- 10+ years of extensive experience as Business Analyst and Data Analyst in banking domain in US and APAC - playing increasingly complex roles from a personal banker, business consultant and solutions manager.
- Experience of working through 5 large development projects from start to finish.
- Certified Scrum Master and an agile practitioner with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills, conflict management skills, oral and written communication.
- Key acumen includes Business Analysis in Retail & Wholesale Banking domain, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and a solid subject matter expertise in various banking transaction processing systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Requirement Analysis and solution design
- Agile Practitioner
- Risk Reporting for BASEL regulations
- Credit Analysis and reporting.
- Financial accounting and statements.
- Expert knowledge on banking products and practices.
- FATCA tax reporting requirements.
- SQL skills on Oracle, SQL server and other relational databases.
- Experience with analyzing data on Hadoop clusters using HIVE, PIG and HDFS.
- Testing skills honed through UAT, SIT and production testing.
- Expert data analytics, analysis and mining skills.
- Working experience in data tools such as Paxata and ETL tools.
Senior Data Specialist
- Data specialist in the sourcing of data from transaction banking, retail banking and corporate lending Transaction processing systems in to a bank wide data management repository.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and assurance of the data from multiple systems, maintaining meta data and certifying data readiness for downstream consumption
- Hands on with SQL tools and Big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Paxata.
- Involved in the construction of data lakes and provided data extracts at Client, product, transaction, segment level granularity to external and internal consumers.
- Managed a team of data analysts and delivered data dictionaries, system manuals for various processing systems within the bank.
- Spear headed the data profiling, identification of golden sources of data elements, data modeling and linking data across multiple banking systems.
- Have a thorough know how of the life cycle of the lending products and the associated data elements involved. Delivered a regulatory report spanning all wholesale lending customers for the Insolvency and Bankruptcy board of India.
Business Solutions Manager
- Worked as a Business Solutions Manager for bank wide Implementation of Performance Management Reporting platform for Wholesale Banking.
- Managed Capital Reporting projects and performed Business Analysis of Credit Risk regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of sourcing and processing of data from all upstream systems to Capital & Revenue reporting Infrastructure
- Being in the DWH domain have hands on experience working with data from Core Banking, Lending, Trade Finance & Financial Markets. Possess good understanding of the products in these domains.
- Implemented the data sourcing of 15 African Markets from all Wholesale Banking up stream Transaction Processing systems for Credit Risk & Revenue reporting.
- Implemented key projects such as Management Re-Allocation for sales person recognition, Trade products recognition framework, US FATCA Tax reporting, Sourcing of data from General Ledger Enrichment Layer.
- Spear headed all BAU changes in the Information Management domain by working with multiple stakeholders - Operations Teams, Country Finance Teams, business teams, developers, QA testers and ensure smooth production implementation of the projects.
- Involved in the estimation and Impact analysis of upcoming projects in the pipeline. Prepare the estimates, forecast and act as a gate keeper for changes affecting the management reporting Data warehouse.
Senior Business Analyst
- Was the Senior Business Analyst for the Confidential of Confidential . Implemented the Confidential rollout for 10 African countries.
- This project aimed at providing batch & real-time online data for the Confidential application which is primarily used at the Customer service centers across Confidential .
- Involved in major Core banking system transformation for Singapore and Malaysia. This involved the upgrade from legacy 3rd party vendor products to an in-house Core Banking Solution.
- In the Confidential data warehouse, was the business analyst for the Early Warning System Project which focused on reducing the batch time, manual intervention through automation & avoiding rerun in case of upstream data issues or production failures. This ensured the batch output to the end user was delivered in the stipulated SLA.
Senior Business Analyst
- Worked as Business analyst for “Sales Channel System” project for Confidential . This project is part of the performance management, score card creation and incentive computation of the branch sales Relationship Managers.
- Possess experience working on DB2 backend database and functional expertise on the data from multiple upstream systems.
- I have automated the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Business rules in the system which measure the performance of the relationship managers and calculate the sales incentive component of the payroll.
- I have worked on creating business requirements & functional specification documents, reviewed the UI screen design, and devised the security matrix access system for the application.
- I have been a vital point of communication between the development team and the business users, helping the team achieve the business-technology bridge and work seamlessly and efficiently with all stakeholders.
- I have prepared the requirement traceability matrix, test strategy documentation, reviewed test design scenarios and test plan documentation.
- I have coordinated system testing and UAT with business partners and helped with status tracking, control and reporting, identifying change items from missing pieces of functionality and helped in delivering the projects on schedule.
Financial Tax Consultant
- Underwent an extensive training program at Confidential & Confidential covering the different tax laws and theories for individuals and business owners.
- As a tax advisor, I have helped to profile clients based on their financial state and offered superior tax planning advice, investment consulting and filed their income tax returns with maximum possible tax refund.
- I have expert knowledge in tax reporting involving the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the United States and the state tax laws
- I was a successful relationship manager because of my in-depth knowledge of the various deposit and loan products offered by the bank and mapping these to customer needs. I exhibited great acumen in interview techniques, which helped me, identify and offer needs based solution to clients.
- I have provided solutions to customers on basic banking, consumer lending, credit cards, adjustable and fixed rate mortgages, home equity loans and lines of credit.
- I was part of the bank’s core team that worked end to end in the implementation of the Loan Quest product, I worked as a BA in requirements gathering and was also part of the User Acceptance testing process.
- I developed bank business by acquiring and developing client relationships, providing bank services, qualifying loans, meeting sales objectives, ensuring compliance with bank policies and government regulations.
- I have consistently displayed and delivered the best customer experience to both new and existing clients in my book of business. I was rewarded for my customer service skills in the form of referrals from my existing clients.
- I was an active participant in the community outreach programs of the bank. I have organized and offered many presentations, seminars and open houses in the community colleges, hospitals and businesses. These outreach activities generated many leads, which I carefully converted into satisfied clients.
- I owned the New Hire Orientation program in the bank headquarters in downtown Dayton.
Assistant Branch Manager
- I directed the daily operations for retail bank, including branch sales, business development, customer service, credit analysis and scheduled daily and periodic reporting.
- Possess experience in Branch Automation, Cash Management, Compliance and AML processes, Electronic Document Management, Item Processing, Payment processing, ACH and Solution Consulting.
- I spearheaded the effort of implementing the CRM tool Salesforce.com across the branch network, was a business analyst from the bank’s end and gathered requirements and was part of the documentation process.
- I am an expert in financial Statement Analysis, Credit report analysis, Confidential systems and mortgage structuring.
- I have worked through the entire consumer loan life cycle starting from loan interview, application, approval, under writing and closing.
- I am skilled in personal and corporate banking products like CASA, personal and commercial loans, Commercial trade products, money market, sweep and cash management accounts.
- I have analyzed financial statements and pertinent information to determine creditworthiness of prospective customers.
- I have counseled corporate clients and high net-worth individuals about their borrowing needs.