Certified Senior Business Systems Analyst - Scrum Product Owner with a progressive 15+ years career in functional, technical and managerial capacities. Possesses a successful track record in maximizing value of existing technology infrastructures and implementing new, cutting-edge enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management systems. Used Agile / Scrum methodology to help internal and external resources deliver optimized initiatives that drive incremental shareholder value. Exposed to a broad range of IT experiences in high-tech; software manufacturing; retail; manufacturing; financial, financial services, health care, public and warehousing sectors.
Application framework: System i400 (AS/400), ASP .NET, Oracle, MS-Project, MS-SharePointMSOffice, MS: Visio, HP Quality Centre, Sparx, HL7, JIRA
ERP/CRM Packages: Island Pacific, PKMS (Retail), JBA System21 (Manufacturing, Distribution), Onyx CRM, Salesforce.com, Oracle Order Management ERP, StreamLoan CRM, iFast
Methodologies: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Use Cases, User Stories, UML - Visio workflows, Control Charts, Flow charts, JAD, Interviews, brainstorming, Business Process Reengineering
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Product Owner
- Designed, created and tested documentation for automation of common services for different eHealth services including OLIS, PR and PPR.
- Developed user manuals, presentations and work effort estimates using Sparx, MS-Office, MS-Visio, MS-SharePoint, JIRA
- Elicited requirements from stakeholders using different requirements elicitation techniques that included (but not limited to) GAP analysis, JAD sessions, interviews, prototyping and reverse engineering.
- Used appropriate tools and methodologies to document and validate business requirements and functional specifications, such as use cases, User stories, Epics, UML, workflow analysis, data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, flowcharts, and Agile methodologies, JIRA.
- While working on healthcare Provincial Common Integration Services (PCIS) developed and presented business (BRD), functional (FRD), system (SRS) requirements specifications, to management and other stakeholders.
- As a Product Owner organized and ran stakeholders evaluation meetings to determine ROI (Return on Investment) and negotiated MVP (Minimum Valuable Products) requirements / User Stories
- Created Epics and User Stories and managed Product, Release and Sprint backlogs
- Owned the product backlog, ensuring the backlog is prioritized, cleaned and refined
- Decided what to build and what not to build, translating the strategic plan into tactical execution
- Worked with others in product management to plan releases that are aligned with overall corporate goals
- Provided post-release education via demos, release notes and other documentation
- Engaged customers and end users to elicit feedback around the product offering
IT Business Analyst
- Designed, tested and created documentation for automation of provincial loan registration system.
- Developed user manuals, presentations and work effort estimates using MS-Office and MS-Visio.
- Used appropriate tools and methodologies to document and validate business requirements and functional specifications, such as use cases, UML, workflow analysis, data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, flowcharts.
- While working on the loan registration systems developed and presented functional (FRD) and system (SRS) requirements specifications to management and other stakeholders.
- Assessed user needs, led user meetings, designed proposals and implemented projects.
- Designed, developed and implemented test scripts for UAT Testing.
- Developed and maintained internal knowledge base system for Loan Registration services using MS-SharePoint.
- Created custom wikis and SharePoint repositories for Loan registration services.
- Performed QA and UAT testing using HP quality centre.
IT Business Systems Analyst
- Designed, tested and documented order management and sales automation applications using ASP.NET, Tandem, Salesforce.com, MS-SharePoint and MS-SQL
- Rolled-out Salesforce.com using SDLC for Internal use
- Developed user manuals, presentations and estimates for internal users using MS-Office
- Developed and maintained internal knowledge base system using MS-SharePoint
- Assessed user needs, led user meetings, designed proposals and implemented projects
- Presented functional and system requirements specifications to management and other departments
- Designed, developed and implemented test scripts for QA and UAT Testing
- Created project specifications and plans using MS-Project
- Created custom wikis and SharePoint repositories for internal Customers
- Performed QA and UAT testing using HP quality centre
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Project Leader
- Designed, tested and documented Manufacturing, Retail, Logistics, Investments, Insurance and Financial projects for external customers using Java, Onyx CRM, and SQL in Unix environment
- Managed a team of developers on a project-by-project basis
- Deployed software packages including Onyx CRM, iFast using SDLC for External Customers
- Created documentations, presentations and estimates for users using MS-Office
- Developed and presented functional specifications to management and solicited approval from various stake holders
- Designed, developed and implemented Test scripts for unit and system testing
- Provided business user training for customers and led weekly status meetings
- Led various projects for specific customer needs to full customer satisfaction
ConfidentialIT Business Systems Analyst
- Played key role in design of Electronic Prescription Services.
- Integrated Ontario Laboratories Information Systems (OLIS) to Provincial Common Integration Services (PCIS).
- Introduced and successfully implemented Agile methodology in Confidential
ConfidentialIT Business Systems Analyst
- Implemented commercial Lease registrations for Bank of Nova Scotia for all provincial registries.
- Implemented retail Loan registrations for GM for all provincial registries.
- Designed and maintained document repository for Confidential +H Registry services using SharePoint that created a centralized documentation facility allowing consistent access to all necessary project documents while maintaining versioning and access control.
- Created Registry Services knowledge base using SharePoint that allowed business users to quickly find information regarding rules and forms of Loan registrations for different provincial registries.
- Increased performance of existing production software by 40% through troubleshooting, code optimization and elimination of software errors.
ConfidentialIT Business Systems Analyst
- Lead BA on rolling out Salesforce.com in Confidential . The rollout improved sales effectiveness of Dell internal sales force leading to increased productivity and timely sales measurements and reporting
- Implemented Export Compliance tracking and auditing system to facilitate compliance of US export regulations. The new system enabled Dell to maintain compliance and stay within its prescribed legal obligations
- Designed and maintained document repository for Confidential IT and Business units using SharePoint that created a centralized documentation facility allowing consistent access to all necessary project documents while maintaining versioning and access control
- Created Dell Order Management knowledge base using SharePoint that allowed business users to quickly find information regarding various business processes in Dell
- Implemented Environmental fees (ECO Fees) collection system for Confidential as per various provincial Electronic Stewardship programs.
- Increased performance of existing production software by 50% through troubleshooting, code optimization and elimination of software errors
- Greatly improved Dell Order management system performance. This allowed Dell to reduce the time it took to process orders and ship products to end customers