Architecting and developing complex data migration, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions (on premise and cloud). Manage and lead a team in an agile and fast - paced environment.
- Proven hands-on experience in ETL, Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Architecting and leading multiple data warehouse projects
- Evaluated a number of cloud data warehouse tools for client.
- Conversion of legacy mainframe applications to modernized Oracle-based applications.
- Experience working with end users, technical staff and all levels of management
- Technical lead for team of 11 employees.
- Manage daily activities.
- Create and maintain system design and architecture documents
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Track record of delivering projects on schedule and within budget
- Enthusiastic leader, mentor and coach
- Full BI from Customs and Border Protection
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange, Confidential Data Services
BI Tools: Confidential, Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy
Modeling Tools: Erwin (3NF and Dimensional Modeling), Systems Architect
Databases: Oracle Exadata, DB2 and SQL Server
Project Planning: Microsoft Project, JIRA
Confidential, Washington, DC
Data Architect/Technical Lead
- Data Architect/technical lead responsible to evaluation of all cloud related data warehouse tools in the market for the Office of Confidential Corporation ( Confidential ).
- Evaluated, learned and demonstrated the following tools to the end user:
Cloud Platforms: AWS S3 and Redshift, Azure Blob and SQL Server, Snowflake and Oracle Cloud.
ETL Tools: Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS), Talend, Pentaho and Azure Data Factory.
BI tools: Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Confidential, QlikSense and Looker.
Confidential, Springfield, Virginia
Senior Data Warehouse Architect/Technical Lead
- Designed, developed and implemented multiple data marts using Kimball methodologies
- Perform full lifecycle development from inception through implementation of projects
- Created conceptual, logical and physical data models using Erwin
- Coded ETL mappings and workflows using Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange (currently on version 9.61)
- Create Confidential universes and Webi reports (XI, 3.1 and 4.1)
- Conversion of legacy mainframe applications to modernized Oracle-based applications
- Work directly with end-users to capture accurate requirements, prepare requirements and design documents and provide follow-on/ad-hoc support
- Provide technical leadership to multiple projects. Manage resources and daily activities.
- Utilize Agile methodology to plan and develop projects
- Prepare, maintain and deliver project plans using Microsoft Project to track and communicate project status and performance
- Results driven, excellent stakeholder management skills, attention to detail
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Provide consulting service to government and civilian customers in data warehouse design and business intelligence using Confidential Data Services (ETL tool) and Confidential universe and reporting tools (versions 6.5 and XI ). Create data models using Erwin.
- Worked on the Department of Justice’s Trustees project to create multiple data marts (using Kimball methodology) for ad-hoc querying and reporting.
- Duties include requirements gathering, data modeling (relational and dimensional star schemas using Erwin), creating Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) scripts using BO’s Data Integrator tool, Universe design, creating Web Intelligence and Desktop Intelligence reports and providing end-user training. Selected to be part of the EIM team.
Confidential, Springfield, Virginia
- Provide data modeling and data administration support for the Confidential Customs development teams.
- Create data models using CA’s Erwin, AllFusion Gen, and Popkin’s System Architect tools.
- Responsible for creating logical and physical models using Erwin by interviewing users and conducting JAD sessions. Generate DDL from Erwin and AllFusion Gen.
- Also reverse engineered from databases into logical models, perform complete compares, add source to models, and maintain data naming standards.
- Maintain models in ModelMart and Gen Encyclopedia.
- Also responsible for assisting other team members in resolving technical issues.
- Maintain project plans in Microsoft Project.
Confidential, Falls Church, Virginia
Senior Systems Analyst
- Responsible for creating a logical and physical data model using Oracle Designer 9i .
- The data model concentrates on the re-design and merging of existing applications that deal with Contract and Task Order maintenance.
- Used Brio to query the corporate data warehouse to produce customized reports.
- Worked with all levels of management and technical personnel to provide financial and schedule reports after every reporting period.
- Assisted in providing bi-weekly and monthly project status deliverables to the client.
- Also designed an MS Access database to keep track of planned cost for task orders.
- Manage all configuration management (CM) activities for the FOCUS project.
- Also responsible for making enhancements to the MS Access Enterprise database.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining cost/schedule baselines, developing Resource Loaded Networks (RLNs) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) using MS Project for the GICS/ICMS and the Confidential projects.
- Responsible for tracking actual costs and developing Estimates at Completion (EAC).
- Implemented Earned Value Methodology and conducted related variance analysis.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Created a training program for identifying oversights in full life-cycle software development projects.
- Provided training classes to employees.
- Other duties included client interaction, marketing and interviewing and placing of software professionals.