Strategic and solutions - driven professional with proven record of success. Creative strategist skilled in generating renewed energy and visionary direction to drive development of analytical solutions for commercial as well as internal customers. Dynamic change agent instrumental in shaping long-term direction of technology in highly matrixed environments. Possesses unique combination of technical and management acumen (DBA and MBA) to inspire trust, clarify purpose, and build long-standing, collaborative relationships throughout all tiers of an organization.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- IT Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Database Architecture
- Dimensional Modeling
- Database Administration
- ETL Architecture
- Cross-Cultural Leadership
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Customer Relationship Management
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Facilitated development of high quality and maintainable code by defining and implementing data modeling and database programming and testing standards that were followed by a team of 100+ developers
- Designed database infrastructure architecture for 24x7 availability within data center and disaster recovery site using SQL Server availability groups
- Selected database and reporting and analytical software platform based on Microsoft’s SQL Server and Sharepoint technologies and then presented recommendations to the top management of the company to get their buy-in
- Provided database administration, data modeling and database development expertise for 150+ people development team by recruiting and managing a team of 10+ data professionals
- Worked with business stakeholders to develop logical data models and with application architects to develop physical data models amounting to 600+ tables encompassing end-to-end business functionality related to movement of crude oil, natural gas liquids, petrochemicals and refined products through pipeline.
- Promoted standardization and enrichment of metadata by developing and maintaining data dictionary
- Facilitated collaboration on design and live documentation for developers and architects by maintaining a repository and a portal for data models using Embarcadero ER Studio
- Defined and implemented processes for source control of data models and database objects using TFS and SQL Server database solution
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Senior Database Architect
- Heightened reporting capabilities for Pennsylvania Health Care and Cost Containment Council leading design, development, and implementation of delivery solution for mandatory government reports. Employed Star Schema methodology for data mart design and used ER Studio for data modeling.
- Amplified efficiency and improved quality by proposing and implementing new analytical tools for biostaticians to expedite data delivery. Tools enhanced industry-wide recognition for company by augmenting research and presentation capacities.
- Executed successful delivery of commercial Comparative Database application sold to several major hospitals.
- Led database design of Barcode 360 and Drug Cost Opportunity Analytics commercial applications. Improved quality, efficiency, speed and supportability of application by devising and implementing changes in the development processes by introducing templates for technical design documentation, database deployment scripting, and source control of database objects and data model development.
- Implementated proposed data and ETL architecture roadmap including reconfiguration of database servers, database design best practices, ETL metadata standards, new ETL server for SSIS packages.
- Capacity planning for Pharmacy Solutions comprising 20 database servers and 200+ databases.
- Managed SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 R2 migration of several databases and associated DTS packages.
- Streamlined database support processes by collaborating with Database Admin team encompassing internal leads and outsourced resources to ensure optimal functionality of all database support functions.
- Automated data validation and quality assurance processes
Confidential, Los Gatos, California
- Conducted user interviews and prepared requirements documentation, conducted user training sessions and facilitated data validation activities.
- Designed data extraction methodology from the source systems, designed data marts employing star schema methodology, designed structures to report on data quality
- Managed activities of a team of 3-6 people spread in different locations across the world involved in development of logical and physical data models using ERWin, development of database objects and code in Oracle, development of ETL processes in DataStage and Informatica.
- Facilitated reporting and analysis tools selection, implemented SQL Server Analysis Services cubes’ based reporting, dashboards and data mining using ProClarity, Polyvista, Brio and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Defined best practices for implementing business rules in Operational Data Store, ETL, and Data mart databases, Cubes or Reports.
Lead Informix DBA
- Hired to streamline database operations and support for Superior Court of California courtroom management system.
- Devised and directed implementation of improvements to database schema change process, preventing future emergency releases caused by database issues.
- Trained Junior DBAs to maximize productivity.
- Facilitated installation, software setup, and database design, replication, and database maintenance enterprises.
- Promoted from temporary position into permanent role as Lead DBA based on outstanding contributions and performance.
- Multinational information technology services company with 3K+ employees and more than $200M in annual revenue.
- Led full lifecycle of numerous projects as integral member of software consulting company. Key projects included: