- Around 4 years of experience in different areas of Software Development and Testing, with primary focus on Quality assurance with proven track record of achieving best results in fast changing work environment.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Developer engineer as a Tester (SDET), Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and Defect Management Life Cycle Methodologies.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Selenium WebDriver, RC, IDE, Grid, QTP, Maven/ANT, Jenkins, Quality Center, SOAP UI.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE, RC, WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experience with Page Object Model (POM) automation framework.
- Extensive experience in the Quality Assurance and Automated/Manual testing of web based, Client/Server applications using Black Box and White Box testing techniques.
- Hands on Experience in Developing BDD & ATDD Scripts.
- Experience in installing and configuring SQL Server using SSMS SQL Server versions
- Experience in Database testing by using Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, T - SQL and PL/SQL Queries .
- Hands on experience in maintaining the Traceability Matrix, Test Data Matrix and Status report related to project.
- Enjoys learning new technologies, methods, applications and very eager to acquire new knowledge
- Played majority role in test strategy, test execution plans, defining test cases along with the development and maintenance of test scripts according to the business specifications given.
- Maintained administrator account in Azure and created various accounts to run load testing from Azure
- Enhanced effectiveness of daily operations by providing WMS support.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/Grid, QTP, Testing, Junit, Test Director/Quality Center, SOAP UI
Web Application Servers: Jenkins, Hudson, Maven
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL & MS Access
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, NAT
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7, UNIX, MAC
- Developed the scope and vision documents that defined the primary goals, objectives and scope of the project.
- Created Mock-up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Utilized MS Visio for designing Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Performed tests on various features of Agile development process during sprints
- Writing test scenarios, Test cases from the business requirements documents
- Developed use case model using MS Visio. Created a development plan for the overall project and prototypes.
- Review effort estimates for project execution and seek review from respective manager
- Maintain detailed schedule for a work packet and provide inputs to overall project goals
- Ensure that the test environment in provided by the client as well as provide necessary review feedback for test data set-up
- Involved with creation of UML diagrams such as activity and sequence diagrams by using MS Visio.
- Processing of New Business, Renewal, Cancellation, Reinstatement, Billing for various lines of business (Fire, Auto, Commercial)
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Prepared test data for the functional test cases. Evaluated test results and prepared test summary reports
- Created test cases to check the functionality of Application. Successfully implemented the change request and defect tracking Using Rational Clear Quest for utilization by the developers and the QA Team.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI .
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI .
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium WebDriver.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Answered telephone calls to assist clients with IVR issues, problems and inquires associated with specific applications and products.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Created the Manual Test Cases, their documentation and automate them on later basis.
- Successful implementation of online transaction processing applications and its associated modules like database testing and validation
- Mapping the Test Cases from Test Plan to Test Lab under Quality Center for Execution.
- Executing the Automated Test Cases through Quality Center.
- Created dashboard-style reports combining list, cross-tabular, map and chart displays to give executives an at-a-glance look at the critical information needed for the successful operation of the business.
- Manually modified the SQL in Report Studio to tune and/or to write reports.
- Troubleshooting report development issues by querying the report source data directly using database tools and communicate those issues to data modelers for verification/resolution.