- Executive Project and Program Management experience of 18+ years through a progressive record of global experience across industries: Technology Strategy and Planning, Assessments, Operational Management, Software Development, Program Management, PMO and Governance.
- MBA with industry s as PMP, SCRUM, Six Sigma. Long - term technology perspective, strategic business savvy, and expert tactical management.
- Led Software projects portfolio exceeding $10+ Million in Information Technology, Retail, Insurance, Finance and Telecom.
- Managed concurrent projects and programs of various sizes with 70+ members in the capacity of project and program manager.
- Led collocated and virtual teams to implementation success for web portals, ecommerce systems.
- A senior leader who keeps the IT organization aligned with business goals.
- Strong vendor and contract management experience with service and product providers.
- Experienced in presentations, RFQ, RFP, contracts, SLA, SOW and sales related activities.
- Experienced in full life cycle implementations and Software Development approaches with strong knowledge of Agile, waterfall, prototyping, incremental, iterative and spiral.
- Great acumen on a wide spectrum of technology functions: Applications, infrastructure, desktop support, business relationships, contracts, and compliance. Career mix of consulting and internal leadership.
- Skilled at leading teams directly and indirectly through management styles.
- Interview got published in PM Network magazine on project failures.
- Received Confidential residency and was invited by Confidential at Research Triangle Park, USA.
- Key note speaker at Intel Workshop on Technology Ventures.
Power BI, Office 365, Windows 10, Microsoft SharePoint, Azure Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Team Foundation Service, Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Traffic and Toll Management Systems (ETTM), Computer Telephony, Interactive Voice Response (IVRs), Enterprise Project Management Server (EPM), SPSS, Web of Science, Scopus, Primavera, Oracle, IBM & Microsoft Technologies.
SELECT AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Information Management and Technology Leadership
- Agile and Scrum Methodologies
- Program Management and Change Management
- Business-Aligned IT Strategy, Budget, and Operations
- Business Process and Systems Improvement
- Technology and Information Governance
- Demand Management, Vendor Management, Negotiations
- Office 365, SharePoint, Agile, SCRUM, JIRA, MS Project, Smartsheet, Visio
- Worked on IT strategy focusing on the organization’s overall objectives and principles. The strategy expressed how technology should be utilized, and a project roadmap was developed.
- Developed strategies for clients through Gartner research to define technology roadmaps and managed large-scale technology implementations.
- Performed Application Assessments, criteria and worked on the framework.
- Steered technology projects initiatives for infrastructure, application upgrades, business and IT related projects for corporate and Non-Profit organizations.
- Managed Application upgrades, Vendor, implementation plan and monitored projects for an upgrade to Cloud, Azure / AWS Platform, Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Conducted software selections, performed vendor assessment based on cost, functional requirements, licensing, support and functional fit of the solutions.
- Managed technology leads in managing a large portfolio of programs and projects
- Successfully ran projects using key metrics as Dashboards, KPI, Burn Charts and Gantt charts
- Lead the transformation and automation of performance reporting and analytics.
- Engaged with the Executive leadership team and provided feedback about strategic projects by building a strong rapport with 15+ VPs and EVPs stakeholders.
- Served as a key strategic contributor to the planning and execution of worldwide information management and project portfolio, capital planning, resource management and infrastructure.
- Designed and piloted program achieving on-schedule and in-budget completion of deliverables while building a best-practice program management practices that drove immediate results toward service delivery improvement mandate.
- Created and implemented cross-functional PMO process to audiences of business and IT.
- Managed delivery of nationwide video conferencing solution and developed resourcing plans.
- Performed assessments of tools and vender recommendation based on the client needs.
- Developed RFPs, prepared responses to the RFPs and proposal development.
- Developed a PMO toolkit for projects to improve organization practices and apply PMI standards.
- SharePoint customization and EPM deployments to aid project teams in effective delivery.
Senior Project Manager
- Designed and implemented a project management governance process for the department to establish and enact priorities.
- Worked with the leadership team to organize project portfolios, enact dotted line relationship to distributed IT leaders, and engage vendors for business transformation project.
- Conducted presentations to senior management and executives on project status and facilitated on-site and remote project meetings, kickoff and sponsor meetings.
- Managed Request for Proposal (RFP) project for procurement of software suite.
- Liaison with strategic sourcing department, executives and vendors for software demonstrations.
- Provided coaching and delivered informal feedback to a team of business analysts and collaborated with resource managers to ensure effective staff development and evaluation.
- Managed BI (Business Intelligence) data warehouse project using Agile and Scrum Practices.
- Applied waterfall and Agile project methodologies to collaborate with team and managers.
- Followed a mix of PMI methodology, Kanban, Scrum and customized Team Foundation Service.
- Conducted RFP analysis and vendor evaluation for Active Directory migration.
- Collaborated with senior managers and data analysts to identify, clarify, and prioritize the Business Intelligence (BI) requirements supporting the strategic goals.
- Led the strategy project for the Confidential .
- Developed a highly coordinated service model to support faculty innovation.
- Managed the SharePoint implementation initiative in the organization and acted as a liaison between technical and business stakeholders to develop project plans and managed contract.
- Participated in the development of strategic plan for the Entrepreneurship Institute, worked with various stakeholders for the successful launch of the strategic plan.
- Engaged in RF P and contract management with international vendors .
Project Management Office (PMO) Manager
- Managed Project Portfolios of over USD 10 M. Received Century Club for being the top 100 performers amongst 6,500 employees in recognition of PMO office success.
- Launched the six-sigma initiative to engage in process improvement and handled the project portfolio of the nationwide build-out project in North, Central and South region.
- Developed a PMO process, defined KPIs and dashboard reporting for the executives to report on the KPIs and other project-related metrics
- Managed the RFP process for Smart Park Project and managed the project scope.
- Developed RFP for the feasibility study and identified model IT Park.
- Interacted with International Bidders, Companies and managed all stakeholders.
- Managed Call Center - COPC project to certify 06 contact centers in Pakistan.
- Monitored for COPC Standard, consulting, implementation and performance assessment.
- Acted as the public interface for Call Center/BPO industry in Pakistan.
Team Lead / Project Manager
- Managed a team of 50+ IT, technical and professional staff on multiple concurrent projects.
- Handled multiple projects with team of architects, designers and developers.
- Managed Electronic Traffic and Toll Management (ETTM) project involving Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) using Proximity Cards and low range RFID readers.
- Developed RFP response and proposal the nationwide Fixed Line SMS platform.
- Team lead for the travel module on the website eWanted.com (first reverse auction website).
- Provided 24x7 hrs of technical support for the ewanted.com (Ranked top 100 - PC Magazine).
- Initiated research projects on VoiceXML, Sales CRM, Workflow Application, and Project Central.
- Got the organization certified as a partner for Microsoft and Confidential business partnership program.