- Senior Specialist in Data Architecture, Data Modeling, and ETL
- Senior Information Technology Leader and developer/architect with more than 20 years of experience providing strategic information technology solutions and strong Confidential process leadership.
- Proven ability to develop and promote strategies, analyze Confidential value, and implement process change.
- Experience ranges from database architecture, ETL design, and data modeling to leading the operations of an IT infrastructure organization in a variety of market conditions.
- Confidential has a strong combination of both corporate staff and Confidential consulting experience directing the full process life - cycle.
- Many industries have been included (financial services and insurance, utilities, wholesale/retail, pharma, telco, healthcare, etc).
- A key benefit to this depth of Confidential experience is the ability to converse on equal footing with all members and levels of both the Confidential /user communities and the IT group, all the while translating the interchange between the two.
- This eliminates the inter-group misunderstandings which doom many IT projects to the delivery of ineffective applications, or outright failure..
- Recent experience includes both hands-on development and leading others (onshore and offshore).
SOME (NOT ALL) OF THE SOFTWARE USED:
- Oracle db2
- SQL Server
- Informatica (through 9.x)
- BOBJ Data Services
- PowerDesigner and ErWin Modeling Tools
- Information Builders
- Autosys and Control-M Schedulers
Principal Consultant and Practice Lead
- Objective to lead and expand data & analytics practice US (global headquarters in Europe).
- Pushed into additional industries and software. Industries added included healthcare, insurance, and manufacturing.
- Mentor junior consultants and guide training/development initiatives. This included activities such as showing consultants better ways of dealing with clients to build relationships and gain additional Confidential . I also co-ordinated setting up training classes in tools such as Talend, Informatica, WebFocus, Qlik, etc,
- Lead assessments & projects with new and existing clients. This included performing assessments, responding to proposal requests, and leading/performing initial analysis/design activities for clients such as a Utah-based chemical manufacturer and the County of Maricopa.
- Hands-on senior developer on difficult or major tasks such as database modeling and design.
- Formed and nurtured partnerships with software vendors such as Informatica, Qlik, and Information Builders. This included such activities as locating correct contact personnel, co-ordinating contracts, attending national industry shows/events, integrating marketing, and meeting with senior vendor executives.
Senior Applications Consultant & Manager
- Lead data architect & data modeler on two-year global data warehouse project for multi-national pharmaceutical mfr (80 countries)
- Evaluate and document Confidential requirements.
- Analyze structures and data in multiple source systems.
- Architect and model data repository.
- Create source-to-target doc..
- Manage onshore and offshore(India) ETL teams
- Advise on client contracts
Senior data architect
- Lead data architect on new finance sub-system
- Interact with senior client managers down through other IT staff
- Evaluate Confidential requirements. Investigate with Confidential staff as needed. Verify/complete Confidential Requirements Document.
- Analyze structures and data in multiple source systems. Document.
- Architect and model data repository. Create SQL DDL scripts.
- Create source-to-target doc and SQL queries for report developers
- Address any data issues discovered during report phase.
- Analyze source data systems.
- Advise and/or design improvements to target data structures.
- Design build and test Informatica ETL data code.
- Troubleshoot code issues.
Senior Data Architect and ETL
- Mentor junior developers in various disciplines.
- Analyze source systems.
- Design data structures and create SQL DDL code scripts.
- Design and create ET code in Informatica and Confidential Objects ET tools.
- Investigate data issues with Confidential users and IT staff.
- Create IT documentation.
- Investigate and recommend software options.
Senior Data Architect and ETL
- Confidential 7 projects over 2.5 years data analysis and documentation ETL lead Create Informatica ETL code
- Sutter Medical Analyze existing data warehouse structures Recommend and/or code improvements to data warehouse Analyze data ETL processes to identify inefficiencies/roadblocks. Re-design data pathways across internal network. Redesign Informatica ETL process code dramatically reducing load time.
- Sodexo Analyze and document data from multiple source systems in multiple countries. Coordinate data designs with dashboard and report developers Assist in target designs. Build Informatica ETL code for multi-nation wholesale ordering system and reports from it.
Senior ETL Developer
- Analyze and document data from hydroelectric power systems.
- Create ETL code/processes using Informatica PowerCenter and DataStage
- Analyze and document data from industries such as credit card data, telecom, pharmaceuticals and property/casualty insurance.
- Create ETL code/processes using Informatica PowerCenter
- Design insurance agency reporting system
- Underwriting of major excess surplus line insurance risks across states.
- Authority up to $30 million per risk.
- Placement of facultative re-insurance.
- Design of insurance program products.
- Manager of managing general agencies against nine states.
- Confidential analyst/subject matter expert/quality verifier for corporate IT group.