- Implement, upgrade, support, modify, and train on large - scale ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software systems
- Enable financial, order management, procurement, and manufacturing business processes on large-scale ERP software systems
- Redesign business processes to improve standardization, efficiency, and compliance with internal controls
- Standardize enterprise business data and processes to enhance business performance and gain economies of scale
- Maintain knowledge of current and future releases of ERP software and integrated partner products
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Managed and supported Infor SyteLine 8 ERP suite with ~200 users for ~$100 million manufacturing company.
- Managed relationships with Infor, channel partners, and service providers.
- Managed annual budget of ~$400 thousand.
- Managed implementation projects of new Infor SyteLine ERP functionality and add-on modules.
- Negotiated discount of 32% on the purchase of Infor PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) licenses and additional core Infor SyteLine and Infor SyteLine Finite APS licenses, saving ~$70 thousand.
- Negotiated discount of 50% on the purchase of Infor SyteLine QCS (Quality Control System), Infor SyteLine Doc-Trak, and Infor SyteLine Shop-Trak licenses, saving ~$55 thousand.
- Partnered with the director of operations to transition the company from using Infor SyteLine MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and manual manufacturing scheduling to using Infor SyteLine Finite APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) to perform constraint-based material planning and manufacturing scheduling.
- Negotiated a release from an Infor contract for Infor PLM implementation consulting services when Infor laid off the local consultant they provided. Switching to a new consultant would have disrupted the project and caused the budget to be exceeded because of transition time and unexpected travel expenses. Contracted directly with the original consultant to continue the implementation project.
- Configured Infor PLM 10.2.2 and Infor SyteLine 8.03.10 to automatically create item and bill of material information in SyteLine by transferring it from PLM through standard integration functionality.
- Reorganized ~2,500 screens into 400+ custom permissions groups to standardize and simplify the Infor SyteLine ERP permissions management process and enable effective and reliable internal control.
- Installed Infor SyteLine QCS to integrate Infor SyteLine Purchasing and Manufacturing with quality control, to replace a homegrown quality management system, to enable a single point of entry and data-mining of quality information.
- Installed Infor SyteLine Doc-Trak and Infor SyteLine Shop-Trak to integrate Infor PLM with Infor SyteLine Manufacturing, to eliminate the need for printed drawings and work instructions, to ensure only current information is used in manufacturing, and to minimize errors and rework.
- Extended standard Infor SyteLine Intelligent Data Objects (IDOs), created User Extended Table (UET) columns, created User Defined Types, added custom fields to forms, and created custom form list sources and validators.
- Created custom Infor SyteLine Application Event System event handlers to: 1) notify users of newly created manufactured items; 2) notify users of items changed from purchased to manufactured; and 3) restrict record updates to the user who created a record.
- Analyzed usage of custom Infor SyteLine forms and reports to identify those needing to be retained and upgraded during planned upgrade from Infor SyteLine 8.03.10 to 9.xx.xx.
Principal ERP Systems Analyst
Confidential, Stafford, TX
- Supported and trained ~300 Infor SyteLine 7 and 8 ERP and field service users in 6 countries on 25 production Multi-Site (integrated) databases.
- Provided thought leadership in identifying and selecting Infor SyteLine 7 and 8 ERP software modules and integrated partner products to address current business requirements and enable future business process improvements.
- Advised stakeholders, across all functional departments, and at all organizational levels, on business process improvement opportunities, procurement, supply chain, and manufacturing management, and financial and managerial accounting issues.
- Managed projects and led implementations and upgrades of Infor SyteLine 7 and 8 ERP software and field service applications.
- Wrote requirements definitions for custom functionality and interfaces.
- Created extensions of standard Infor SyteLine 7 and 8 ERP software functionality with fully-upgradeable modifications.
- Reduced complexity and increased manageability of SyteLine Multi-Site architecture through redesign and re-implementation during upgrades from version 7 to 8. Reduced number of forms databases from 13 to 1 while increasing number of application databases from 13 to 32. Made all application database schemas identical, including all custom fields. Eliminated copies of standard forms, allowing personalized standard forms to be upgraded with FormSync. Created numerous custom Replication Categories to enable sharing of master data between Multi-Site databases.
- Implemented two Infor SyteLine 8 ERP software Entities and two Sites for new divisions in China, using Infor SyteLine 8’s China country pack.
- Managed 14 Infor SyteLine ERP software upgrade projects from version 7 to 8.
- Eliminated segregation of duties conflicts inherent in vendor-supplied Infor SyteLine ERP software permissions management structure by reorganizing ~2,200 screens into 300+ custom permissions groups.
- Co-designed custom application to detect segregation of duties conflicts resulting from assigning specific combinations of permissions groups to users.
- Created and populated a document library to house all of the documentation on the company’s 200+ Infor SyteLine 7 and 8 ERP software screen and report modifications using Microsoft SharePoint and InfoPath.
- Enabled company to save ~$100,000 by obtaining a discount of ~50% on the purchase of new Infor SyteLine ERP software named user licenses and avoid potential penalties for overuse of licenses. Identified need for license purchase by writing SQL scripts to analyze license compliance.
- Led applications team in identifying the requirements for splitting two existing Infor SyteLine 7 ERP software databases into four in order to segregate U.S. and international operations. Led applications team in implementing the two new manufacturing company databases.