Looking for MS BI leadership role such as BI Director/Manager/Architect/Lead in Boston (MA) Area for Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Reporting and Analytics with Microsoft BI tools such as MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Cube and Tabular Model with DAX), PPS, DQS, MDS, Power BI with DAX, M and R, Power BI Report Server, SQL 2017 Machine Learning Service with Python/R and Azure Cloud Computing with Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and PolyBase, Azure Analysis Service, Data Lake and U - SQL, Azure Machine Learning Service, Azure Data Factory, DocumentDB, Power BI Service and Office 365.
- 14 years of experience in BI management with 4 BI Director roles and 2 BI Manager roles.
- 20+ years of experience in SQL Server Database and T-SQL in SSMS, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing with the whole set of Microsoft BI tools such as SQL Server and Star Schema Data Warehouse, SSAS-Analysis Services (Cubes) with MDX and Tabular Model with DAX and Data Mining with DMX, PowerPivot, PerformancePoint Services with Dashboard Designer, SSRS-Reporting Services and SSIS-Integration Services, Data Quality Services (DQS)/ Master Data Services (MDS) for Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and Enterprise Data Governance (EDG), Office 365, Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop with DAX, M and R, Power BI Report Server, Data Mining and Machine Learning Services with Python/R for Enterprise Decision Support System.
- More importantly I am able to translate the complicated business processes into data models and implement them with BI tools to build Comprehensive Microsoft BI System with detailed architecture design.
- 1-3 years of experience in other DB and BI tools such as Oracle, MySQL, Cognos, Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects and Crystal Reports.
- 15+ years of experience in Mathematical and Statistical Modeling and Data Mining with all kinds of methods such as Linear Programming, Non-linear Programming, Integer Programming, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Factor Analysis, Clustering Analysis, Principal Component Analysis and familiar with analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS, SSAS Data Mining and R-Services.
- 20+ years of experience in applying all Analytical Methods, Business Intelligence and Web Development tools to all kinds of business industries such as Financial, Marketing, eCommerce, Hearth Care and Manufacturing to build Business Decision Support Systems and Web Applications.
- 20+ years of experience in enterprise and system architecture design and analysis using my unique Infobody Model invention and other tools such as UML and Visio to describe and analyze any system structure in any details.
- 15+ years of experience in software development including web application and web services and OData Feed especially with Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#, VB.Net, WCF, Linq, MVC, LightSwitch, SharePoint and SQL Server Database and SSAS Cubes. More importantly I can link the applications together as an integrated enterprise system to reduce the chaos.
- 3 years of experience of Cloud Computing: Microsoft Azure with Power BI Service, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse with PolyBase, HDInsignt (Hadoop), Machine Learning, DocumentDB (NoSQL), Data Lake and U-SQL, Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Web Apps and Office 365.
Hardware: IBM-PC, Macintosh, Sun Solaris, IBM Mainframe.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2/2012, Windows 7, VM Ware and HyperV.
Cloud Computing: Microsoft Azure with Power BI Service, Azure SQL, HDInsignt (Hadoop), Parallel DataWarehouse, PolyBase, Machine Learning, DocumentDB (NoSQL and JSON) and Office 365.
Sr. BI Developer
- Decision Support System with KPI models using SQL Server 2017, SSIS 2017, SSAS 2017 (Tabular Model), Power BI Report Server, DQS/MDS 2017, SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services with Python and R.
- Azure cloud for PDW with PolyBase, Machine Learning, Power BI, HDInsight, Data Lake and U-SQL, Blob Storage and Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Web Apps and Office 365
- SSRS, SSAS Tabular Model and Power BI for Phone System Reporting
- Enterprise Data Governance with DQS/MDS (Data Quality Services and Master Data Services)
- Claim Management System SSIS ETL and SSAS Cube/Tabular Model Processing and Power BI Visualization
- Existing BI System architecture documentation with Infobody Model application
- SSAS Cube/Tabular Model development and QA for Enterprise BI
- Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service Dashboard development
- New Microsoft BI tools (such as PowerPivot, Power BI Desktop, SSAS Tabular Model, DQS/MDS) testing, demo and training
- Mathematical formula documentations for cube development
- Pragmatic Works for BI Documentation and Lineage Analysis
Sr. BI Architect
- Enterprise System Architecture documentation for Data Flow Charting across all systems at Confidential using Infobody Model.
- Business Intelligence system architecture design and implementation to integrate all BI components with the whole set of Microsoft BI tools including SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Cubes and Tabular Models), Data Mining, PowerPivot, Power BI in Excel 2013, Office 365, PPS and Tableau for Dashboard wih KPIs and Power View in SharePoint, Data Quality Services (DQS) and Master Data Services (MDS).
- Month End Processing Architecture documentation in Excel using Infobody Model.
- Month End Processing and Automation using SSIS.
- ETL Development and production for CCAEDW using SSIS from MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and other data sources.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse CCAEDW development and production in star schema using SQL Server.
- CCAEDW Cubes development and production using SSAS with MDX.
- Dashboard development and production for Executive Dashboards using PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint 2010/2013, PowerPivot 2010/2012 with DAX, SSRS 2008R2/2012 and Excel Pivot Tables.
- DxCG Processing and Automation in SSIS, C#, SAS, SSAS Data Mining with DMX and SQL.
- Site Report Automation in Excel Macro (VBA) and Web development in C#.
- Daily Data Mart (DDM) Development for Daily BI Platform in SQL 2012.
- Tabular Model Development for Daily BI Platform in SSAS 2012 with DAX.
- MS SQL Server DQS/MDS implementation and integrated with SSIS for Confidential BI System.
- Decision Support Modeling for KPI Models, Reason Analysis Models, Action Decision Models and Dynamic Feedback Control Models.
- Power BI implementation with Excel 2013 Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View and Power Map.
- Power BI Dashboard Development based on EDW and DDM.
- Tableau Reporting based on CCAEDW Cubes.
- Cognos Reporting from eCW MySQL database.
- Decision Support System development in SSAS Data Mining and R-Services to maximize the company profit.
- Historical Data Warehouse (CCAHDW) development in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, PolyBase and HDInsight.
- Testing Cloud Computing for Microsoft Azure with Power BI Service, Azure SQL, HDInsignt (Hadoop), Parallel DataWarehouse, PolyBase, Machine Learning, DocumentDB (NoSQL) and Office 365.
Sr. BI Architect
- Business Intelligence System Architecture Design using Infobody Model and Visio.
- Report and Report Model Development using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Report Builder.
- Pivot Report Development for slicing/dicing/drill-down analysis and dashboard development in PowerPivot for Excel with DAX and PowerPivot for SharePoint.
- Data Mining model development and coding in DMX and C# for web products and services.
- Data Mart with Star Schema and Web Reporting coding in C#, ADOMD, MDX and ReportViewer embedded in web pages retrieving data from both relational DBs and multi-dimensional cubes.
- Dashboard Design and Scorecard Development in PerformancePoint Services for SharePoint 2010.
- Data Warehouse and Multi-Dimensional Database (Cubes) Development using SSAS with MDX.
- Star Schema and ETL Development using SSIS.
- Existing System and Application Development Documentation using Infobody Model.
Sr. Web/DB Developer
- Web application development for product manufacturing process in C#, Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008.
- Convert Cognos cubes to SSAS cubes for Tableau visualization reporting.
- R&D invention project on Infobody Theory and Infobody Model.
- Consulting in BI with Microsoft BI tools SSIS/SSRS/SSAS.
Chair Architect/Application Development Manager
- Chair of Architecture Group to solve major architecture problems.
- Project management and architecture design for Relationship Manager web application development for loan pricing decision support using Visual Studio 2005, C# and SQL Server 2005.
- Lead an out-source team in India for application development
- BI development project for PerformancePoint Server 2007 (PPS) Monitoring and Planning.
VP of IT/BI Development
- In charge of all aspects in Information Technology and Business Intelligence Application Development and team management.
- Work closely with President/CEO and other departments to analyze business needs for IT/BI development.
- Enterprise system architecture design and development in Vb.Net and C# and SQL Server, multi-dimensional datawarehouse and cubes in SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
Sr. BI Developer/Analyst
- Oracle data warehouse application development for market analysis using PLSQL, JAVA and JDBC on UNIX and NetBeans on Windows.
- SQL Server data warehouse design and development for market research analysis using SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services, MDX, ADOMD, DSO and VB.NET from Oracle data sources.
Director of BI R&D
- Work closely with CEO, VP Product, VP Technology and VP Operations to define R & D topics and propose technical solutions for business problems.
- Strategic planning and research in mathematical and statistical model development for auto loan risk assessment, credit risk scoring, portfolio analysis and market analysis using linear programming, discrete programming, discriminant analysis, regression analysis and Monte Carlo simulation, which makes the system match rate increased from 44% to 91%.
- Hands-on coding for Data Mining and Datawarehousing Architecture in OLAP, DTS, MDX, ADOMD, PivotTable Service and DSO using SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services and Oracle DB.