- 7+ years of Business Data Analyst experience in various domains like Financial, Insurance, and Telecommunication Domains.
- In depth understanding of SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) and RUP (rational unified process).
- Experience in coordinating with business and IT across all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC). Hand on experience on full life cycle of the project.
- Hands on experience in creating Process Flows and Data Flow Diagram (DFD).
- Extensive experience on interaction with system users in gathering business requirements through user interviews, workshop and involved in developing projects. Chaired and conducted JAD sessions with business and technical teams.
- Experience in creating Business Required Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Experience in Data Modeling using tools like ERwin, Microsoft Workbench and Toad Data Modeler.
- Strong experience working in the data management team to maintain data quality by implementing different DQ validation rules and strong experience in handling Exception data by creating a complete Workflow process for remediation.
- Experience on extracting data by partnering with ETL team, Data Quality (DQ) team for validating data.
- Worked closely with Data modelers and Architects extensively on Data Modeling and Data Migration.
- Excellent understanding of Data Warehousing Concepts - Star and Snowflake schema, Slow Changing Dimension (SCD) Type1/Type2, Normalization/De-Normalization, Dimension & Fact tables.
- Experienced in performing data analysis using various techniques in Excel by using advance functions like v-lookup, h-lookup, pivot function etc.
- Worked ondifferent relational databases such as Oracle, Teradata, MS Access and SQL Server.
- Extensive experience in Data Profiling, Data Parsing, Data cleansing and Data mapping.
- Created and executed Test Plan, Test Scripts, and Test Cases based on Design document and User Requirement document for testing purposes.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environment. Capability to work closely smoothly with business users, project managers, team leads, architects and peers.
- Oracle11g,MySQL, Teradata, ALM, QualityCenter 9.2, SOAP UI 4.5,, Hibernate, Eclipse, Net beans,Visual Studio 2008, UML,ERwin, Microsoft Workbench, Toad Data Modeler, Tortoise SVN, TOAD for Oracle 12.1, SQL developer, OPNET IT Guru.
- Java, Python, SQL, HTML5, CSS3, Auto IT V3, PHP, UAT scripts, XML
- Windows(2000/XP/Server 2003/08/ Vista), Apache Tomcat, IIS7, Mac OS, Ubuntu & SUSE LINUX, MS SQL Server, MY SQL Server
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Data Integrity Consultant
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and auditing the integrity of all data in Salesforce.
- Involved in developing data readiness assessment and data conversion strategy documents for the planning and initiation phase.
- Responsible for legacy system data profiling and data analysis to produce the accurate estimate of the data that needs to be converted into Salesforce.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries for data manipulation and validation.
- Identifying data defects for LOB Master data, gap analysis and involved in the data reconciliation /validation activities for data updated in Salesforce.
- Responsible for continuous improvement related to core data quality and communicating with the owners of the legacy systems to cleanse and prepare data prior to the conversion.
BSA/AML Data Analyst
- Ensures data elements for all boarded loans are accurate and perform logic checks utilizing customer data to validate loan data fields against loan documents.
- Assists with clearing data exceptions for customer in the process of being prepared for securitization and sale through the same proves of reviewing log documents in database.
- Analyzed loan populations independently and can effectively manage portfolio and workload can work effectively with all levels of management.
- Maintains and provide applicable reports related to stats and exception corrections to team lead or transaction management team for system update.
- Configured and implemented Salesforce for Confidential Special Lending and Investment team, enabled access for 50+ users.
- Retired the old and impractical software products, replaces them with salesforce.
- Created user stories, product requirements, built data dictionary and data glossary.
- Created mapping documents for migration data.
- Did Data profiling and cleansing task using Demand tool as well as manual UI updates.
- Performed Data Cleansing, and updating data mapping for change in requirements from business
- Involved in issue triaging during Pre and post migration as well as helping testing team and dev team for update.
Environment: Teradata, SQL Server Management Studio, JIRA, SharePoint, Demandtool, Strategy, Filenet, Excel
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Business System Analyst
- Involved with Business Technology to discuss and finalize the Migration Selection Criteria requirement to define the data requirement for the data migration process.
- Performed gap analysis to compare the legacy application data with the functional requirement document of the new CRM application. Worked with the Data Architect team as well as the Data Modeling team to close out such gaps by consulting with SME’s from the Business Stakeholders.
- Brainstorm and consult with the lead BSA team members along with developers to prepare a mapping document template to include all the required parameters for the development team as well as for the management team for capturing the status of the mapping.
- Involved in doing data profiling work using IDQ as well as excel spreadsheet to look at the metrics of different data elements. Work with Data Quality Management team to define the Data Quality rules to eliminate the exceptions.
- Involved in functional design review with the developers and SME after the requirement gathering.
- Work with exception handling team as well as the business IT to remediate the exception data through proper exception handling process.
- Involved in preparing S-T mapping document incorporating the entire business requirement as well as data validation requirement for the developers. Also, provided pseudo codes to the developer to better understand the requirement using SQL.
- Worked on analyzing, remediating and suggesting for the issues logged by the QA team on the ETL codes and provide sample data set to support the validation.
- Performed Data Cleansing, Data Mining and Data Mapping for change requests and new requirements.
- Assist developers in loading the data from the staging layer to the destination object and analyze the process time, run errors and discuss with the development team to enhance and expedite the process.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Toad, Quality Center, SharePoint, Toad Data Loader, Informatica Power Center, UNIX, Windows, Microsoft Office, Tableau.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Business System Analyst
- Worked closely with the Project Manager in creating the process swim lane and also estimates for completion of the technical artifacts needed for development.
- Conducted meetings with the product owners and the scrum master to determine the requirement for each Confidential and divide the requirement based on the priority to specific sprints. Worked as a liaison between the product owners and the development team to go over the requirement and helped scrum masters to allocate time for that Confidential .
- Analyze data using excel spreadsheet functions like v-lookup, h-lookup, pivot etc.
- Worked closely with Business SME’s to analyze the data in various source systems for loans and mortgage.
- Involved in various working session to get a better understanding of the reporting requirements from the end clients.
- Analyze the existing EDW to find out the gaps that are required to feed into the downstream data mart for generating the reports related to loan and mortgage.
- Worked with the Data Architect and the Data Modeler to restructure the existing EDW tables to close the gaps that are identified.
- Created a source to target data mapping document for the ETL development team incorporating the business rules and data validation rules to backfill the data into existing EDW with data lineage between various systems.
- Involved in creating a test plan with QA team and walk them through the complex logic with the help of supporting data writing complex SQL against various source systems.
- Performed backend ETL testing using SQL queries on both source and target systems, log issues generated into Quality Center and take an initiative for issue triage.
- Involved in performing the data type validation and helped data modelers to assign proper data types for the added new elements in the table within EDW.
- Provided pseudo code for ETL developers to reproduce the code when necessary.
- Involved in writing SQL queries on the source and the target database for validating the UAT test cases.
- Experience conducting workshop in different iterative development lifecycle for user feedback.
Environment: Oracle, SQL Server,Erwin, SharePoint, Abinitio, Quality Center, LINUX/UNIX, MS-Visio, MS Project, MS Office.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business/ Data Analyst
- Conducted Interviews, brainstorming and Question and Answer sessions with the business stakeholders to identify reporting requirements and converted the captured requirement into Business Requirement Document to be provided to the IT stakeholders for implementation.
- Analyzed Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams using Visio.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to resolve issues relating to difference between business requirements and technical design, discuss on unclear requirements with the business to get better understanding on the requirement.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data validation by writing complex SQL queries on the various source using TOAD against the ORACLE, DB2 databases.
- Researched upstream data sources and ensured its owners attested all source data sources.
- Perform gap analysis between the existing system and the requirement and close out the gaps by capturing data requirement to be implemented in the future system.
- Provided primary liaison between business/operations/vendors and development team.
- Worked closely with Data Architect and Data Modelers to help creating data models and created data flow diagrams for the to-be process.
- Created report specifications containing mapping to source data sources with complex business logics for data transformation.
- Created and executed SQL queries (using Rapid SQL and MS Access) and scripts to validate data movement and generate expected results for UAT.
- Conducted UAT to verify whether all the Requirements were catered to by the application.
- Used Rational Test Manager for Test Case Management and Rational ClearQuest for defect tracking and resolution.
- Good knowledge and exposure to Data Mining and Data Warehousing concepts.
- Worked with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Helped project management team to track down the progress on various aspects of the project by maintaining a well-defined excel template. Provide periodic update to the entire team as well as the business users on the progress.
- Experience in user communication and conducting training material for end users.
Environment: Oracle 10g, DB2, Rapid SQL,MS Access, TOAD, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, MS Office, UNIX and Windows, Tableau.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Business Data Analyst
- Involved in Requirement Scoping and analyzing high priority requirement for implementation.
- Assisted PM in creating project plans, taking into consideration projects mission, process flow, timelines, and requirements and documented them.
- Liaison between stakeholders, system users, SME, software development team and the QA team throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Worked gathering Ad-hoc Reporting requirements for credit card payments.
- Attended JAD working sessions with Data Architects to build up subject area specific models.
- Worked closely in conjunction with business (SME’s) and application data stewards to get business responses and source-to-target mapping clarifications.
- Conduct data analysis using SQL & Excel as part of requirements analysis and to assist data quality teams.
- Conducted economic and financial analysis to identify business trends and development opportunities.
- Involved in variety of reporting tools such as SQL and MS ACCESS for querying underlying database tables and resolved data issues.
- Extensive use of EXCEL PIVOT tables to run and analyze the result data set.
- Created spreadsheet reports and graphs from statistical analysis of customer data to help determine the highest priority for the sales teams to pursue selling to customers.
- Built and maintain Excel reports using VBA, formulas, and pivot tables.
- Creating and publishing a Project Charter Document.
Environment: DB2,TOAD, SQL Developer, AQT, Clear Quest, SharePoint, MS Office, UNIX and Windows.