- 28+ years of software development, support, and test experience.
- Seeking short/long term technical consultant work.
- 18+ years supporting Infor Lawson Procurement, Finance, Payroll, and Human Resource software on a UNIX/AIX platform. Skilled in developing new functionality, interfaces, identification of problems/fixes for existing applications, providing technical support for daily applications, 4GL COBOL, Data Verification Toolset (DVT), Process Flow/IPA, Design Studio and Mobile InBasket.
- Previous ten years supporting Work Management, Security, Performance, and Work Station components on Confidential iSeries ( Confidential ) systems developing new functionality and identification of problems/fixes for Confidential iSeries.
- Team and project lead experience.
Hardware: IBM iSeries, Main Frame, RISC System 6000, PC
Operating Systems: UNIX, IBM iSeries (OS400), VM/CMS, AIX/AFS, Windows
Languages: COBOL, PERL, Java Script, PLMI, REXX, CL, SQL, AutoTester, RPG
Languages studied: Java
Lawson Technical Consultant
- Responsibilities include new development and support of existing Infor Lawson 4GL Cobol programs, Design Studio, and Process Flow/IPA.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
- 16 years providing application support for the Lawson 7.8 to 10.0 Procurement, Finance, and Human Resource software. Responsibilities included the design, code, debug, and documentation of application and interface programs written in Perl, SQL, 4GL Cobol, Java Script, Design Studio, Process Flow (IPA) running on UNIX in an AIX environment.
- Lead developer for Automated Invoice Load (AP and CB), Confidential Payments, Check Reconciliation, Concur, Brainware, DVT, and Archive projects.
Confidential, ROCHESTER, MN
- Duties included working with client to correct system failures by analyzing applications, system dumps, job, source sync, and communication traces, and writing new code to resolve the problem plus unit and regression testing.
- Additional duties included design, code and documentation of new OS400 WS features, being on call for critical situations, and phone support for the Work Station component.
- This component included the open/close of external files, using data description files to build 5250 data streams representing input/output fields, sub files, windows, menu bars, pull down menus, single/multiple choice lists, push button and mnemonic fields, field level error checking, and device recovery.
- This position involved writing system code in the PLMI language. Test programs and customer applications were coded in RPG, CL, and REXX on the Confidential and VM systems.
- Development done on VM and RISC/6000 workstations and personal computers running Windows NT.
- Provided usage and defect support for Confidential customers.
- Responsibilities included: answering customer usage questions regarding Work Management, Security, and Performance - -analyze, diagnose, and communicate Confidential problems to Confidential development--collect and upload documentation from customers necessary for Confidential development to debug code.
- The Work Management component included the creation and/or management of: subsystems, job/out queues, workstation entries, job scheduling, system values, start up programs, system logs, etc.
- The Security component included all aspects of Confidential security including: adopted/group/job/command/library and object authority, job auditing, profiles, etc...
- The Performance component included the creation and/or management of: memory pools, job priorities, expert cache, paging, performance monitor, etc..
- Programmed in PLMI for the Work Management functional area of the Confidential operating system.
- Responsibilities included designing, coding, and documenting new Work Management features, component, unit, and regression test.
- Responsibilities included: creating development standards, procedures, and documentation for automated tests; designed, programmed, and tested programs written in AutoTester; downloaded, setup, and ran automated test buckets.