- Quality - focused, diligent, and solutions-driven senior technical project manager with years of diverse experience in the development and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance technology solutions and software.
- Extensive knowledge in all phases and aspects of IT projects to include project conception and initiation, project definition and planning, project execution, project control, and project close.
- Experienced in overseeing and leading technical teams through the entire software development lifecycle as well as working closely with business line owners and other project stakeholders to ensure proper requirements definition, analysis, and on time delivery of developed IT solutions.
- Skilled at working closely with government and private industry customers to ensure expectations are met or exceeded using structured, best practice project management methodologies. Extensive technical background to include knowledge and use of the current J2EE based technologies.
- Ability to communicate highly technical principles and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Creative thinker and analytical problem solver able to identify and address issues quickly to minimize any potential impact to a project’s overall success.
Unix/Solaris/AIX/Linux/NT Platforms; Informix; DB2; Oracle 8i; SQL; Embedded SQL; C; C++; MS Visual C++; Java; Assembly; BEA WebLogic; BEA WebLogic Portal; IBM WebSphere; Apache; MQSeries; HTTP/ HTML; J2EE; Servlet; EJB; JNI; TCP/IP; X.25; RPC; OFX; SS7; X.400; Rational Product Suite; UML; Remedy; CMVC; MS Office Suite; XML; VXML; JIRA; Agile; DevOps
Confidential, Washington, DC
Information Technology Manager
- Managed applications in the Confidential group facilitating development and deployment of IT Solutions for the Confidential Institution.
- Responsible for supporting the full IT lifecycle providing close technical support and coordination with affiliated teams and organizations to ensure on time delivery and operation.
- Supported IBM Tririga based facilities management applications for various Confidential organizations.
- Facilitated the development and deployment of ACAD/BIM solutions to aid in the oversight and management of Confidential facilities.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Senior Project Management Consultant
- Directed and supervised the development and deployment of the Electronic Spatial Management and Reporting Tool (eSMART) capability that maintained records for the entire federal real property inventory for GSA.
- Managed input and controlled all phases of the business and development lifecycle to include project and capital planning, budget analysis, contract definition, contract management support, technology evaluation, and business line and OMB support.
- Supervised and managed software development contractors in the development and ongoing enhancement of the eSMART Tool capability.
- Coordinated on a continuing basis with Real Property Asset Management representatives from all eleven GSA regions in the acquisition and definition of new/modified requirements for the eSMART tool. Headed the change control board (CCB) that was responsible for acquiring and defining new requirements.
- Charged with communication with various groups inside and outside of GSA to ensure the continued authority to operate this application as required.
- Handled the support of over 1,000 active eSMART business line users that used the application to manage all federally owned building space.
- Oversaw and supervised all technical aspects in the development and deployment of this solution. Worked closely with all technical development and operations personnel as required.
- Assisted and supervised the development and use of other PBS applications as required. This included downstream applications that were involved in managing occupancy agreements and generating rent bills.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Manager, Information Systems and Technology
- Managed and supervised a team of Rational Unified Process (RUP) software development lifecycle (SDLC) process specialists at the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Directed the development and deployment of SDLC best practice processes and solutions for all Confidential Information Technology contractors and in-house staff.
- Oversaw the process of administrating related tool deployments across the entire foundation.
- Planned, scheduled, and conducted all aspects of follow-on training and mentoring activities with NSF/contract personnel.
- Earned recognition as a contributing member of the Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) forum that identified new best practice processes and procedures within NSF.
- Drove the strategic vision in promoting and instructing NSF/contract personnel on the introduction and use of SDLC best practice solutions within NSF.
- Responsible for providing technical input and final approval authority on all deployed SDLC best practice process tool execution.
- Guided the development of custom Clearquest workflows using Agile like collaboration with various Confidential staff.