Confidential, Fargo, ND
- Recruited back as a consultant upon my return to the US from living abroad to assist with a Confidential Security Process and claim and payment processing migration project.
- Draft contingency plans for disaster recovery of critical systems per Confidential guidelines
- Security Lockdown of Servers following Confidential Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG’s)
- Provide Proof of system security compliance for numerous audits (SSAE 16 and 912)
- UNIX and Linux System and application admin to replace core claim & payment, batch and real - time processing system from M2 to Tibco.
- Manage and Design application deployments across multiple systems and technologies
- New systems consists of Dev, Test, Production environments with 37 new servers, plus 12 CEM servers.
- Planned and tested use cases and load testing on new environment
- Locked down new and legacy systems with Confidential STIG’s
- Ongoing application and server administration for 14 server system legacy claim and payment processing system
- Experience with JBoss, Websphere, MQ, Oracle, GPFS, and CIFS.
- Understand and Utilize ITIL principles and processes
- Implemented Government Mandates for HIPAA 5010
- Planned and Implemented Government Mandated ICD 9 to and ICD 10 transition
IT Project Team Lead
- Project Management for all projects related to systems
- Selected to manage a new team, consisting of team members from 2 existing teams and new hires
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and terminations.
- Responsible for daily performance management, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and compensation allocations
- Project Lead of 4010/5010 File Format Change
- Coordination and Communication of numerous vendors and providers
- Ensure ITIL framework is followed by team
IT Project Management / UNIX & Linux System Administrator
- Recruited back as a consultant after obtaining my MBA, to focus on developing and improving claim processing practices and procedures.
- Lead a cross-function team of 14 including IT, EDI, and claims processing vendors
- Coordinate the execution of tasks by leading and managing team members
- Implementing 2 new software suites to manage claims and payment processing
- New System consists of 15 new Prod servers, 15 new Test servers, and 13 new Dev Servers.
- Monthly project updates given to Executive Team at Confidential
- Hit Confidential mandated milestones
- Improved claim processing availability for trading partners to 99.8%
- Implemented 25 new servers, doubling the daily claim processing from 300K to 600K
- 13 month project, with numerous cross function teams represented on the 11 person team
- Highly complex situation due to ongoing issues in application prior to Optimization and Redesign
- Led a 4 person IT team
- 5 Primary team members consisting of; Server, Applications and IS professionals
- Responsible for integrations with M2, Blue Squared, and Blue Exchange
- The clustered solutions from Sun will allow for higher availability and stability
UNIX / Linux System Administrator / Technical Support Analyst
- Administered critical claims and payment processing system
- Unix and Linux System Administrator
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Administered Tivoli Storage Manager on over 600 servers.
- Experience with multiple security guidelines, including HIPAA, Confidential, PHI, and others.
- Extensive experience with Confidential STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides)
- Shell and PERL scripting
- Installed Critical Security Patches, having them in production within 72 hours