsible for configuring Cash Management including House Banks with multiple Bank Accounts, alternate bank selections for Payments, assigned check lots and defined void reason codes.
- Supported in solving the issues related to the automatic payment program, EBS, Check management, open item clearing and down payments.
- Maintained automatic payment program for new payment methods in multiple company codes.
- Configured Asset classes, depreciation keys and areas, ordinary and unplanned depreciation runs, depreciation accounting, Low value asset, cutoff Value Key for Asset Accounting.
- In Cost Center Accounting (CCA) created Cost elements, cost centers, cost center standard hierarchy, statistical key figures, master data groups, validations and substitutions, reconciliation ledgers, assessments, distributions, allocations using cycle-segment method for periodic reposting, activity types and planning them on different cost centers, planned and actual activity price calculations.
- Worked on financial reports using Report painter/writer tools.
- Work with other functional support team to ensure that all integration issues of changes are covered.
- Knowledge in EDI/IDOC configuration, processing and handling the issues.
- Interacting with the Basis team on moving the transports.
- Responsible for Unit testing and assisted in User Acceptance testing of reports and documents.
- Conducted various meeting with key Management in the Financial Management department to discuss various needed development strategies.
- Provided Post Go-Live support to users and helped them resolving their problems.
- As part of team member actively worked with internal ABAP in developing custom programs, basis team and support team to resolve issues, requests, tickets, enhancements.
- Worked on interfaces flowing from NON-SAP system to SAP.
Confidential, Randburg, SA
SAP FICO Consultant
Environment: SAP Version 4.7C, Oracle
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Providing production support and solved end users issues/tickets in line with SLAs
- Requirement collection & analysis of additional/changed business process in Finance and Controlling modules
- Designed and developed custom reports such as duplicated invoice identification while posting the invoices user using T.code: FB60 & MIRO
- Resolving configuration issues / change requirements.
- Designed and configured Automatic Payment Program, payment terms and Electronic Bank Reconciliation
- Involved in regression testing and integration testing FI with PS, MM & SD
- Involved in integration with FI-MM, FI-SD, FI - HR and F I - PS
- Supervised month end activities and supported on issue for timely closure of monthly reporting
- Designed and configured House banks, Bank Accounts and GL Accounts for Bank Accounts as per business requirement
- Co-ordinated with users for UAT / Integration testing & issue resolution. Provided training to the functional heads and core users from procurement to pay and order to Cash