- Senior IT consultant with a portfolio that span over 22 years of technical and functional engagements in healthcare informatics, finance, and banking; career highlights include build/manage onsite - offsite IT delivery model, design and development of ETL/BI framework, health care analytics, and ERP implementation.
- Possess good knowledge of and worked on mining datasets of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, HL-7, EDI-837, Professional/Facility/Pharmacy Claims, DRG, NDC, UPIN/NPI, excellent written and oral communication and problem solving skills.
- SQL 20+ years
- SAS (EG 4.2, Base 8.x, 9.x) 5+ years
- Informatica PowerCenter 7.x, 8.x, 9.x 10+ years
- MS BI Stack 2005/2008 3+ years
- Oracle 6.x, 7.x, 9i, 10g, 11g 15+ years
- SQL SERVER 2005/2008 5+ years
- Teradata 3+ years
- Confidential with a workforce of 190,000+ employees is a global leader in technology, services and consulting.
- They enable clients in more than 50 countries to create and execute strategies for their digital transformation.
ETL Architect/Lead Developer
- Designed and developed ETL Framework for a cable company.
- Currently leading the development team that has both onsite and offshore team members.
Technology: Informatica PowerCenter 9.x, Informatica Proactifve Monitoring, Informatica DVO, Informatica Analyst, Teradata, Oracle, Unix Shell Scripting, Sybase IQ
Technology: Informatica PowerCenter 8.x, oracle 10g, Unix Shell Script, SQL
- Redesign/design, development and implementation of ETL Solutions that included hundreds of mappings, workflows and other collaterals.
- Scalability/performance testing
- Managing offshore and onsite teams that included 7 developers
- Co-ordinate with vendors (Informatica), in-house INFA Admins
Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, SAS EG 4.2 (Base 9.1), Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008.
- Medicare Part-C and D regulatory reporting requirements gathering, gap analysis, identification of data elements to pull from multiple sources like ODS, flat files, and excel that would be consumed by SAS application to generate reports
- HIPPA 4010/5010 crosswalk
- Impact analysis of retiring ODS to be replaced with EDW as the single data source
- Requirements gathering for fact and dimension tables.
- Finalizing BRDs and client sign off
- Developed 10 mappings using Informatica PC 8.6
- Determined user/business/functional requirements.
- Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for and Help Desk teams.
Senior Health Care Data Analyst,
Confidential, MIAMI LAKES, FLORIDA
- See the impact of card promotions as they happen. Track spending patterns and effectiveness throughout corporate hierarchy
- Keep a pulse on overall gift card liability and sales uplift
- Gain more control over managing profit margin
- Determine contingent liability by promotion using the powerful tools of choosing date fields and constraints of choice
- Take control over managing credit and debit card costs by performing chargeback analyses - drill through to see what makes up your invoice costs without having to page through numerous static reports
- Perform drilldowns into data to determine if there is an issue with a point-of-sale device, or to uncover opportunities
- Determine which locations are outliers when it comes to credit card activity
- Understand and take control of interchange qualifications activity
- Pinpoint sales activities at all levels of organization - merchant, chain and location - all the way down to the outlet
- As a senior data warehouse business analyst was extensively involved in initiation, planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance phases
- Project life cycle was two years and since it would involve multiple iterations agile methodology was followed.
- Star Schema design
- Use Case and Cardinality test
- System design and development to stage ETL extracts for SSAS consumption to build OLAP cubes to slice and dice by front end app.
- Individual ownership in back end requirements fulfillment for reporting services
- Team lead in bug fix/enhancements as reported by report users
- Support on-call
- Requirements gathering to automate ETL, OLAP base data generation, Facts and Dimensions generation, validation, staging, and cube building.
- Implementation of incremental updates
- Data scrubbing to help facilitate demo and developer data marts creation
- Individual ownership and maintenance of an 80-process OLAP Seed with 40 registers and 15 variables for creation of 2 Fact and 12 Dimension Tables, 1 Stub REC, Surrogate Keys generation.
- Average Fact tables size
- Merchant (SEARS)
- Card Summary 203 Million Rows/43 cols/Size 72 GB
- Transaction Summary 310 Million Rows/24 cols/Size 32 GB
- Complex Dimension Tables
- Dim Fiscal Time
- Merchant-specific fiscal calendar
- Expiry of a merchant’s fiscal calendar
- Change of fiscal period for a same merchant
- Dim Geography
- Lots of data cleansing
- Usage of fuzzy logic
- Change of location for a same merchant
- Since the Seed conformed to Data Warehouse Bus Architecture merchants like Shell, Best Buy, Sears, and McDonalds were boarded at different time intervals without any change to the Seed.
BI System Development
Tools: INFORMATICA POWER CENTER 7.6.1, SQL, MS BI Stack 2005/2008, SAS 8.x /9.2
- Mentor junior business analysts
- Prepare lessons learnt document based on the experience from the healthcare version of the reveal line
- Data scrubbing and encryption to adhere to HIPAA norms
- Star Schema design
- Canonical data modeling to include Professional and Facility claims as a single composite data mart
- Diagnosis hierarchy, Procedure hierarchy, Professional and Facility Fact, Beneficiary Dimension, and Provide Dimension Tables.
- Use case and cardinality test
- Create process for ODS
Data Inventory Management and Audit
Tools: SAS, SQL, Power Point, TCL/PERL
- HIPAA compliance
- Customer retention
- Team Lead and mentor junior analysts
- Extended it to other clients like Confidential and First Data
Analytics and Reporting Team Lead
Tools: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, SAS BASE 8.x/9.x, EG 4.x
- Independent ownership and management of Reports Auto Validation
- Reports sent to thousands of merchants daily
- Processed more than 3.6 billion financial records a day
- Lead a team of 5 analysts
- Weekly client meetings
- Missing SLA tracking and optimized long running SQL queries to save payment of penalty to high value clients like Wal Mart, Mc Donald’s, Sears, and Shell Germany
- Requirements gathering for 200+ reports implementation documentation to move the projects into production and DR facilities
- Trained internal staff on query optimization
PM/Sr. Business Analyst
Tools: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, Proprietary Statistical Tool called Confidential
- requirements gathering project sizing coordinated with PMO in resource allocation liaison with clients scheduling status meetings with clients and developers client sign off implementation documentation to move the projects into production and DR facilities
- Close coordination with Account Managers (RNs and Physicians), Programmer-Analysts, data center, and application administrators, technical/non-technical users.
- Good understanding of user requirements and translation of these requirements into technical specifications for the programmers and analysts
- Developed technical specifications like CCI Violated Procedure Pairs by Policy and Provider, J Codes, Outpatient Prospective Payment System
- Fulfillment of Law Enforcement Requests
- Law Enforcement Requests Inventory Management
Sr. Data Analyst
Tools: SQL, SQL Server, Proprietary Data Mining Tool
- Development, installation, maintenance, and user of EIS Reporting Services highlighting.
- Branch profile
- Environment scan and local business prospects
- Bank and industry level benchmarking
- Performance review and analysis
- Implementation of enterprise-wide ERP solution
- Disaster recovery
- In-house applications developer in Oracle and MF-COBOL
- Y2K team lead
- Data migration to Oracle from legacy system
- Production Reports
- Profit and Loss Account
- Income Recognition and Asset Classification
- Management Information System on Loans and Advances
- Provident Fund and Pension Fund Statements
- Employee Mutual Welfare Fund