- Sr. Business Analyst/ Business System Analyst in various business domain including government solutions, mortgage, insurance and financial industries.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and release on Agile - SCRUM and Waterfall Development Environment.
- Strong technical skills in defining concise documentation including product business requirements, system requirements, technical specification, user stories, use cases, test plan, test scripts and requirement traceability matrix.
- Expertise in facilitating and coordinating Joint Application Requirement (JAR) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experiencing Managing the product backlog of requirements to support development activities related to the organizational roadmap
- Work extensively with the team to meet the business requirements, create prototypes and analyze workflow
- Strong experience in creating Use Cases and Activity Diagrams
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Writing and maintaining the Requirement Definition Document that includes Business Requirements (BRD) and Functional Requirements (FRD), Use Cases and UML diagrams
- Planning and developing test plans, test cases and test scenarios to meet business and requirement solutions
- Expert in writing detailed system use cases, developing business test cases and working with QA team during testing phase, thereby facilitating user acceptance testing with stakeholders and business users
- Exhibit strong analytical ability during Functional testing, Regression testing and UAT testing
- Develop and conduct internal training programs for developed applications
- Strong Knowledge CMMI, GDP, and Quality Assurance (QA) standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group, clients, managers, and subject matter experts
Business Modeling Tools/Requirement Management Tools: MS Visio, HP ALM, Quality Center
508 Compliance Tools: JAWS, WAVE
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
Operating System: Microsoft Windows, UNIX
Languages: JAVA, SQL
Applications: SharePoint, REMEDY, Active Directory, McAfee/Symantec
Requirement Management Tools/ Testing Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, Selenium
Sr. Business Analyst /Consultant
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Assists the product owner in assessment of current capabilities and prioritization of work that will deliver the most value to the business
- Works with clients, stakeholders and business owners to produce requirements, determine feasibility, analyze requirements and recommend design solution options.
- Assists with product backlog grooming and Sprint Planning
- Work closely with project owner in backlog management and continuous delivery of features
- Elaborates Software Requirements Specifications and Software Design Specifications for new, enhanced and retired applications
- Assists the Product Owner with user story prioritization before the sprint planning meeting.
- Performs demos for the stakeholders of new functionality that was created in the current sprint.
- Interacts with business owners, SMEs, and management team to identify scope and to prepare Business Requirement Documents, Use Cases, User Stories, and Activity Diagrams to further develop Technical requirements and/or Functional Specifications.
- Provides guidance to project managers, business owners, development team and subject matter experts to resolve the outstanding issues and actions of items that are taken in the review meeting.
- Facilitates defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and conform to deadlines.
- Conducts sprint planning based on new and backlogged requirements.
- Use JIRA to manage task, product backlog, story, issue in sprints
- Performs task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using HP ALM.
- Participates in development of training materials for the new technology and organizing User Training.
Environment: MS Office, SharePoint, Visio, HP ALM, JIRA, Oracle, SQL server, J2EE, JAVA
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Prepared Business Requirement documents and communicated with client for a sign-off or changes to the document.
- Involve in analysis of business and user needs, documentation and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Interacts with system testers and developers to ensure business system features are properly implemented
- Performed Gap Analysis of existing system to identify drawbacks, bottlenecks, and improvements.
- Created and verified user stories and use case specifications with activity and state diagrams.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from the database for Backend Testing.
- Involved proactively to communicate with development team regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the projects.
- Facilitated resolution and communication of cross-functional team on issues and decisions.
- Participated in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting. Also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Perform task decomposition, delegated tasks, and monitored project milestones using MS Project and HP ALM.
- Assist in overseeing User Acceptance Testing to execute, and track defats found
- Prepared Daily and Weekly status reports by summarizing activities on the project.
Environment: HP ALM, JIRA, Oracle, SQL server, J2EE, JAVA, MS Windows, SharePoint, Visio
Business Analyst/ QA Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Interacted effectively with peers, management and cross-functional teams to address and resolve issues
- Developed Business Requirements, Use cases, and Business Rules
- Prepared the Traceability Matrix for mapping the requirements with the Test Cases through Quality Center.
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Participated in weekly meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Developed and maintained project timelines with necessary project objectives documented.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation were in place.
- Developed & executed Test Scenarios for User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with the QA managers for the regular update of the project
- Worked closely with Software Developers to isolate, track, and troubleshoot defects
Environment: MS Visio, Quality Center, JIRA, Oracle, Windows, SQL, .Net
IT Application Support Analyst
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Assisted customer with troubleshooting, installation, and upgrade computer hardware and software components and programs.
- Reset password and elevating rights to all users with Active Directory.
- Received and recorded technical issues for both phone an email support using Remedy ticketing system.
- Performed both hardware and software installations for major PC rollout.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Upgrade various laptops and desktops to the latest patches and Antivirus software.