- Database Infrastructure
- Data Architecture
- Data Modeling
- Data Profiling
- Metadata Mgmt.
SKILLS / UTILITIES:
Modeling Tools: ERwin, ER/Studio, Enterprise Architect, Power Designer, System Architect
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Informix, Non - Stop SQL, DB2
Tools & Utilities: SSMS, SQL Developer, SQuirrelSQL, Data Studio, Notepad++, Beyond Compare, SVN, TortiseSVN, HP ALM, VersionOne, MS TFS, MS Office, SharePoint, Teamwork, JIRA
Lead Data Architect
- Responsibilities included setup and administration of ER/Studio Enterprise environment and a SharePoint document library to publish data models and data dictionaries for 300+ legacy databases.
- Data Architecture Principles
- Data Modeling Standards
- Data Model Scorecard
- Data Classification Capture & Maint. Using ER/Studio
- ER/Studio macros to facilitate the above
- Lead Data Architect on a conversion / enhancement project transitioning an application from SQL Server / .NET platform to Oracle / Java.
- Assisted with defining / cataloging the current state architecture including inventory and assessment of existing data stores as well as documenting current data flows.
- Designed and developed the database architecture and standards for the new application to ensure alignment with business and IT objectives which includes:
- Creation and maintenance of Process and Data Flow diagrams using PowerPoint
- Creation and maintenance of Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models using ERwin
- Generation of table, sequence and permissions DDL scripts to instantiate Physical data models within client database instances
Senior Data Architect / Data Modeler
- Preparing and presenting Conceptual data model diagrams using Embarcadero's ER Studio Data Architect to communicate recommended scope and direction to the review board and project teams.
- Developing and presenting Logical and Physical data models according to corporate data standards for both agile and waterfall project methodologies, across Oracle, SQL Server and Teradata platforms.
- Ensuring alignment with enterprise strategic direction for data management, naming standards and data modeling best practices.
- Designed and implemented a metadata repository to store and expose the data dictionary, ETL logic and run logs and data lineage
- Data modeling and DDL generation for a highly normalized ODS to support the current legacy systems’ data and the “to be created”, next generation operational system
- Data modeling and DDL generation for a number of dimensional data marts
Client Solutions Lead
- Lead the data consulting teams on client engagements
- Worked with client project managers to facilitate data discovery, mapping, extract and transmissions to Confidential
Data Warehouse Architect
- Hardware and software selection, purchase and installation
- Design and implementation of metadata structures to maintain the Data Dictionary, Source-To-Target Data Mapping, ETL Derivation, Validation & Disposition logic, Data Profiling Results, Data Quality and Usage statistics and Research Project information
- Data modeling and DDL generation for a highly normalized ODS to store data from multiple subject areas including Cancer Registry, Radiology, Radiomics, Bio-Banking, LIMS, Microarray and Patient Survey
Principal / Client Solutions Lead
- Data model maintenance and change management with the development staff in the Confidential Republic
- Project management over Proof of Concept data loads
- Business requirements analysis, data analysis, metadata management, project management, customer support, authoring documentation, developing a training curriculum, presenting training, product sales demonstrations, functionality and performance testing and both product and strategic planning
- Developed groups of Data Warehouse, Business Objects reports for the Finance organization including a series of Pricing Adjustments audit and trend reports and Data Warehouse summary calculation validation reports
- Developed processes, procedures and tools to perform “data readiness” analysis as part of ERP system upgrades and conversions
- Expedited a huge data cleansing effort by developing a utility to assist in setting acceptance thresholds for address standardization updates using Status Codes provided by First Logic address standardization tools
- Special Data Processing - Designing, modeling and documentation for both a highly normalized logical and first cut physical data model(s) using ERwin for a complete reengineering of the company's core operational systems.
- A set of fully attributed data models along with new operational system screen mockups were delivered providing a roadmap to a new enterprise data architecture
Director of Data Warehousing
- ERwin data model maintenance for an ODS and 6 datamarts
- Project management of the database (Informix to Oracle) and ETL tool (ESQL C programs to Informatica) reengineering effort
- Capacity and performance and disaster recovery planning
- Departmental budget responsibility, staff career development / training plans, and performance evaluations
- Produced hardware and software specifications for an infrastructure that would be capable of delivering a large volume of reports within specific time window
- Oversaw the delivery, installation and configuration of the hardware / software combination across development, test and production environments
- Firm wide, biweekly engagement reports were deployed and for the 10 days surrounding the end of each month, the system generated 2,000+ Monthly Operating Reports for more than 15,000 employees on a daily basis
- Ported the domestic Data Warehouse Operational Data Store data model to Europe
- Designed an initial data mart and developed the ETL routines to populate both
- Implemented a report development, scheduling and delivery environment along with developing a set of 35 reports