15+ years of experience in the IT and business applications development and Analysis field as a results - driven and creative Business Intelligence Analyst. A proven record of consultation, analysis, project management and implementation, and system and infrastructure maintenance across corporate business units. Extensive experience in requirements gathering, project planning, and facilitating collaborative efforts to deliver technical solutions within performance metrics and financial targets.
- Business Process Analysis
- Mapping and Automation
- Strategic Plan Development
- Project Design
- Execution and Management
- Data Acquisition Analysis and Integration
- Operations Analysis
- Cross-functional Communication
- Microsoft Office Proficient
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst/ Developer
- Developed and executed Business Intelligence (BI) training programs and provided scalable, cost-effective technical solutions to meet the business requirements of the consumer credit reporting agency
- Supported technical and Business as Usual (BAU) activities with a focus on BI tools and Oracle-engineered platforms.
- Authored complex reports and self-service BI dashboards, scorecards, and ad-hoc reports utilizing OLTP and OLAP designs using tools like OBIEE, Data Visualization, BI Publisher and others.
- Consulted with management and key stake holders to gather requirements, identify problems or key issues, and determine analytical solutions.
- Analyzed reporting business processes and recommended process improvements ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinated BI Initiatives between business users and technical team where applicable.
- Conducted and acted as Project Manager Duties based on project scale and size of cross-functional teams. Leveraging Agile Methodology using JIRA and Microsoft project.
Sr Business Analyst/ SaaS
- Created and deployed automation solutions and integrated core business functions and provided guidance and expertise to the Regional and Global procurement teams on functional content and processes with Oracle ERP, Ariba Contract Management and SharePoint.
- Conducted financial analysis of sourcing spends, supply base financial standing, supply market business intelligence overviews, and bids reports to the global procurement group.
- Led analysis and effectiveness review of existing systems, ERP modules and Software as a Service (SaaS) leading to the development of business-critical strategies, compliance alignment, and risk mitigation.
- Built and developed executive and management level reports and self-service dashboards using BI tools like OBIEE, OBIA, PowerBI, Excel and Access database.
- Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure business and technology alignment. Proposed solutions meeting defined specifications and needs.
- Partnered with developers to automate manual processes, saving time and money while decreasing errors. Credited as a primary driving force behind a 10% increase in cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives during 2014 and 2015 fiscal years.
Business Intelligence Administrator/ Analyst/ Report Developer
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Managed BI-related implementations, migrations, and configurations and supported day-to-day operations of the Oracle ERP, database, and data warehouse for the skin care product company.
- Facilitated the implementation of Oracle BI, the migration of Oracle Discoverer Reports, and oversaw the installation and configuration of the Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
- Developed technical solutions, including the ETL process customization to extract data from custom fields and non-Oracle tables.
- Configured the OBIEE BMM-layer, designed custom subject areas for high visibility reporting and ad-hoc analytics, implemented security, and administered group and user-level privileges.
- Led and managed cross-functional development teams, prioritized key initiatives, and delivered business reporting solutions.
- Conducted training and support for Subject Matter Expert (SME), business analysts, and Oracle application end-users.
- Led cross-functional projects with stakeholders from Finance, Marketing, and the sales team.
- Created and developed report for Marketing campaigns, baseline KPIs, profiling and customer retention.
- Conducted data modeling of business-specific data warehouses and marts and defined dimensional hierarchies and aggregation in the Oracle BI Repository and Presentation Layer.
- Analyzed business requirements, created functional specifications, and supported development.
- Developed and maintained several reports and dashboards.
Sr. Systems Analyst/ Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Camarillo, CA
- Administered Oracle Application Modules and Discoverer BI and fielded Oracle application issues for modules including Purchasing, Inventory, Iprocurement, Oracle Workflow, and Custom Forms.
- Collaborated with SMEs on business requirement analysis and best practicing mapping and worked with consultants on Oracle functional design review and configuration to ensure compliance with business requirements and corporate policies.
- Created and maintained user profiles and responsibilities in Oracle EBS and Discoverer Reporting tool and monitored Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Database sessions.
- Designed purchasing approval hierarchy, system profiles, and inbound/outbound interfaces.
- Established and implemented an Oracle database backup and recovery plan using RMAN.
- Created complex reports and administered Oracle Discoverer, including Discoverer Administrator, Desktop, Plus, and Viewer.
- Created Business Areas for Discoverer users and supported the creation, development, and modification of management reports.
- Conducted Discoverer Plus and Viewer training for management and end-users.
Business Risk Management Analyst/ Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Developed strategies supporting business decision-making and process requirements and compiled and analyzed process control activities for claims, financial processes, and customer services operations for the healthcare insurance provider.
- Managed mid-sized, cross-functional projects, including business requirements, testing plans, resource coordination, and validations, acting as the Project Manager.
- Coordinated review sessions with business sponsors and project managers, performed gap analysis, and facilitated business policy and procedure changes for the organization.
- Conducted Sarbanes-Oxley initiative testing and documentation process reviews .
- Facilitated communication with stakeholders and management for approval, check and balance, and presentation of detailed business cases.
- Reviewed and documented business processes for risk assessment purposes, created risk mitigation plans, and collaborated with SMEs on plan execution.
- Developed training materials, business deliverable protocols, and business standards.
Confidential, Burbank, CA
- Performed accounting functions, including GL close for AP department and assisted the IT department with hardware and software configurations for the multi-national entertainment and record label conglomerate.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and end-to-end system implementation, testing, and upgrade processes.
- Led Oracle 10i PL/SQL, 170 Imaging training for accounting, QA, vendor maintenance and coding resolution clerks.
- Represented the AP department on standing IT issue meetings, collaborated with IT teams supporting business requirements, and handled problems with the Electronic Invoices Approval.
- Designed validations and tests and conducted data validations on testing phase of project implementation with system developers for system upgrades, maintenance, and implementations.
- Reviewed, approved, and released vendor invoices for payment.